Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations

Default Re: Vaccinations

Apparently newborn babies can get it when their umbilical cord is cut if the knife isn't properly sterilised or if dirt gets in the stump, and also injecting drug addicts from dirty needles or not cleaning their skin first.

I must admit I didn't know all this before today. But it still comes down to hygiene.
    once in a while you can get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right

It seems members here would rather stick (pardon the pun) with conventional wisdom or lack thereof and have cow pus and pathogens injected in their bodies than consider the alternatives. Whatever. I tried.

The vaccine police will have to hold a gun to my head before I'll get one myself again.

I guess I was wrong thinking that vegans are by nature progressive and open-minded, or maybe I'm just being ignored in the hopes I 'll take my radical ideas elsewhere.
    "Even if I am a minority of one, truth is still the truth."

Gandhi

Quote Dome
    It seems members here would rather stick (pardon the pun) with conventional wisdom or lack thereof and have cow pus and pathogens injected in their bodies than consider the alternatives. Whatever. I tried.

The vaccine police will have to hold a gun to my head before I'll get one myself again.

I guess I was wrong thinking that vegans are by nature progressive and open-minded, or maybe I'm just being ignored in the hopes I 'll take my radical ideas elsewhere.

Dome, both stormypagan and I have said we haven't had our kids vaccinated.

This is a very difficult issue for anyone with children, there's so much pressure brought to bear to conform and the fear that you could be putting your children's health at risk. I think it's a matter of personal choice, people have to do what they feel comfortable with, based on their knowledge of the subject. I do agree that the information made widely available is very much one-sided, though, and it's definitely worth researching the subject as much as possible before making a decision.

tails4wagging

A few years ago, a dog bit my nose, I did not hesitate to get a tetanus jab and antibiotics.

Hi Kokopelli and all :0)

Sorry been on my travels the last few weeks so havent been on to see the replies!!

I agree with the decision that vaccinating your children is a personal choice and it is a hard one to make in light of the authorities and the way they can make you have a guilt complex BUT I was determined and still am not to have my children vaccinated as the cons in my eyes far out way the pros, among other things.

Kokopelli all I know is that Horses are the main carriers and hence rose thorns due to the traddition of horse manue on roses. But yes it stays in the ground too. Thanks for the linked articles they were very informative.

Homeopathy is a good alternative although I haven't used them for my children as yet in relation to childhood disease etc.. Though I have used them. And I would use them for the whole family if the need arises.

Firstly, I am not a HOMEOPATH sadly but having looked it up in my Family guide to homeopathy book it advises that ...

Specific remedies to be taken every hour for up to 10 doses during a tetanus attack...
    At first signs of muscle spasms Aconite 30c
    Herad thrown back, muscles of the jaw and throat in spasm and jerking Cicuta 6c
    Tetanus following a puncture wound or injury to a nerve, site of injury still very tender Hypericum 30c
    Where jaw is locked Oenanthe 6c

Always clean wounds well with Hypericum and Calendula solution (5 drops of mother tincture of each in half pint of boiled cooled water)

Anyway, as I said this is from a book but if it can help thats cool!! But my advise is to see a professional homeopath anyway :0)

Love and light
    Xxxx Stormy xxxX

Do you know whether there's a homeopathic preventative for tetanus, like a vaccine? Is there such a thing as a vaccine in homeopathy?

Anyway, cannabis has a very long history of use as a muscle relaxant and anti-convulsant in tetanus. It was used in this way by Victorian physicians. Also it's a very powerful neuroprotective agent.

Hopefully all these remedies won't be needed.

Probably best to avoid tetanus-inducing situations as far as possible and thoroughly clean all wounds.

Quote cedarblue
    i had my daughter immunised with all the 'recommended' jabs at the appropriate ages.....at the time i was not vegan and did not really understand the full implications of what being immunised, not having the jabs, their content etc, meant. also i must say that health visitors and doctors can use very immotive language and this can be very confusing and make you feel bad when you have babies/small children to consider.

would i still have had her immunised now, having more info??
    to be honest i really dont know, i would have to take my husbands point of view into account as well and, as he isnt vegan, may be different to mine.

this can be a tricky situ for some folk

- also my husband has yearly flu jabs as he has asthma (as does daughter) and was very ill about 10yrs ago with bronchitis following a chest infection from a bout of flu - its his health so his decision, but i would not like to see him ill like that again. i encourage him to take vit c and echinacea over the winter too.

well a year later and now i think i would still have had my daughter vaccinated - for me and the information i have considered, the potential risks from some of these diseases out weigh the risks from the vaccination.

