Thread: A Request For Vegans in NYC

Default A Request For Vegans in NYC

I hope this inquiry isn't too awkward...

I will be needing to go to the Swiss Consulate General in New York in order to be able to pick up my visa on time for my scheduled flight of departure. To give myself adequate time and space, it would help if I could meet up with someone/find a place to stay for just one overnight and take a Greyhound bus that goes to DC for the next day, to catch my flight, which will be departing from the Dulles airport (since there's a special fare that goes from that flight, and would give me a little more financial leeway).

If there is anyone willing to meet with me, in order for me to get to the Consulate and get on a Greyhound, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance!

veggiepark

Default Re: A Request For Vegans in NYC

Isn't there an embassy or consulate withing Washinton D.c. city limits? I'm at Philadelphia which is halfway between New York and Washington. I recently moved, i has some space but no bedding? My residence is close to Center City and Amtrak trains. If you can provide bedding and are in need email!

Hi, veggiepark.

Yes, there is an embassy in DC. However, because I'm from Pennsylvania, I had to submit my application to New York, since it covers that state as well as a few others.

It turns out that I will be flying from the JFK airport on May 30th. I may already be meeting with someone there, but I would like to still keep you as an option too if you wish.

I will be taking a midnight/early morning Greyhound bus ride to NY and depart from JFK that evening---on May 30th.

Thank you for your willingness to help.

veggiepark, would you mind sending me your e-mail address through a PM?

Exclamation A Favour From Anyone In or Near New York...

Hi.

This is a follow-up from the previous post I made.

Would it be possible for anyone in or near New York to meet me at the Greyhound bus stop, take me to the General Swiss Consulate, and then drop me off at the JFK airport (on May 30th)?

If so, please do let me know and/or PM me with any questions/comments. I will provide the addresses/directions to the places upon request along with details on times (where I'd be/need to be by certain times that day).

Many many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by flutterby; May 21st, 2007 at 09:40 AM. Reason: this was the 1st post in a similar thread

pisces, i'm in NY state, but NYC is about 4 hours away from me, so probably too far for you to stay with me...
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

Thank you anyway, DancingWillow. I have things sorted out. Fortunately the Consulate is only 4 miles from the Greyhound stop. I should be able to get transportation to the JFK without a problem, given the time I'll have to spare, considering my flight takes off at 9:40 PM.

glad you got it all sorted, Pisces if i can be of any help, let me know...
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

good to hear you've got it sorted out, Pisces. hope it goes smoothly for you.

Default A New reqeust!

Sorry for using your thread but it saves me starting another. Im looking to move to New York in about two years time (or more.) When I finish my degree id like to carry on my education over in America.

Im wanting to do something along the lines of Forensic psychiatry. Meaning id be working in a psychiatric hospital or part of a hospital resverved for criminals. However Ive searched the net and I can't find any info on where such hospitals are, of if they even have any in NY.

Id be so greatful if someone could help me research this, or if they know anything about the this allready to fill me in!

Edit: Well I finally found some info, seconds after making this post. Just my luck eh. I found that there are a few Kirby Psychiatric Center, the Bellevue Psychiatric Hospital Prison Ward and the Forensic Psychiatry Clinic for the New York Criminal and Supreme Courts. I found this info on the New York Uni website in the forensic psychiary residency section.

But more info is still welcome!!!
    Last edited by Christina; Jun 6th, 2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Found some info, added it.