Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Vegan Norwich!

Default Re: Vegan Norwich!

Hello, Manchineel! I walk past it a lot, but not been in there yet. I think they've also got a wee outlet next to the Playhouse?? How much do you get for your money? It appears to be rather expensive...
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

One piece of pita with about 4 small falafel patties, and then whatever filling. I had a mexican one with guacamole and salsa, tasty and I was full. I thought it was a decent size. Good for a lunch or if you need something quick in the city but not dinner. I love it because there isn't much vegan food that you can just grab and go.
    There's a nice seating area upstairs too, went there with omni friends and they love it.
    I haven't seen the outlet next to the playhouse, I'll have to check it out!

Something you may all be interested in ... I'm part of the group organising the Norwich Veggie Fayre!
    If you are on facebook, please follow the link below to the event page:

http://www.facebook.com/events/308445052569093/

If not, no worries at all! Here is all you need to know:

After being a bit of a hit among the people of a fine city last November, Norwich Veggie Fayre is back with a summer event to shine a bigger, better and more diverse light on vegetarian and vegan diets.

The event is free and takes place on Saturday 21st July between 11:00 and 17:00 at St Gregory’s Church (NR2 1ER), in the heart of the Norwich Lanes and, weather permitting, will encompass both the building and the gardens!

The aims of the event are to promote awareness of an animal-friendly, eco-friendly and healthy diet as well as the local and national organisations catering to this lifestyle.

Available on the day will be an enticing array of tasters from participating cafés and caterers in the Norwich area, additional free-to-all sweets and savouries created by the hosts, and a wealth of information from various organisations and charities and sanctuaries.

Whether you are a longstanding vegan, considering a step towards a vegan diet and are looking for guidance or just interested in creative and innovative approaches of cooking, Norwich Veggie Fayre will have something for you. Bring friends, bring family, bring the dog. Enjoy the food and be excellent.

Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/308445052569093/

The event is proudly sponsored by the Vegan Society, Animal Aid and Rainbow Wholefoods

Look forward to seeing you there!!
    x

Hi nickyb - thanks for the further info!

The Veggie Fayre was a resounding success, I believe! It was SO busy, and we pretty much had got rid of all our stuff by the end of the day! It was great to be on a stall and meet so many lovely people. I had a lot of fun Can't wait until next year!

Now I've got Pride to do next Saturday! Busy, busy!

HI,
    Has anyone tried out a new cafe in Bury St Edmunds? its called Josef`s its in St Johns Street. We have been in but only for coffee. Alas no Vegan cake but it had been busy and just before closing and they had sold out of nearly all cakes.
    So next time i am in Bury i will try again, hopefully for lunch, may even have to try and go for a Saturday evening.
    Perhaps a meet up location?
    Last edited by paul46; Jul 22nd, 2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Meet up

That sounds good! I can easily get a train to BSE. If there's coffee involved, I'm there

Good and bad news for Norwich. Rhubarb and Custard the bakers (gluten free and mainly vegan) are closing Saturday 28th July. They are looking for new premises to be able to bake more!!! But they haven't found anywhere yet. If you haven't been yet pop along and have a look and yes they taste as good as they look (or better).
    Paul.

Good news.
    The indian in lillie magdelin street has now opened Namaste India. It is in Opie street in the city center. The web site is www.namasteindianorwich.com tried it yesterday lunch and will be going back very soon. Has anyone else tried it yet? The evening menu looks very good.
    Paul.

Planning on going there with my parents. First we're going to try Sakura Glad to hear you had a good experience. LOVED the food they did at the vegan fayre.

Has any else one on here tried namaste in Norwich?
    Pusskins how did you get on? I have had lunch a few times now, always in a rush, we will go back and try and make a evening of it.
    Really friendly place.

We're going to Namaste for a meal on 8th Dec, and then on the 15th we're going to Sakura Looking forward to it! Will report back.

We went to Pulse, above Rainbow, recently, and the food was fantastic! Great service, friendly staff and a great selection of vegan food. We'll be back!
    I've started a blog where I'm recording the vegan food I eat when out and about if anyone is interested, and have mentioned pulse...
    http://www.veganoutandabout.blogspot.co.uk/
    www . purplecobwebs . co . uk
    Selling handcrafted cards & gifts to help Viva!

Not currently a vegan

Hi - Newly vegan here! Still finding my feet - did a month last year and chickened out (I have been dairy free for 10 years - so meat rather than dairy has been the hard bit!) but am now determined to stay on the straight and narrow

A shame I missed the vegan food fair - is there a website that I can link to to see when they are happening next?

When I lived in Lincolnshire we used to go to an old mill restaurant out near the cost (Boston I think) that used to do a regular veggy/vegan evening - which was a set menu but superb! I wonder if there is anywhere in Norwich that would entertain doing something similar? A great way for them to put their toes in the water and see what interest they get! If I remember rightly, the Greenhouse has opened the odd evening for things like Valentines night etc - not been there recently though to see if they are still doing this..... Be great if we could all meet up at something like this! Debs

Quote dsr25 View Post
    When I lived in Lincolnshire we used to go to an old mill restaurant out near the cost (Boston I think) that used to do a regular veggy/vegan evening - which was a set menu but superb! I wonder if there is anywhere in Norwich that would entertain doing something similar? A great way for them to put their toes in the water and see what interest they get! If I remember rightly, the Greenhouse has opened the odd evening for things like Valentines night etc - not been there recently though to see if they are still doing this..... Be great if we could all meet up at something like this! Debs
    Ok I'm in Lincs now (in the Boston area), but I'm new here. You don't by any chance remember the name of this restaurant do you? I so don't get out much. Probably still won't but I can dream.

Quote dsr25 View Post
    Hi - Newly vegan here! Still finding my feet - did a month last year and chickened out (I have been dairy free for 10 years - so meat rather than dairy has been the hard bit!) but am now determined to stay on the straight and narrow

A shame I missed the vegan food fair - is there a website that I can link to to see when they are happening next?

Hi! I think it might have been mentioned already somewhere, but River Green cafe in Trowse do the occasional evening 'do' thingies. If you visit their website you can subscribe to email alerts about them. It is a little out of the way of the centre, but I think they've cottoned on to the vegan demand a little bit now and seem to have more vegan options on the specials board, though the main menu is still quite small. Not necessarily cheap, but the food you do get is filling and delicious.
    No sense being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.