I decided not to have my kids done with MMR (although Tom had his Dip-Tet and Polio)...very glad now Aly has turned out to have an extremely rare karyotype (read, unique as far as we know) and multiple allergies - God only knows what it might have done to her, and it's not like they do chromosomal testing before they jab needles into the little bairns...

Hi :0)

At the end of the day it is a personal choice but there are risks on both sides. My belief in animal rights and good health has made me not want to immunise myself, my children or my animals. I had very few vaccinations as a child as my own mother, although not animal rights/vegan didn't have much trust in them and consequently I didnt have all of them. I know I have a life time immunity to german measles and a few other illnesses now.

I believe we actually keep the diseases alive by vaccinating, for example polio is a live vaccine and is flushed in to our water systems through babies nappies ... who knows when an epidemic will happen. The health authoriteis say we have wiped out certain diseases due to vaccines but the truth is they tend to change the names of the disease, I believe they would have died out naturally by now, if more people had natural immunity for life!!

We also don't know the long term effects of vaccines on the body like allergies such as asthma etc... I have a mild asthma and maybe I did develop it through the few vaccines I did have, who knows???

Furthermore, some vaccines are cultured on the bellies of calves which alone is the abuse of animals but we also have risk from BSE etc.. from the blood of possibly infected animals used.

As children we are more likely to sail through childhood diseases if we are healthy, emotionally and physically, and vaccinations only really cover us in childhood. As adults we are not covered as such. Catching an illness will give us a life time immunity a vaccination wont. I didn't get chicken pox as a child although many do like my son. He is now immune for life, and now I am as I did catch it in my twenties. And have to say it was really bad having it as an adult compared to my son who seemed to sail through it. But now they are trying to introduce a vaccine for chickenpox yet again to line the pockets of the pharmacutical companies and the capitalist system that doesn't want to lose work days due to illness

Anyway, as I said we still have freedom of choice but I would rather go the alternative route and seek natural immunisation for life, or homeopathy if needed.

Love and light
    Xxxx Stormy xxxX

I don't ever get vaccinated against the flu, because I don't think I need to. I'm not sure weather flu shots are vegan or not - but the thought of being injected with a virus, scares me.

Here is an article which says that 2 new studies claim the flu vaccine is less effective than previously thought.

Should you get a flu shot?

News flash: the doctor involved in the MMR/autism scare is now being held to account for his dubious research and conflict of interest. He patented a single vaccine.

Take up is still recovering and measels is running high. Fine for the folks who are looking out for their healthy children. How about the immune suppressed? How about the premies?

Well, there is always homeopathy -for those that respond well to placebos.
    Vets don't do homeopathy for that reason.
    the only animal ingredient in my food is cat hair

FWIW, pat, our vets' practice does offer homeopathy, alongside conventional treatments.

I'm not at all convinced by it myself but as they are good vets otherwise I obediently accept the homeopathic pills they dish out, but don't worry too much if the cats won't take them in the prescribed manner

BlackCats

Homeopathy took away my hayfever!!!!
    I will keep repeating this until someone takes me seriously!!! (Sorry I probably have repeated this in a million threads)

Honestly homeopathy really worked for me. I know it has been "scientifically proven" to be totally lame and bogus but it really helped me I was sneezing, coughing, eyes streaming and couldn't breathe some nights for about 8 YEARS until I took these homeopathic tablets from Holland and Barretts.

Whenever I meet my friend she is amazed that I am fine in summer now - I used to be so miserable.

Re: vaccinations I caught mumps a few years ago when I had it when I was younger and my GP told me it was impossible to have it twice! I said to him that I had it when I was younger and he just shrugged his shoulders.
    He said to me it was impossible to have mumps twice in your life.

