Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vegan Norwich!

Default Re: Vegan Norwich!

Oh my... that crispy chilli beef is And there has been a wee group of us waiting for the cripsy spring rolls before, tubs at the ready! I overdose on all their stuff there. ALWAYS get a double tub (XL).

Again, the Green House is fabulous. Shop is brilliant for stocking up and the cakes are mmmmm. Unfortunately, I've found the beetroot and choc cake to be rather dry, and you get quite a lot of it! Maybe it's improved? I like getting my chilled carton of Provamel Banana when I have lunch It feels so decadent! Can't get those babies anywhere else when you're lunching!
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

hi all those about to rush to norwich.
    loving hut was closed yesterday for a refit, not sure of the date they expect to reopen but hope it will be soon.
    can any one confirm, i have had a quick look at the web site and cant see a mention of the refit.
    paul

Thats news to me Paul, fingers crossed its not too long. Why they need a refit who knows but its a good sign their making money and not going anywhere too soon.

They re-open this Thursday (3rd March). I'm looking forward to see the refurb! Must mean they are doing well!

thanks pusskins,
    thats lunch sorted for the 3rd assuming all goes to plan.
    paul

xaaronx

Does anyone know where you can get a vegan fry up in Norwich?

xaaronx

Does anyone know of a place in Norwich that does vegan fry ups?

Lush in Norwich are holding a fundraising night for Hillside animal sanctuary on Thursday March 10th - Coopers vegan foods will be donating a vegan chocolate cake to their raffle and vegan cupcakes for their nibbles table....pop in between 5pm and 8pm or buy a raffle ticket during the week. Hillside need our support at the moment with the rising cost of animal feed etc and hopefully Lush will raise lots of money for them.

Oh, way! That's great! Thanks for the heads-up, Veggiecat.

xaaronx - afraid I don't know of anywhere in Norwich that does a vegan fry-up That would be fantastic.

Theres a great place that cooks up a vegan fry-up 10 miles from Norwich, its called "my place" and I highly rate it

Ooooh! Details, please! Not heard of that place!

you know, I wish my place really was a vegan cafe..........so heres a question.....Do you think a vegan cafe would "do well" in Norwich? Im not sure but would love to start one.

Oh my - I'm SO dumb. I think I got way overexcited when you posted that (memories of vegan fry-ups in Brighton). I actually tried googling! I'm so slow.

But yes, I often have dreams of opening up a purely vegan shop in Norwich. I walk past the now-closed Shake Shed and think...

So you can provide the cafe section? LOL

You just made me lol! So funny

I dream of owning a cafe but its such a huge risk. Saying that people are interesed in saving money right now and veggies cost less than meat and dairy. If a cafe was serving up wholesome cheapish meals people would take notice im sure. Id call it Gaias Kitchen.

That's a good name. "Hey, fancy a pastry at Gaia's?" Perfect.

Now, just to win the lottery.

Popped into love hut yesterday but couldnt really see any difference in decor. The food was as good as ever though and had an extra large @ £4. I did feel a bit piggish while walking to the park as everyone passing stared at my overflowing carton of grub.

I know what you mean. There's a usually a 'gang' of us with overflowing cartons, hurriedly staggering around the outside of the Mall to hopefully get a bench table up top Maybe they've improved the kitchen, so there will never again be a shortage of crispy spring rolls!

hi,
    i had a bit of a chat the otherday whilst waiting for my burger and chips, and feeling guilty, but apperently they have done quite a bit of work in the kitchen.
    paul.

That's good news It's funny - we must have all been in there at the same point at one time or another!

Maybe a mini meet-up? I'd be up for it!

That's an idea! Maybe when the weather gets warmer?

Yeah, dry benches are so much better.

mini meet up, sounds like a great idea, if its somewhere warm why not take food to the pub just up the hill, i will check, i think they are fine with it as they dont do food.

That sounds good! The Marquee, I think it's called?

Last week I bought a pack of vegan "fish" from loving hut. Im not really into fake meat, fish etc but thought I'd give it a go as fish used to be part of my diet and I was intrigued. Well, tonight weve just had it fryed in beer batter and it really was ok. In fact im shocked at just how good it was. Granted it was dense compared to real fish but the taste was close and as a product in its own right id say give it a go.

leedsveg

Hi veganvoo

Never had a problem over the taste of fish, so given the chance, I would give any vegan version a try. Is it Loving Hut who actually makes that product, or is it a third party?

Leedsveg

Hi leedsveg, it was a frozen chinese product. I cant remember the name and the packets at the bottom of my bin so Ill pm you the details when i buy some more. I can remember it doesnt contain GMO or other nastys and cost £3.69. This was enough for two good portions.

Don't know if it might be a product that Veggie World in Bletchley sell? Another restaurant I frequent when visiting family Online shop here. Just out of interest. Probably isn't the same.

No, its not the veggieworld product but looks the same and I must try their prawns as that was the only thing I craved (real ones) when I went veggie.

