Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Weight reduction advice

Default Re: need help losing weight

I had to loose a couple of stone a few years ago and followed the Rosemary Connely diet (a friend had loaned me a copy of the book) which basically cut down on fatty foods (I think the most you are advised to eat was around 5 g fat per meal) but allowed unlimited fruit and veg. I didn't even do the accompanying exercises but managed to loose the 2 stone in around 3 months, without even cutting calories.

I know it's not as easy as saying "don't give into your cravings, don't eat junk" but I found it helped to not have junk food in the house to begin with. But at the same time, don't completely deny yourself treats. If you want a treat, perhaps make yourself work for it. E.g. walk out to the shop and buy a chocolate bar when you feel like it, rather than being able to simply reach into the cupboard and grab one from a multi-pack! And don't avoid going out for a meal occasionally.

I don't believe that dieting in the traditional sense really works. Firstly, cutting down to say 1000 calories sends your body into starvation mode and your metabolism plummets - so then when you actually do eat, the weight comes back rapidly! Plus, cutting back on calories and banning all the foods you like only serves to make you feel deprived, which leads to cravings and ultimately the end of your diet.

In a nutshell, the only way to loose weight and keep it off healthily is to make healthy eating a part of your lifestyle. This way the weight will come off slowly but it will stay off. Fad diets are perhaps good for quick results in the short-term, but won't work in the long-term.
    "Born on the same planet, Covered by the same skies..."

Hemlock, I see what you mean about 'the zone'. I was there once about 6 years ago and lost nearly 2 stone, was at my ideal weight and never realised it.

Then I started working in a fast food place and that was the end of slim me.

Still well done on cutting out the crisps philfox, I'm yet to master that feat.

Quote Maisiepaisie View Post
    Ginger I was doing the skinny bitch diet but it only lasted about a week. I can't do it when I've got PMS as I get mad food cravings and my PMS seems to be lasting longer and longer. I only get a week to 10 days per month of feeling normal
    Poor you. ;-( I hate being due on. I eat like a pig. I totally sympathise.
    If i keep a green bough in my heart my singing bird will come.

I have an idea for a diet plan and am wondering if it would be healthy. I'm thinking muesli or porridge for breakfast and nothing else except fruit and veg smoothies or plain fruit or veg. Perhaps a couple of the smoothies could have oatmilk to make them a bit more substantial. Or maybe I ought to just have a smoothie for breakfast and have muesli/porridge before my gym workout as thats when I need extra energy. What do people think? Please let me know if you think theres any food I ought to include but I do take various supplements including a multivitamin.
    The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well

RubyDuby

the question you need to ask yourself is, can i eat this way for the rest of my life? and if the answer is no, it wont work. you will eventually fall back into feeling the way you do now. Rachel June is right.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

well i decided this morning to just do it, just start being sesible with what i eat. i'm basing my foods around wholefoods, and trying to cut out bread (allowing myself some wholemeal bread and pasta occasionally from time to time)
    bread is my biggest downfall and alcohol. i had a couple of pints yesterday, so i need to go for at least a week to feel the benefits of not drinking. i had melon for breakfast rather than crumpets, and found it very satisfying, i made a soup for lunch, with lots of beans and lentils in for some umph. having a jacket potato and hummus tonight, i quite enjoy that, so its something to look forward to.

I fully agree rubyduby, am trying to work out whats the best eating plan for me. i want to start eating stereotypical vegan foods, more veg, and lentils (love lentils) more brown rice, and lots of fruit.

i guess the weight didnt go on over night so it wont go away quickly either
    Vegan Forum: keeping me sane in the world of the ignorant.

I think quickfix diets can work and I disagree that the all the weight comes back although sometimes that can happen if you go back to old eating habits. I agree that eating habits need to be changed forever in order to maintain a lower bodyweight. If diets didn't work no one would ever bother doing them.
    The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well

Some people go on diets to lose weight for a particular occasion or holiday don't they? So they may not be bothered about the weight coming back later.

But I think there are some doubts about whether it's healthy to keep losing weight and putting it back on again, and so an approach that loses weight gradually but sustainably is probably preferable.

