Thread: chipped tooth

sugarmouse

Default chipped tooth

I have a tiny chip in one of my bottom front teeth, it is going to take me months to get to see a dentist and a few folk have told me you can buy kind of a file and fill kit from boots or large chemists. I have tried googling but canot find it does anyone have a clue about this or if its vegan friendly? Of course I know boots themselves are not vegan friendly but needs must this time , I dont want the chip to get worse. Has this happened to anyone else?

cobweb

Default Re: chipped tooth

yeah, all my front teeth are chipped - one from getting bottled at a 'wrecking' do (many years ago! ) and the others from drinking too much fruit juice, apparently - bits just fell off them . They do take a while to get any worse. I've had fillings on them but they just kept popping off so I just don't bother now .
    How did it happen, Sugarmouse?. Is it painful?.

sugarmouse

Hey thankies for the reply. I think this is just a 'wear and tear' injury, it does not hurt at all, just looks like a little bit of the corner has broken off..I know its not serious but I want it fixed lol.

I might research this kit at boots lol because all a dentist will do is file and stick a glob of tooth-colour substance to it. I am sure I can do that myself.

cobweb

He-he, i'm sure you can!. I think i have actually seen a kit like that - maybe on eBay .

did you know that in an emergency you can go to your local dental hospital to get emergency treatment if you cant get to see a dentist.

mind you how vegan it would be is another matter but my son has had his done in an emergency, even though we do have a family dentist now, as have some of his friends who dont have dentists. their treatmetn was free to becasue its done my the students under strict supervision.

nicola

I chipped Katherine's tooth at the vegan fayre knocking her arm that was holding a bottle that hit her tooth

I have a DenTek Toothache Kit that is surplus to requirements.

See the item here (inserting photo option doesn't seem to be available).

This kit was purchased a couple of months ago, expiry date 27-12-2008, after my hubby broke a tooth and the receptionist said there weren't any appointments. So, off I went to Boots and purchased the kit... and while I was out the dentist 'phoned my hubby and offered an emergency appointment later that day so the kit wasn't used. Unable to return the kit for a refund as the receipt went walkabout.

PM me if you'd like this kit and live in the UK - the kit will be on its way to you in a Jiffy Bag asap.

I chipped my tooth years ago. Had it "fixed" twice, but the "fixed" piece just fell off within a couple of days each time. So, now I just have a chipped tooth. It's not too noticeable when I smile because it's on a tooth in the bottom row, but it's easily seen when I'm talking. It's never gotten worse....if it were fractured, then I'd be worried...but a piece simply broke off.

Cobweb ... can I ask what a wrecking do is??

cobweb

Quote Aradia View Post
    Cobweb ... can I ask what a wrecking do is??

well when I was younger i was into 'Psychobilly' music - stuff like The Meteors, King Kurt, Guana Batz, etc, and we used to have these wreckin' nights where we, erm, wrecked - it's a type of dance where you go mental and throw your arms and legs about and barge into each other in a kind of 'fun-violence' kind of way .
    Actually I remember it being quite therapeutic.........might have to go and dig out some King Kurt

You crazy chick!

sugarmouse

lol @wrecking do any video evidence?
    Klutz that is all mine is like.. its hardlynoticable...Scruffyhead cannot even notice it at all he thinks I am making it up lol
    thankyou everyone for the replies
    JustMe I have P,M'd you xx

I have a chip on my front tooth. No one notices and I often forget it's there. I say if it's not hurting you, I wouldn't bother trying to file it down.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

This short-term ex boyfriend chipped my front tooth when he hit me in the mouth whilst wearing a ring.

I had the chip fixed last year (after having it chipped for 4 years) and the repair has seemed to have worked well.

Like what the others said, I think the dentist filed it back and then filled it with some tooth colour glob. They then dried it and hardened it with some kind of laser light thing.

I chipped my front tooth on a fork one time. I had the chip for a few months, then finally went to the dentist and got it filled in and you can't even tell it was ever chipped.
    If the consequences were just to have a chip, maybe I wouldn't have gotten it filled in, but my mom was telling me that the tooth might turn brown. I'm not sure why that is.
    I eat nutritional yeast by the spoonful.