Quote Veggiecat View Post
    Thank you! At the moment we have secured a stall at the castle mall Norwich on Good friday 22nd April for a trial, hopefully this could lead to something more permanent along with our stall at Creake Abbey Studios farmers market.
    Please feel free to come and chat if you spot us outside Boots near Peacocks in the mall!
    We have just been offered a stall in the Castle mall Norwich this Saturday 26th March, outside La Senza in a charity craft and food stall, we'll be there from 9am. Come and have a taste of our vegan cupcakes, layer cakes, croissonts, pasties and sos rolls etc!

Good call! We'll be there

I'm in the city today so save me a cupcake!

Yay! Found the stall. Unfortunately it had been moved due to another cupcake stall who were being precious, from what I was told.

SO we bought a slice of Cherry Coconut cake, a Lemon Cupcake, a Chocolate Cupcake, and a Vanilla Cupcake.

Aaaaaand... they are ABSOLUTELY delicious! Cracking cakes Hurrah for Norwich! Veggiecat, I will be ordering cupcakes from you for my birthday which is coming up in April.

Pics of the cakes to follow!

Pictures!

My other half indulging in a Lemon Cupcake:

and the rest of the cakes in the bag:

I never realised Norwich had such things! Hopefully, if we survive, I'll be back in 2013 for my "annual" Norwich adventures.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Quote pusskins View Post
    Pictures!

My other half indulging in a Lemon Cupcake:

and the rest of the cakes in the bag:

Thank you for posting the pictures and to everyone who supported us in the Castle Mall today. Due to another stall not being happy with us selling cakes (even though they had no vegan food whatsoever!) we ended up on our own in front of Mothercare, probably not the best place to be but we did sell out by 4pm and had some really good feedback. Good to see you all and have a chat. I'm glad you found us in the end, see you in the Castle Mall Good Friday!

My wife Becky and I also enjoyed your cakes and will be ordering for birthdays! We bought 1 sos roll, 2 cupcakes, 1 slice of chocolate cake and 1 of the cherry and coconut. We wish you all the best with your cake business and intend to support you this easter by consuming even more

Glad to hear you sold out, Veggiecat! And I am sorry if I came across as slightly mad - I just get so excited about vegan stuff being freely available!

Quote pusskins View Post
    Glad to hear you sold out, Veggiecat! And I am sorry if I came across as slightly mad - I just get so excited about vegan stuff being freely available!
    Not at all! It's great to talk to other vegans, we met quite a few on Saturday! Thank you to everyone for your kind comments. We look forward to talking to you all in the future!

Hi everyone, we are getting ready for our next stall in the Castle Mall Norwich on Good Friday 22nd April. I hope to have some new items I'm working on such as baked donuts, scheeze straws and if I can get the marshmallows some rocky road type bar!

I have been having problems with my website regarding emails being sent and newsletter subscriptions, if anyone would like to contact me try anne@coopersveganfoods.co.uk or annecooperbarrett@hotmail.com.
    Apologies if anyone has tried to contact me in the past month. Hope to see you all on the 22nd April!

Yep! We'll be there again! And you'd BETTER get those marshmallows I used to eat tons of rocky road bars.

I'll do my best! Although I will have to stop my husband from eating them all before we get there!

Ha ha! He'll be confronted with a very sad vegan who will cry if he does!

Hi everyone just a quick update -

Just dropped off a large Chocolate cake and cupcakes at Lush in Norwich for the Sea Shepherd event tomorrow 5-8pm.
    Our cakes will be at Hillside animal sanctuary cafe Sheringham from Saturday and we hope to supply them on a regular basis soon.

We will be in the Castle mall Norwich from 9am on Friday so if you are heading out in the good weather pop in for a treat to take with you!

Sorry Pusskins still no marshmallows, it seems the second supplier has let me down (or my postman has ate them all!), unless they turn up today!

See you Friday!

I'll still be there tomorrow! I reckon they did turn up but your husband ate them all and didn't tell you

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Ha ha...you could be right!
    I've still got doughnuts, cheeze straws, pasties, sos rolls and lots and lots of cake! So we won't go hungry!

Oof! Been so busy with so much else I forgot to update on this thread. Was great to see you again on Friday. Nearly missed you! You were well hidden Doughnuts were fab, and my stepdaughter had devoured the chocolate cupcake by the time we left the Mall!

Thank you for your support once again!....Glad you found us and enjoyed the doughnuts. Will keep you posted on our next venture soon!

So sorry I missed you on friday but I've been ill and spent friday and saturday in bed! I hope you sold out again and congrats supplying Hillside. We must have a chat some day as I have a few ideas up my sleave for a future veggie business and I'd like to run things past you both. im not sure if you remember me at your last stall but I arrived with my wife Becky and we chatted for a while. I also informed my friend David of your cakes and I believe he now has a regular order from you.

Thanks veganvoo, it was a bit quiet and we didn't sell out, I think it was the good weather and it being a bank holiday that didn't help! Yes I have first met Davids family at Hillside and he has just started ordering from me each week, something we would like to promote and offer to our other supporters in the future....we are getting ready to go on holiday Friday but when we get back we can have a chat, we'll look forward to it!