Quote Aphrodite View Post
    Re: vaccinations I caught mumps a few years ago when I had it when I was younger and my GP told me it was impossible to have it twice! I said to him that I had it when I was younger and he just shrugged his shoulders.
    He said to me it was impossible to have mumps twice in your life.
    It's never impossible to get anything twice. It's not probable that you'd get mumps again, but it is possible, as with any virus, for it to resurface from it's dormant state within the body.

Your GP is should probably look for a new profession.

i was always told that if you only had swelling on one side of your throat when you had mumps, you could get it again. not sure how true that is though. it can be quite serious in adults.

personally i've had all the usual vaccines and i suppose i will have a tetanus booster when i need it (which will be in a few months i think!). hopefully i won't need any others in the future.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

what about travel? ie, areas where it's compulsory to have had a yellow fever vaccine. I am SO confused about what to do, I wanted to do some charity work, but have realised that for the area I'm going to I would definitely need a vaccine, just to actually enter the country. Now I feel put off the whole trip, just because I've read up on vaccines and they are definitely not animal-friendly. I'm really bad at making up my mind - help!

Hi guys,
    There are some great posts on this thread!
    I'm leaning towards not vaccinating my children because of all the risk recently associated with vaccines and autism. I'm not completely decided though. The whooping cough stories are pretty scary! Some of my friends who have children have decided to partially vaccinate their children, avoiding the MMR vaccine cocktail and only administering vaccines as their children reach school age.

see #61 above. No link with autism, period. There are problems with vaccinations and not everyone should be vaccinated and that is why my fit and healthy 5 yr old and my man and I have all our jabs= to protect those that aren't. Grandmother has now passed away so it isn't quite so personal now.

As for Homeopathy, Aphrodite, some remedies work (aspirin) but not at those homeopathic-sugarpill-levels IMO. Given that our lifestyle and environment is always in flux, could it have been a coincidence?
    But if it works for you, I am glad to hear it.

BlackCats

Sorry pat sommer I didn't notice your post.

I don't think it was a coincidence, I suppose there is a chance it could be but it seems unlikely to me? - I tried lots of hayfever remedies from Boots etc before I tried the homeopathic one which didn't even suppress any of my hayfever symptoms.
    I suppose my symptoms could have just magically disappeared for other reasons but I tend to think it was the homeopathic tablets as I wasn't using anything else or doing anything different.

Anyway the important thing is my hayfever has gone permanently (hopefully) - huzzah
    Last edited by BlackCats; Aug 14th, 2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added huzzah!

Yes, big congrats on your cure!

If a few sneezy seasons pass you by (so many different pollens) then you must be free and clear.

I suppose that I distinguish homeopathic preparations, such as aspirin or arnica from those sugar pills which chemically do not contain the named ingredient.
    I was once told to increase my vitamin C after a homeopathic check (1 second arm strength test) and that probably helped my knee-injury recovery but those sugar pills never did anything for me for years. Now I turn them down from my dispensing friends in favor of other remedies.

I won't hesitate to give it another go if someone points out a remedy for acne rosacae; ain't peri-menopause full of surprises?

sizeT

Quote assilembob View Post
    Here, they can not be in school period without vaccinations. I am very against this, but as a teacher...I have to "support" and make sure I am keeping the kids without them out of school at all costs. We had a huge staff meeting this morning about it.
    ~Mel
    every school has a special "waiver" vaccines are linked to autism and have mercury in them which destroys the brain.. vaccines also have animal in them. stay away from vaccines there here to destroy our well being..

Vaccines are not linked to Autism. No one who has seriously examined the hundreds of studies can show any association. But good money is being made at the expense of those who fear the vaccines.

sizeT

Thumbs up Re: Vaccinations

vaccines are deadly and are linked to autism
    EDUCATE yourselves ( do your own research ) you will be suprised what you will find out!

Many of the vaccines contain a preservative called thiomersal, which is 49.6% mercury - a substance known to have neurotoxic effects, especially in infants whose brains are still developing.

people dont want you to beleive the link because they want you to get vaccinated. my friend recently had a baby and she was a great baby, never cried was just sweetest baby. and after her vaccine shot she was totally the opposite..
    cried all the time, acted alot different. her mother commented on how her baby has changed but failed to recognize that it was because she recently had a vaccine shot.. I never said nothing. people are that dumbed down..

dont give your children vaccines if you care about them..
    its not very hard to do research on this subject and find out the link between autism..
    mind you not all children will get autism, but do you want to take that chance?