From the health point of view, I believe there's also some evidence that the amount of exercise you take is a more important factor than the weight that you are, though obviously one influences theh other.

hopefully im doing enough exercise at the moment, apart form exercise on prescription sessions, i'm walking to meet my boyfriend more and also just got a job as a cleaner so thats making me ache when i get home
    i lost a stone in a week whilst on the cabbage soup diet a few months ago but it all came back the week later, by just eating sensibly.
    thing is im so impatient, i want results in a day not over months. keeping all my fingers crossed i can lose perhaps 2 stone for christmas. i'm a size 16-18 at the moment, by xmas id like to be 14-16 (happy at a steady 16 at the moment )
    Vegan Forum: keeping me sane in the world of the ignorant.

Default Not sure how to lose the weight

I've gained about 10 pounds over the last couple of years and I've been trying to lose it for a while. Recently, I've pretty much dropped all sweets from my diet and I've been running at least twice a week. I haven't been gaining any more weight, which is good, and I've lost like, one pound, but the loss is really really slow. For breakfast, I eat either a larabar or whole grain cereal with flax seed with almond milk. For lunch I almost always have a whole grain peanut butter sandwich, strawberries, kiwi, and carrots. Dinner varies. I think I might eat too much for dinner, so I'm going to try to reduce my portions. Besides that, is there anything else I can or should do to lose this weight kind of soon, like within two months?
    Last edited by Korn; Mar 14th, 2010 at 08:23 AM. Reason: This was the first post in a similar thread

Default Re: Not sure how to lose the weight

strength training.

buy yourself some small (2, 5, 10 #) weights and do repititions!

or use them at your gym if you belong.

gaining that extra bit of muscle will give your metabolism a boost!

the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

The trick is low calorie-dense foods. Try replacing the peanut butter with a vegetable sandwich, and try and lightly snack more throughout the day. Make sure to get all your water by carrying a measured water bottle and be sure to finish it before the end of the day. Soup, without oil added, is a great filling, low calorie dinner.

Definately agree with building muscle! The running is good, but even walking when you don't feel like running is great too. Try and find an aerobic fun activity like tennis or frisbee or dancing, so that you'll want to do it more.

Muscle weighs more than fat so if you gain muscle you may not seem much weight loss but you will feel slimmer and fitter. Keep up the exercise and cut down on fatty foods. No pastry, crisps/chips, no sweets.
    Be careful not to decrease your protein intake, keep eating wholegrain cereals like bread and pasta and beans and pulses which are good protein sources. They will help you turn fat weight to muscle weight.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

I agree with jj weight training is excellent. It gives a boost of energy and will definitely tone you up. Gently does it. I would say don't get bogged down in weighing yourself, go by how you feel and look.

If you watch your portions and exercsie you can loose 10 pounds in 2 months. Sometimes its a good idea to keep a food diary of everything that passes your lips as you can be snacking w/o counting it - say a few nuts here and there that add up over the day. Fill up on fruit and veg for snacks and include lost of whole grains, pulses, a few nuts and seeds etc to stay healthy. I used to count cals but gave up on that and now just eat 3 meals a day untill I am full plus snacks when I need them - fuit/veg/nuts/seeds/rice cakes/air popped pop corn etc plus an hours exercse a day and I have lost 7 pounds so far I love being a vegan.
    What you tolerate, you encourage.

I agree about the weight training (though I seldom take this very good advice myself ). Ditto portion control. Losing 10 pounds in two months is very possible depending on your current weight. Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week, but it gets harder if you're on the light side (and easier if you're on the heavier side).

To lose and maintain weight, I've been using calorieking.com. I don't know if this has already been discussed in this forum (sorry, I'm new!), but it's a calorie-counting tool with a huge food database so you can enter things into your food diary like "1/2 cup brown rice" and it knows the calorie content, protein content, calcium content, *everything.* It also has convenience products (like Larabars, for examples). I also use it to track my protein and calcium intake. You can even get reports (for the last two weeks, for the last month, or whatever) about your nutrient intake including zinc and iron. There is also a vegetarian message board there. Very few vegans, though (maybe 2 or 3), so I'd love it if some more joined.

I find it useful because (as someone already mentioned) when you are eating low cal to lose weight, you sometimes don't get enough of the various nutrients. For me, when I eat 1200-1500 calories a day, it is sometimes difficult to get enough protein, and if I weren't actually tracking it, I'm not sure if I would! Also, I tend to go overboard with low fat stuff when trying to lose weight and don't get *enough* fat... so it's good to have the food diary there to keep me in line.

