Thread: Petition to FDA Requesting Mandated Safety Testing of Product Ingredients - Sign

Exclamation Petition to FDA Requesting Mandated Safety Testing of Product Ingredients - Sign

Support Government-Mandated Safety Testing of Product Ingredients

Shocking but true: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has no authority to require that the ingredients in everything from shampoo to toothpaste be assessed for safety, nor can they require a warning label when a product uses un-tested and possibly harmful ingredients.

Please sign this petition to the FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition urging them to set safety standards when it comes to the products we all use every day! Together we can make our families safer and force the FDA to change their ways.

When we reach 10,000 signatures EWG will submit this petition to the FDA as part of our ongoing campaign to keep families safe from potentially toxic and harmful ingredients.

Thank you for taking action!

http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organ...etition_KEY=385

Default Re: Petition to FDA Requesting Mandated Safety Testing of Product Ingredients -

But wouldn't this increase animal testing?
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Default Re: Petition to FDA Requesting Mandated Safety Testing of Product Ingredients -

Quote Marrers View Post
    But wouldn't this increase animal testing?
    That's just what I was thinking...

I only just heard that something similar will be happening in the UK in a few years time. That everything will have to be tested on animals by law I'm hoping there will be a large and angry uprising to protest this, although as it's apparently already been passed, I'm not sure if anything can be done to stop it now
    "Born on the same planet, Covered by the same skies..."

The Canadian Government just outlawed thousands of chemicals from their products. This is not about finding out what is toxic. This is about removing products that are already known toxins. Such as the huge warning on the back of our toothpaste tube: WARNING! A pea-sized amount of toothpages can kill a small child. Removing Lead that is used in lipsticks that allows it to stay on our lips longer.