Thread: Wheat Intolerance?

Default Wheat Intolerance?

I'm not too sure if I'm allergic to wheat or not. After I eat (most) grains my tummy sticks out and I look "gassy." How can I truly tell if I'm allergic? Sometimes after I eat wheat I'll feel extremely full, yet I lose control and continue to eat. What may the problem be if I'm not allergic?

Default Re: Wheat Intolerance?

If I were you I'd go to the doctor's and get tested, it's the only way to know for sure. I eat very few grains - they're relatively low in nutrients compared to, say, leafy green veg. And they do cause bloating in many people.

I'm cutting wheat out of my diet as well. I don't have the same problem as you but for as long as I can remember I've woken up in the morning really sick to my stomach with lots of phelm problems. Back when I still drank milk I would actually get physically sick every morning. None of the doctors in my little poe dunk town could figure anything out so I just had to live with it.

After everything I had read about dairy, I was convinced that going vegan would completely fix my problem and it did help a lot but not completely. Now I've started to notice that the less wheat I eat, the better it is. I've been eating a lot these past few days and am feeling really sick this morning. So I'm going cold tofurkey and just cut out all wheat and gluten.

I've heard of others who have gluten intolerances describing the same symptoms you are Rosehips. So you may not actually be allergic but just highly intolerant. Good luck to you!!

These links/articles are very helpful and insightful---they have been for me at least (as I am wheat and gluten intolerant).

http://www.vegfamily.com/health/glut...vegan-diet.htm

http://www.vegfamily.com/health/glut...-info-tips.htm

http://www.vegsoc.org/info/gluten.html

i recently cut out wheat for about 2 and half weeks because i suspected issues (was having bad bloating and tightness after wheat meals) and my belly/digestion felt 10x better. i tested some tonight, just a slice of bread, and sure enough that old bloated feeling came back. so i think im off of wheat for good now. its so addicting and unnecessary anyway.

oh my gosh, i think i´m a bit intolerant as well... i´ve had crumpets and tortilla wraps the last days more than usual and today i´m kind of suffering. the whole day i´m totally run down, my tummy feels strange (bowel movements, "gassy"...)
    http://vegangothfairy.wordpress.com

I went and had allergy testing done. It was at a place that uses drug-free and non-invasive methods. I came up positive to: eggs, chicken, meat, protein, calcium, dairy, B-complex, Minerals, sugar, grains, corn, yeast, coffee, soy, glutamates, amines, salicylates, preservatives, pollens, grasses/weeds, plant phenolics, moulds, fungus, cockroaches, dogs and cats

Woh! Some of them I knew and all the food ones she said might be because I no longer eat them. ie eggs, dairy, chicken, meat.
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

That sounds like a rather long list! What is there left for you to eat?

What methods did they use?
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

Do you know what kind of test you had, kitteh? Some of them are not meant to be that reliable so I wouldn't necessarily panic about being supposedly allergic to all those things.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Allergies...lergytest.aspx

Oh no no, they didn't say to avoid eating anything and most of them I don't have reactions to. I knew I was allergic to things like mould and pollens, grasses etc from previous testing which was invasive (skin prick).

I don't think I have a reaction to corn and I do think I react to gluten/wheat. I do react to dogs at work and to a lesser extent cats but I don't react to my cats at home.

This is where I went on suggestion from my dentist who is treating me at the moment : http://www.aaeclinics.com.au/Default.aspx

Most of them sound normal to me, but b-vitamins? and minerals? Is that possible? What happens when you eat food with b-vitamins or minerals in them?
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

I take a B-Vit every day! Hahaha, so I don't think I really have a reaction to it at all and salicylates are in everything ie. fruit and veg which I eat a lot of. I will ask more Q's next week