Keep your immune systems strong with organic
    living foods, green superfoods, lots of vitamin C, exercise that you enjoy, lots of
    sunshine and sleep, and positive, upbeat thoughts. Don't let some uncaring doctor
    fill you or your loved ones with these
    chemical horrors.

What is in a Vaccine?
    Phenol (carbolic acid): A deadly poison; a common disinfectant and dye.
    Formaldehyde: A known cancer-causing agent commonly used to embalm corpses.

Thimerosal (a mercury derivative) A toxic heavy metal that is not easily eliminated from the body; used as a preservative in vaccines. Can result in brain injury and autoimmune disease. In one study, Thimerosal was shown to be 4 to 6 times more toxic for human cells than for the staphylococci germs.
    Alum A preservative.
    Aluminum phosphate Toxic.

Aluminum & oil adjuvants Cancer-producing in laboratory mice; also associated with Alzheimer’s disease and seizures. Research findings strongly suggest that aluminum is neurotoxic. The main side effects of oil adjuvants have been hypersensitivity reactions, cysts and adjuvant arthritis.
    Acetone A solvent used in fingernail polish remover.

Glycerin A tri-atomic alcohol extracted from natural fats which are putrefied and decomposed. Some toxic effects of glycerin are kidney, liver, lung damage, diuresis, pronounced local tissue damage, gastrointestinal damage and death.
    Ethylene glycol Antifreeze.
    Neomycin & Streptomycin Antibiotics; have caused allergic reactions.

Vaccine Fillers and Ingredients
    In addition to the viral and bacterial RNA or DNA that is part of the vaccines, vaccine fillers and ingredients include:
    aluminum hydroxide
    aluminum phosphate
    ammonium sulfate
    amphotericin B
    animal tissues: pig blood, horse blood, rabbit brain,
    dog kidney, monkey kidney,
    chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg
    calf (bovine) serum
    betapropiolactone
    fetal bovine serum
    formaldehyde
    formalin
    gelatin
    glycerol
    human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue)
    hydrolized gelatin
    monosodium glutamate (MSG)
    neomycin
    neomycin sulfate
    phenol red indicator
    phenoxyethanol (antifreeze)
    potassium diphosphate
    potassium monophosphate
    polymyxin B
    polysorbate 20
    polysorbate 80
    porcine (pig) pancreatic hydrolysate of casein
    residual MRC5 proteins
    sorbitol
    sucrose
    thimerosal (mercury)
    tri(n)butylphosphate
    VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey kidney cells
    washed sheep red blood cells
    The above information was compiled from the following two publications:
    What About Immunizations? Exposing the Vaccine Philosophy, by Cynthia Cournoyer. Nelson's Books. Santa Cruz CA 1995.
    The Health Studio Newsletter (Volume 1, Oct. 1997) Vaccine Fillers and Ingredients

now does that look good to you?
    take your life back educate yourselves....

thx
    Last edited by sizeT; Aug 19th, 2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: will they take this post down for exposing the truth?

Supposing that vaccines are harmful, then it could be posed that it is even more unethical not to be vaccinated.

Simply put, if vaccines are risky and you are not vaccinated, then you are getting a free ride from all the other people who got the vaccine and ran the risk, while you are also serving as a possible vector for future infection.

If it were not for vaccines, we would almost all be grieving for those lost to common diseases and many of us would be dead.

That being said, the danger of vaccines is a valid concern and they really should be manufactured ethically and as safe as possible.

sizeT

Quote John View Post
    Supposing that vaccines are harmful, then it could be posed that it is even more unethical not to be vaccinated.

Simply put, if vaccines are risky and you are not vaccinated, then you are getting a free ride from all the other people who got the vaccine and ran the risk, while you are also serving as a possible vector for future infection.
    suppose vaccines are harmful? LOL did you look at the ingredients list?

i suppose you did by this reply: That being said, the danger of vaccines is a valid concern and they really should be manufactured ethically and as safe as possible.