You do have to pay for it, though. I can't remember what the rate is, but it's well worth it, IMHO. Some other sites have free calorie-counting (sparkpeople, I think?) without all the other whistles and bells.

Good luck!
    "Lovers, givers, what minds have we made/ that make us hate/ a slaughterhouse for torturing a river?" ==AF

You can make yourself a spreadsheet quite easily and for free! I'm not sure about the U.S., but in Europe packaged food has to be labelled with Nutritional Information. This gives Typical Values per 100g (i.e. %) for at least the major nutrients (energy, protein, fat, fibre, sodium). If you can judge how many grams of each of your usual foods you eat in a typical day, the spreadsheet can calculate the totals for you. This is what I did when I first went vegan, to make sure I was getting enough of the nutrients I needed. I could send you a copy of my old one (are attachments allowed in PMs, Moderators?) which you could modify to suit the foods you eat, but it's easy enough to do yourself. I eventually wanted more information about minor nutrients, which weren't on the labels, so I got that from the USDA website.
    Anyway, I wanted more fibre than even most vegan diets (due to a medical condition) and found out that the easiest way was to add wheat bran to my breakfast cereal. Reading the Nutritional Information, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that, far from being just fibre, it was also very rich in valuable vitamins and minerals. (A big thank-you to all those white bread eaters out there - if it wasn't for them this bran wouldn't be available for sale, all bread, pasta, etc. would be wholemeal! )

Here's my main message:- this is a really easy way for vegans to control their weight! Bran has all these wonderful vitamins and minerals, but not many calories. Due to the fibre, it fills you up, it keeps you "regular", you get your nutrients, but you don't put on weight! It's that easy! Just increase it gradually to allow your body to get used to it. With fruit, vegetables, wholemeal products and the bran, I get about 75g of fibre per day; that seems to be about right for me, but others may want less.

cherrywisp

Default Re: The help I got trying to lose weight

Quote Maisiepaisie View Post
    I have, for most of my life. In the past I have blamed my genes and winged about my weight but at the end of the day I'm fat because I've spent many years overeating, eating too much junk food and not exercising. I started a diet and exercise regime about 2 months ago. The diet, I must admit I haven't stuck to ridgedly every day but now I've devised a healthier eating plan and am in the process of increasing my exercise which is currently around 10 hours per week. Although I haven't lost any weight on the scales (I've been building muscle) I do look slimmer. If you want to lose weight you need to cut out the junk, eat healthy and exercise. It really is that simple!
    Nonreligious Amen to that. Just because someone says that cutting out the junk is simple doesn't mean they haven't struggled with their weight. Do you know ANYONE who hasn't struggled with their eating/weight at one point or another? I don't.

It really is as simple as cutting out junk and exercising and focusing on getting healthier, unless you actually have physical problems within your body, most of which are triggered by outside factors in the first place - like diet.

What could be more simple than changing your lifestyle to healthy one?

Default Re: The help I got trying to lose weight.

Quote jjdaiquiri View Post
    i use fitday and love it!

my only problem with it is why doesnt it track sugars???

i always thought that was weird!!!

I agree, very odd.

I know how to lose weight, I'm just too lazy.

Now that I've permanently switched to veganism, I've already noticed a slimmer figure, although not much weight loss (I do still have some dense muscle mass from when I did wisen up enough to weight train).

EASY things that work for EVERYONE:

Drink lots of no-calorie fluids. Don't choke it down, but when you're thirsty, drink as much as you can, not just enough to make the feeling go away. A lot of people think they're hungry when they're really thirsty...so drink a glass of water before grabbing a snack.

Grocery shop on a budget. What can you buy to cook good food? Don't spend it on junk, b/c you don't have money to waste.

Enjoy your carbs, just make sure they're whole grain and in conjunction with variety of veggies or beans.

Make sure you've got something you want to eat that is good for you at home. I always find 20 minutes to throw a vegan casserole or soup together in the slow cooker. You don't have to wait until you're hungry to cook...you can store it in your fridge!

Fill up on the good stuff. Eat as much of it as you want. Have a third serving. That way, you won't be so inclined to munch on the junk food later.

