Thread: Australia's shame - sending animals to Libya

Unhappy Australia's shame - sending animals to Libya

Latest shame: Australia to send animals to Libya — is there any nation to which we won't export animals?!

For those of you who can't instantly visualize where Libya is on the world map, it shares a border with Egypt a region notorious for brutal treatment of animals. Rather than the Howard Government blacklisting Libya as a destination for Australian animals, it has presented irrefutable proof that it is a willing and enthusiastic partner in animal cruelty with Australia's live export industry.

The list of countries to which Australia exports live animals reads like a ‘who’s who’ of nations that have no regard for animal welfare. However, it seems the list was missing one – so now the Howard Government has added Libya to the list!

Please read more at http://animalsaustralia.the-kindness...OydCD&topic=23
    Eve

Default Re: Australia's shame

The awful thing is, I don't think anyone really cares that much. I'm so worried about the next election.

Default Re: Australia's shame

Why worry about the election? what difference is it going to make when Rudd has declared himself a fiscal conservative, and stated that he absolutely supports sending more young Aussies to Afghanistan! Don't know which State you live in, but there's the Labor Premier of Victoria who absolutely relishes having the only State that supports shooting ducks. I'm in Qld where the Premier is insisting on building a dam, and ousting the farmers and others who live in that neck of the wood - yet we are in drought and the present dams are running dry. They are all pretty much of a muchness.

Only yesterday I was listening to Radio National discussion between erudite scientists, who expressed that science is the way out of the climate change issue. He was in China, and said that the incredible aquaculture farms there will give us plenty of fish to eat! We all know the answer to that, but did any of these bright people mention how many tons of wild fish go to feed the fish in the breeding tanks (aquaculture)?

Maybe you don't care about the creatures being sent to Libya, but some do.
    Eve

Default Re: Australia's shame - sending animals to Libya

If there's one thing the elections here have taught me, all politicians are much of a muchness. Too busy looking after their own interests. I've seen footage of the treatment of sheep in the Middle East and transport from New Zealand and it's sickening.

Thanks for the link eve.