Unethical to not get vaccinated? That's absurd. Vaccines are risky and they make people sick.. Look at the ingredients and tell me do you want that in your body? Your telling me that stuff is GOOD for you?

People ran the risk of vaccinating themselves because there parents were
    Not educated enough in vaccines.. Simply put. Watch what happens to a baby after it gets its shots! Its shocking

"There is no convincing scientific evidence that mass inoculations can be credited with eliminating any childhood disease."

there isn't any convincing evidence through the statistics that vaccination reduced the death rate for any disease such as measles. So, where is the benefit? Measles deaths had declined by 99.4% before vaccination!

Within a few years of the polio vaccine we started seeing some strange phenomena like the year before the first 300,000 doses were given in the United States childhood leukaemia had never struck in children under the age of two. One year after the first onslaught they had the first cases of children under the age of two that died of leukaemia........

Now 1 in 100 children have autism, 1 in 5 asthma, 1 in 10 dyslexia....... and the number one suspect is vaccination. The Government/Vaccine Industry is going to carry on vaccinating, covering up, and claiming vaccines are safe, until every other child has a vaccine induced disease, so only parent awareness is going to stop that.

There is no way even one of these highly toxic substances is going to be injected into my children. One estimate put mercury as 5,000 times the toxicity of lead, and neomycin (found in MMR) is one of the most toxic antibiotics every made.

Autism started just after mass mercury containing DPT vaccination, and no, I don't believe for a nanosecond it has appeared due to better diagnosis.

Mercury poisoning symptoms almost mimic autism symptoms. Now we have 500,000 people with autistic spectrum disorders in the UK.

"Vaccination programs were instituted in the late 1930s, and the first handful of autistic babies were noted in the early 1940s. When vaccination programs were expanded after the war, the number of autistic children increased greatly."

Numerous organisms (Acanthamoeba, Mycoplasma, Simian cytomegalovirus, stealth virus) can be in the vaccines and not much effort if going on to find them, for obvious reasons. SV40 cancer causing virus is now being found in tumours, and is still in polio vaccines:

"Stanley Kops....has produced proof positive that the oral polio vaccine has always been contaminated with SV-40, a monkey virus which has been linked by the FDA and other organisations with cancers such as mesothelioma and meduloblastoma. Since 1963, we have been assured that polio vaccines have not contained this deadly contaminant. Stanley Kops shows that not only is this not the case, but that the vaccine regulators who are charged with keeping our families safe, have known all along that SV-40 was never removed from vaccines."
    Meryl W. Dorey

free ride? That's assuming I would get sick no matter what!
    And if you got shots and I did get sick you would have nothing to worry about!
    but your just assuming that what God made me, my ammune system is not good enough?
    and i need to rely on mans cure!

are your saying since you got shots its my responsibility to do the same?

My family has never been vaccinated and we have never gotten a cold or the flu in our entire life.. Or anything. people not being vaccinated should have no effect on the people that have..

Hey, you may be right for all I know. I'm no expert.

To me it's just about finding the method where the least people--and animals hopefully--suffer, even if both routes are deadly.

Also, we must remember that correlation does not imply causation.

We are delaying vaccination as late as possible, and giving only vaccines that don't have thimerasol, and even then, giving only the ones nessesary and avoiding all others (vaccinating for whooping cough but not for varicella). We also don't "bunddle" up on vaccines, so that if there are any ill effects, they can really be traced and mitigated.

So far, our "extra cautious" approach has worked. We also do request vaccines that don't have egg products in them.
    context is everything

sizeT

thats a huge step!
    what about vaccines without all the fillers?

Quote sizeT View Post
    "Unethical to not get vaccinated? That's absurd."

Perhaps not. But that's your opinion, and you have the right to it. Ethics is a moral argument about what's 'right' and 'wrong', 'good' and 'bad'. Being vaccinated against a particular disease reduces its prevalence in the community - i.e. you can help protect those who are immunosuppressed by being vaccinated yourself (e.g. immunologically vulnerable people like people with AIDS, very young babies who are yet to be vaccinated, older people, people with cancer).

"Vaccines are risky and they make people sick. Look at the ingredients and tell me do you want that in your body? Your telling me that stuff is GOOD for you?"