***Don't eat before bed.*** Start with not eating for half an hour before, then one, then 1.5, etc. until you can go as far as 4-5 hours. I can't tell you how much of a difference this makes.

If you must eat junk, do it after eating a healthy meal. Buy the smallest serving, and set your boundaries BEFORE you start chowing down.

Don't restrict so much! A lot of us have the will power to cut our calories below 1200, but it really does make you flip out and binge in the end, no matter how strong you are.

Stay active if you know you won't exercise. Take the stairs--up or down, you're burning more calories than you normally would. Don't always look for the closest parking space. Walk your dogs a little further or more often. Clean your house. Window shop more often. You get the picture.

Just thought I'd share those things. They're really not too hard to follow--a lot easier than dieting and the gym. Whenever I follow all or most of those rules I don't have to worry about my weight at all.
    Hope it helps someone esle, too!

Love and peace,
    Dianne

I LOVE what Dianne wrote. Makes perfect sense, and Dianne your info photo is very lovely -- you're a picture of health and beauty.

For me it's basically the same thing: staying away from white foods (pasta, bread, white rice) and concentrating on greens and vegetables (raw whenever possible), fruits, brown rice, beans, tofu, limiting vegan treats to maybe once a week (treats like Soy Dream ice cream, salty vegan TV dinners, chips) and my weight stays where I want it (also exercise every day -- light weights and yoga, long walks on the beach).

If I'm going to eat vegan treats, I'll try to eat them earlier in the day ... like Dianne says, that does make a difference.

When I eat bread I can gain as much as a half pound per day!! (Unless it's manna bread, which is cooked at low temperatures, having at least some enzymes).

On the other end of the spectrum, if I'm not careful I can lose weight very fast too. When I was a raw foodist, I swear, pounds were coming off so fast it was scary.

I'm only 5'3" so gaining and losing comes easy for me, but I'm happiest when the scale stays put

Thanks Healthy!
    Love, peace, and vegan grease!

sage68

Question how to continue my weight loss on a vegan diet

About 2 months ago I became vegan. Until that point, I was steadily losing weight on the LA Weight Loss plan. Once I became vegan, they were no longer supportive of my decision (although I had been having problems with their support for a while before announcing this change of lifestyle to them) and a vegan diet was quite hard to fit into their plan, so I quit going and decided to go alone on the weight loss. So far, I have gained 5 pounds and am worried that I will put on more. Anyone have any suggestions on how to continue my weight loss on a vegan diet? Any foods to eat or stay away from?
    Last edited by Korn; Mar 14th, 2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: This was the first post in a similar thread

Default Re: weight loss issues

What kinds of things are you eating that you think might be causing you to put on weight?

Are you still exercising the same as when you were on the LA Weightloss Plan?

You still need good healthy fats in your diet, so I wouldn't steer clear of things like avocados and nuts and nut butters, olive oil etc. Just make sure you're having them in moderate amounts.

Vegan junkfood is another story though - things like chips, deep fried foods, cookies cakes etc are bound to pile on the calories. Try to keep those to a minimum.

sage68

I'm not exactly sure what I am eating that is wrong. Maybe I am eating too much? I am trying as much as possible to stay with whole grains, as they are more filling, and am trying to incorporate more beans rather than tofu, as they are also more filling and less in fat.

I am exercising the same as before, and actually in the last week I am trying to get out walking more with my daughter. She loves to be pushed in the stroller and it helps with she is having a rough day, as it calms her right away. I think the issue with exercise right now is that if the weather isn't cooperating, I can't get out with her and need to find things to do in the house that are OK to do with her around (like weights are probably best left for her nap time or bed since she will want to play with them REALLY bad).

My weight went up a lot when I became vegan - I thought I could eat what I wanted as it was such a healthy diet - well I can't
    I've cut down portion sizes and ditched the crisps and white food such as sugar, white pasta and white rice and just eat wholemeal now and the weight is falling off. I may even look like a human being in time for Veganbikerboys party
    Silent but deadly :p

Maybe your portion sizes are a little too large? That could be a factor. If you eat mainly fresh food (plenty of fruit and veg and incorporate raw foods when you can) and avoid anything refined or processed, while taking care not to over-eat, you should lose weight.
    Eating breakfast and snacking healthily (rather than getting really hungry) is important to keep your metabolism going. Good luck!

try to avoid processed foods and cook yourself. the vegetables are very filling.

sage68

Thank you so much for all the help. these are great ideas that I will try. It was just very discouraging to step on the scale and see that number. I worked very hard to lose all the "baby weight" after having my daughter and was just heart-broken to see it coming back. If I can at least maintain my weight, I will be happy (although losing some more pounds or inches wouldn't upset me too much)

jasonhouston

Read and follow Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman or The McDougall Plan by John McDougall. Both plans are vegan and heavy on the salad. Both plans are vegan for health reasons, not for the animals sake.