Lots of things in life are risky. You've got to weigh up the risk for yourself and make the best decision that you can. I'm all for minimising risk (and this minimising possible harm), but I believe it is close to impossible to remove all risk from all activities in life, including healthcare and preventive medicine.

"There isn't any convincing evidence through the statistics that vaccination reduced the death rate for any disease such as measles."

Polio.

"People not being vaccinated should have no effect on the people that have."
    Perhaps. But it does affect those who are unable to be vaccinated such as the immunosuppressed.
    I love that people are really trying to engage their minds about this.
    If I didn't say it, don't assume it.

sizeT

Quote akaredarcher View Post
    Being vaccinated against a particular disease reduces its prevalence in the community - i.e. you can help protect those who are unsuppressed by being vaccinated yourself (e.g. immunologically vulnerable people like people with AIDS, very young babies who are yet to be vaccinated, older people, people with cancer).
    it's not just my opinion! its millions of peoples opinions who have researched this themselves!
    it's people that are not mind slaves. people that are not dumbed down by the controlled media outlets that tell you how to think or feel.. it's people that think and research themselves. its people that demand truth in all things. its people that know that who do the studies are the ones who benefit from the studies themselves.

I have never been vaccinated or my family and we have never had a cold or flu or anything. so me not being vaccinated is helping spread diseases in the community then? thats ludicrous

thats also assuming I would catch something and that i would pass that something to someone? theres alot of assuming going on around here!

even if people with weak immune systems can Keep your immune systems strong with organic living foods, green super foods, lots of vitamin C, exercise that you enjoy, lots of sunshine and sleep, and positive, upbeat thoughts.

Don't let some uncaring doctor
    chemical horrors

I am SHOCKED at the VEGANS on this board that are endorsing a NON VEGAN PRODUCT!
    I wish vegans cared about there health as much as animals

I found at the CDC’s website devoted to the influenza vaccine, a recommendation for the vaccine in the second trimester of pregnancy. Click This link below will take you to the CDC's actual recommendations. When you have time go read it. It is 63 pages!

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/rr/rr5004.pdf This vaccine contains 25 micro grams of ethyl Mercury in one dose. The CDC has studied 2000 pregnant women and no adverse fetal effects were found. They state additional studies are ongoing as data is limited with regard to the effects of low dose or intermittent exposures.
    They also explain federal guidelines were not designed for intermittent or bolus exposures. The CDC believes that the average 110-pound woman is allowed to have 5 micro grams per day without adverse reactions. If she were to get a flu shot and have a tuna fish sandwich for lunch she would have just received 42 micro grams of Mercury, eight times the safe level.
    The package inserts published by the flu vaccine manufacturers state that "Animal reproduction studies have not been conducted with influenza virus vaccine.” It is also not known whether influenza virus vaccine can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman. If you look at the MSDS for Thimerosal, it says, "Exposure to mercury in utero and in children can cause mild to severe mental retardation and mild to severe motor coordination impairment." Eli Lilly MSDS June 13, 1991.

Quote sizeT View Post
    I am SHOCKED at the VEGANS on this board that are endorsing a NON VEGAN PRODUCT!
    Yes its surprised me too. This is a health issue as well as an AR issue. Both my children were vaccinated as babies then I read some information similar to what sizeT is saying and since then I won't allow my children to be vaccinated. I remember when the meningitis vaccine came out and mothers just allow doctors to inject their kids with god knows what which is unbelievable but also there is the fact that no one knows what the long term side effects of a new vaccine may be. Thank God I had the knowledge by that time to not allow my kids to have the meningitis vaccine. If I was to have more children they would not be vaccinated at all.
    The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well

Thanks for the link, sizeT! As I stated earlier on this thread, I am leaning towards not vaccinating my children when the time comes. Does anyone have any other good books or resources that explain the risks associated with vaccines?
    Angelamc

Quote sizeT View Post
    Better a little bit of non-vegan vaccine than the loads of non-vegan resources that are needed for treatment and cures for sick people.

Vaccines often carry a risk. That is a fact. But vaccines causing autism is farfetched. It's natural for some parents facing the tough road of having an autistic child to be reeling and looking for a reason other than defective genes, but you have to look at these things rationally.

I've been vaccinated and I'm fine. So has almost everyone in the industrialized world. A healthy human being--even an infant--is resilient. We ingest toxins--natural and artificial--constantly. Please just weigh the facts and risks logically.

John, you are so sensible.

I would like to hear from some of the my-kids-are-healthy posters; how do they feel about those individuals that must avoid vaccination and who may not survive a serious illness?

Anyone up for a discussion there?

I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm jumping in anyhow.

My kids are getting vaccinated on a very late schedule, and we are opting out of a few vaccines (like Chicken pox).

I'm certainly fine with people who vaccinate (if they honestly consider the facts), as that is a risk, and those who don't (if they honestly consider the facts), as that's a risk too.

I think that herd immunity is great... unless you happen to be one of the ones who suffers ill effects from vaccines. For that reason, I think that MORE precaution should be taken with vaccines, although I think that vacines in general are a good idea.

Frankly, I would be much happier if those vaccines weren't produced solely for profit, as that makes me trust the balances for public safety and welfare a bit less trustworthy. I would also be much happier if vaccines were full of animal ingredients and toxic chemicals.

For that reason, we only vaccinate when it is clearly a better option, personally, such as for the whooping cough, but not for the flu or for chicken pox, even those those illnesses affect others more than the children.

I think that more caution is warranted than the dominant health community allows for.
    context is everything

If you send your children to a public school, and in many US states private schools as well, they are required by law to be vaccinated.

How would one get around this?

There are forms you can fill for exceptions. There are religious and other reasons for kids not be vaccinated, and public schools have to allow for kids from those homes to avoid vaccines, so there are papers that you can file. It just takes gumption and some perserverance.

It can be done!
    context is everything

i had many vaccinations as a kid and really believe that alot of my ailments now are due to that. they are so very damaging esp when given early. ie, i had TB jab at age 6. Imagine the damage done when we inject the vibration of a disease into a body. Its madness.

Just by searching the web much info is available on how epidemics of disease have been more effectively controlled by other methods.... like most things that involve allopathic medicine and big business it is massive misinformation that we need vaccines. It thrives on instilling fear into parents. Look at some of the work by prominent nutrition therapists or homeopaths that clearly state diseases like mumps are supposed to happen. Childhood illness is there for a very good reason.... what about the evidence that having mumps as a kid can protect us from developing breast cancer.

The promotion of vaccination by doctors and governments esp those where there is no real risk of major disease amounts to nothng more than child abuse. If i was told my child could not attend play group or school being unvaccinated, then i would teach them at home.

I live in india for ten years, although i am english and i refuse to have any vaccinations.

anula,
    Do you have any recommendations for websites or books on the dangers of vaccines?
    Angela

http://www.vaccinationdebate.com/ is a good place to start.

Vaccines contain not only poisonous chemicals but also foreign proteins such as chick embryo, calf serum, rabbit brain tissue and monkey kidney cells.
    I recently had to have a Hepatitis A vaccination for my new job. After researching the types of vaccinations available in Canada, I was able to receive one made with vegan ingredients. However, one of the vaccinations contained bovine albumen. Ick! I gave the nurse strict instructions that I was not to have that vaccine.

Thanks for the link!

My kids are vaccinated, i had words with the doctor about my concerns but to be honest i wasnt going to risk my kids being seriously ill.
    I was offered the flu vaccine but refused it, it is easy for me to make decisions on my own heath but im not willing to risk my kids.

it depends on what you think is a risk to your kids. if you belive what the multi billion dollar drugs companies and doctors (who only know of allopathy, which is an incredibly new and largely untested medicine system tell you, ) then yes, not vaccinating your kids is a risk.

or you do your own research away from the profit riddled world of doctors and allopathy and see that from a holistic point vaccination is far more of a risk than the illness it claims to protect against, which may never happen anyway. Check out some of the work by Barbara Wren and some homoepathic studies done on vaccine and you may arrive at the understanding that nature provides illness as a way for the body to produce its own antibodies and protection as adults!!!!as i said in a previous comment, what if getting mumps as a kid protects us from breast cancer as an adult? what if the TB vaccine really does give us a dangerous pre-disposition to eating disorders?