I have been vegan or near vegan for years, but I only have a healthy weight through a diligent plan of exercize and healthy eating. I have a weakness for Soy Delicious "ice cream" and things like that. Also tortilla chips and guacamole. I am trying to knock off about 25# right now so I'm trying to eat a salad every day, lift weights 3x a week, and walk the dog 2 miles a day (which I always did anyway).

When I first went vegan I lost over 65# on the McDougall plan. Later I (stupidly) started back on cheese for a couple of years and gained it back. Since then I have been vegan again and go up and down with weight, depending on how much I indulge myself with sweets and fats.

Good for you for making the decision to get your health together!
    Jason

I am losing weight and the most helpful thing I have found is to keep a food diary - it is amazing how much I used to eat without noticing. I now try to be more mindful while eating and enjoy it as much as possible.

Other things which help are having 4 or 5 small meals rather than 3 medium-large ones, and knowing that me being overweight and unhealthy means money for nasty big corporations (eating junk food, being on medication, etc.). If it is all about my health, I just sabotage it but if I put my weight gain and lack of exercise into a wider context, it is a lot easier to stick with fruit, vegetables, wholefoods, etc.

its tough because healthy food can also be somewhat fattening if you have too much. try to go easy on the things that have alot of fats, even if they are not saturated. its good to have but not in large amounts. i would also suggest having 4 or 5 small meals a day. but the key is, small meals. without it being mindless picking. if you stay away from the refined sugars and carbs thats always a plus. have you ever heard of or read the book "Skinny Bitch"? its a pretty good read if you are looking to get some direction as to how to eat healthy and stay low in your weight. and of course, written by vegans. good luck!

sugarmouse

I agree with Aurore because this is how I lost weight...eat more vegetables cooked healthily, and more salads..fill up on these also adding nutritious foods such as pulses...but eat more vegetables is probably the best tip I have.
    Making my own soups helped me with weight loss too because I sometimes eat/graze all day if I am here studying, so I would make a big vat of vegetable or tomato soup knowing I can eat so much of it I feel full, but it would fill me up not out!

sage68

The veggies are definitely something I need to eat more of. I cooked spaghetti squash tonight and put mushrooms, onions and green peppers with marinara sauce on it and was quite good. I love salads but since becoming vegan I haven't found a dressing I like yet. Still working on that, so if anyone has any suggestions on dressings, let me know. I did a separate thread for that as well. The soup is a great idea. I will have to do that. I have a wonderful veggie crock pot cookbook that I will have to use as they had some great soups in there.

jasonhouston

I don't know if they have these where you live:

Low fat:
    Naturally Fresh Balsamic Vinaigrette - I like this when I'm in a tangy mood. I get this at Kroger (www.naturallyfresh.com)

Vegan: (by Vitasoy www.vitasoy.com )
    Nasoya Garden Herb Ranch and Thousand Island - not low fat but a little goes a long way. I get these at Whole Foods.

I have also done Veganaise mixed with ketchup and sweet pickle relish for Thousand Island.

The more you can keep it simple and let the foods flavor themselves the better. Tomatoes, sunflower seeds, cucumbers, etc all do a lot to make the salads taste better. The thing about salads is that they will fill your stomach on very little calories. You combine that with a baked potato or brown rice and vegetables and you're all set.

By the way, for low fat dessert I really like Zensoy's chocolate pudding.
    Jason

sage68

I am definitely encouraged by the fact that it sounds common to gain some weight when you first become vegan until you get your eating habits under control. I definitely have faith that I will get my weight under control!

Here's a really good soup recipe: http://www.veganforum.com/forums/sho...hlight=pumpkin

I used low fat coconut milk when I made it, so it wasn't as high in fat. Guaranteed - you'll love this one!