Well i like to think i do the best for my children, not really concerned what anyone thinks is right.
    Maybe my kids would have never got some terrible life threatening illness we are scared into thinking they will get, but i would never forgive myself if they did and i hadn't done all i could to protect them.
    I had many debates with my doctor so please dont think i went into it with my eyes closed and my mind corrupted.

Both my parents were born in 1895! My father was the eldest of 12 siblings all of whom were born at home in relative primitive surroundings with a midwife in attendance. None of the children had vaccinations of any sort as it wasn't standard to vaccinate children in those days. I don't remember my parents every being ill with flu or any other common disease throughout their lives. Likewise I don't remember ever visiting a sick aunt or uncle in hospital. All those mentioned died of old age in their eighties and my mother's only sibling died aged 96 never having been ill for a single day!

I am in my mid 70s and was never vaccinated as a child (MMR was not around in those days) nor was my older brother. We have remained healthy like my parents and grandparents. Since becoming a pensioner I have never had the flu jab that every autumn the Government reminds people of my vintage to have. In all these years I have never had flu, yet I've known of people who had the jab and still got flu and in one case died.

Vaccinations are a marketing ploy by the pharmaceutical industry in connivance with the goverment to maximise their bulging profits. As vegans we should not be overly concerned about vaccinations as our diet should give strength to our natural immune system to protect us against viral infections. If necessary, we should boost our diet with multi-vitamins and herbal supplements during the winter months.
    I would like to remind you that pharmaceutical drugs are the biggest killer after cancer and heart disease! so don't fall for the advertising hype put about by the industry or the government.

Quote sizeT View Post
    vaccines are deadly and are linked to autism
    EDUCATE yourselves ( do your own research ) you will be suprised what you will find out!

dont give your children vaccines if you care about them..
    its not very hard to do research on this subject and find out the link between autism..
    mind you not all children will get autism, but do you want to take that chance?

Keep your immune systems strong with organic
    living foods, green superfoods, lots of vitamin C, exercise that you enjoy, lots of
    sunshine and sleep, and positive, upbeat thoughts. Don't let some uncaring doctor
    chemical horrors.

i agree
    a good link: http://www.whale.to/vaccines.html

cobweb

i'm 50/50 on vaccines but i don't believe there is a proven link with autism.

I think choosing to vax or not vax is a very personal decision, but I think it's important to be sure you make an *educated* decision. You could start here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=47 You will find pro and anti-vax discussions and lots of resources.

Basically, I think one thing that seems to be lacking in this discussion is the consideration, not only of the safety of vaccines but their effectiveness as well, which is also quite controversial. Boiling it down to simply a possible risk of Autism is oversimplifying the issue. There are many other possible risks, including possible correlations with SIDS and autoimmune disorders (to list only a few) that should be weighed against possible risks of not vaccinating. Now, if these possible risk factors carried with them clear-cut, non-questioned benefits (ie. true immunity from a disease that would otherwise be deadly), then those risk factors may be worth it, and the non-vegan ingredients may also be worth it. However, the effectiveness of vaccinations is also a matter of debate. And in the end, it's a very mixed bag, so vaccination decisions are tantamount to a parental judgement call, and we should not condemn each other for what is ultimately decided. I have friends who vax and friends who don't and I think they are all responsible parents doing what they feel is the best for their children.

After considering each vaccine on its own merit, and weighing the risks and benefits of each individual vaccine, I completely stopped vaccinating my elder daughter at 9 months and my younger daughter has never been vaxed. I will re-investigate the chicken pox vax if they do not catch the disease naturally.

And just to make this point *very* clear: my daughter goes to a public school in the US!!! If school admission is your only reservation, provided you don't live in West Virginia or Alabama, DON'T let scaremongers lead you to believe you *must* have your child vaccinated for them to go to public school. This is an outright lie, and it very much upsets me that such misconceptions are spread by the establishment. EVERY state except the two mentioned has a religious and/or philosophical exemption to their laws. I should hope that regardless of our personal decisions, we could all agree that medical practices such as vaccinations should be carried out by informed consent, since this is a major pillar of medical ethics.

Quote cobweb View Post
    i'm 50/50 on vaccines but i don't believe there is a proven link with autism.