I'm trying to lose weight right now I stick to a calorie controlled diet of 1400 calories per day and try to do 200 calories worth of exercise each day. I keep a daily food and exercise diary too. I think keeping track of what I'm eating on a daily basis helps a great deal and makes me very aware of portion sizes and also helps me when it comes to balancing my diet properly too. I've lost 1 and a half stone so far (21lbs) so it seems to be working.

That's good Lorrs . I lost all my weight by eating between 1600 and 1800 calories a day. 1400 wouldn't be enough to keep me going unfortunately.

Quote sage68 View Post
    The veggies are definitely something I need to eat more of. I cooked spaghetti squash tonight and put mushrooms, onions and green peppers with marinara sauce on it and was quite good. I love salads but since becoming vegan I haven't found a dressing I like yet. Still working on that, so if anyone has any suggestions on dressings, let me know. I did a separate thread for that as well. The soup is a great idea. I will have to do that. I have a wonderful veggie crock pot cookbook that I will have to use as they had some great soups in there.
    Have you tried any of the Annie's Naturals dressings? I just bought the Green Garlic flavor the other night. It's really good. I buy faux "chicken" by the brand Quorn and it is really really good. So I will use that as a sauce or dip for the "chicken". I have yet to try any other flavors by Annie's but I am planning on it.

I generally make salad dressing from olive oil or walnut oil and balsamic vinegar; with balsamic vinegar (as opposed to the sourer kinds) you only need a drop of oil. Salads can also be good dressed with just lemon or lime juice, and maybe a dash of soy sauce.

You can also make a dressing with Udo's Choice, cider vinegar, and Herbamare.
    The Udo's Choice is a special oil blend with lots of Omega oils in which is supposed to actually help you burn fat. The Herbamare is a blend of sea salt, herbs and spices. If you eat a big salad with this dressing on at least once a week it will help you lose weight.
    Try not to focus on restricting what you eat, but replace unhealthy high fat foods with healthy lower fat foods. Wholegrains, fruit and vegetables. Avoid convenience foods and takeaways.
    Keeping lemons handy to squeeze over your foods makes them tasty without the need to add condiments.
    And cut out alcohol, it is very fattening.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

Quote veggiemaya View Post
    . I buy faux "chicken" by the brand Quorn and it is really really good.
    Quorn has egg white in it - unless there is a vegan version I don't know about.

JC

yeah, i've never known quorn to be vegan. but realeat have just brought out some frozen chicken-style pieces ooooooh and there's one brand that's really amazing, but i can't remember what it's called! could be redwood vegideli, not sure, but if it is them, then i'm in love with that whole range!

Veggiemaya is in the US, so maybe it's different there? I know we don't get Quorn products up here though.

Quote AnneCE View Post
    Quorn has egg white in it - unless there is a vegan version I don't know about.
    oh my goodness! i am really glad that you said that!! I am a new vegan, about 2 weeks now...and i havent even eaten any of that yet. it is in my freezer though and sure enough..i read it and there are egg whites. oh well, on to the next brand. anyone have suggestions for a good tasting fake chicken? oh, and AnneCE, thanks for the heads up!!

Quote veggiemaya View Post
    oh my goodness! i am really glad that you said that!! I am a new vegan, about 2 weeks now...and i havent even eaten any of that yet. it is in my freezer though and sure enough..i read it and there are egg whites. oh well, on to the next brand. anyone have suggestions for a good tasting fake chicken? oh, and AnneCE, thanks for the heads up!!
    There is one that is in a bag by Morningstar, called "meal starters" They are called Chik'n Strips. They are pretty good. Just use them how you would strips of chicken. and what ever you do DON'T microwave them!!
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

Quote missbettie View Post
    There is one that is in a bag by Morningstar, called "meal starters" They are called Chik'n Strips. They are pretty good. Just use them how you would strips of chicken. and what ever you do DON'T microwave them!!
    actually, i have tried those. they are very good too. i would like to play around a bit more with some tofu recipes too. my problem is i dont really like to cook, haha. oh well, guess i will have to start some time. thanks!

sage68

I know i have noticed that I do have a sweet tooth, especially in the evenings. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can eat when those moments arise that isn't high in calories?

Fruit, it might not be the thing you are craving but after eating it the sweet craving will go away.