Thread: Feedback required for website

Default Feedback required for website

I've been planning to add a 'why vegan?' page to my website for the last 6 years and I've finally done it. I'd be grateful for any feedback. Do you think I've got the right 'tone'? I've tried to make it simple and objective.

I've also added some new recipes, a 'favourite UK products' page and a guestbook.

www.parsleysoup.co.uk

Good sperm

Default Re: Feedback required for website

I can tell you're a teacher from the way you present information

I would say your links page could do with having a line space between each entry to separate the extensive list and make it easier to navigate.

Also I might be wrong on this but

Quote parsleysoup
    Farming animals uses more fossil fuels, and methane and sewerage are produced in large quantities, polluting the land, water and air.
    Should that be sewage rather than sewerage?

Yep Ta. Although it says in that wiki article that it's human waste... what do you call animal waste? Faeces sounds a bit more graphic that I wanted. I guess I'll put 'waste'.

And yes, I see what you mean about the links, although with a space the page would be enormous and would take ages to scroll down. I'll have a think.

effluent? do they have a specific type of watse..like in that we're not animals too..

may i suggest if possible you could put links to places where you can get the stuff you've labelled as youre fave vegan products?
    bio-d for example..i'll be wanting to get some of this..someone comes across your site and sees bio-d, thinks "ooh!" ta dah, instant link to where on the net it can be ordered from.
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

I've improved the links page I moved the break and added a space.

Quote EP
    do they have a specific type of watse..like in that we're not animals too..
    Well exactly. I wasn't really thinking of sewage as being defined by the pipes it travels in and therefore being from humans, more what it actually is!

That's a good idea about where to get things from online.

Fantastic website

On the recipe page, I didn't associate the bottom 2 pictures with the 'kids' link in the middle though, maybe better to put just the hedgehog pic in the middle with the kids link under?

I would add honey to the what's a vegan bit aswell, but you may have a reason for not including that.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Vegan Traveler

Cherry, I am really enjoying your website!
    - The Duck
    Let's do something about it!

cobweb

i always enjoy your site, Cherry, and appreciate the work you do

i love your recipes and always direct others who are interested in making something vegan to your site to get ideas that are delicious and relatively simple. Thanks

Hey, I just found your site this morning through another website, before I'd noticed this topic, and I though there was a very good, short explanation on the "vegan?" page. I didn't know the maker of the site was on these forums
    It's also great that there are pictures with most of the recipes. I'm gonna bookmark the gingerbread men one, I've been looking for a recipe for those.

www.thegreenshop.co.uk do a load of bio d stuff cherry..also ecover..(groo!) and plenty of other stuff..may be worth a peek for the links thing?
    i just bought a stack of laundry liquid, fab con washing up liquid from there.

photographs for recipes are always a winner, agreed!

Vegan Traveler

Hey Cherry, I just thought I'd add that it would be really great if the pictures that loaded randomly on the recipe pages had a caption of some sort that told what they were Then you could find them on the site
    - The Duck
    Let's do something about it!

Red face Re: Feedback required for website

Aw you've made me all nostalgic now. My Mum used to make me hedgehog cakes that looked exactly like this one when I was little.

http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/photos/kids/cake4.jpg

Wow, I cannot believe I have never come across your site before!
    Thanks for all of the lovely recipes..

Love

Steve

gonna try some of the recipes out with the kids later. good job

Thanks for the encouragement everyone

Howdawg - yeeees, I kind of agree. I do like the randomly loading thing though, don't you? Javascript Alas, I'm not sure I know how to do captions. I thought maybe it would make people look at more recipes You're right though...I shall have a think.

Thanks for the link EmmaP. Haven't got round to adding info yet as have been away. Will do though so ta.

Magenta - thank you It was that page I was concerned about.

Sluggie - Cool. I love hedgehogs My sister Laura should really have credit for hedgehoggy chocolate cake. She made me one for my 8th birthday It didn't have montezumas buttons though Or vegan cream cheese icing.

Risker - It's just so tempting to put something in every cell of your table! I think I was also trying to balance the cake with something more healthy!
    No, I don't have a reason for not including honey other than that I wanted to keep it simple. I guess though that that's something that a lot of omnis wouldn't think of. Perhaps I should have an extra page for stumbling blocks - cochineal, finings in beer and that sort of thing.

just to say cherry, that my stuff from the green shop came in like under 3 days and is ace..so i'd say based on that it's an ok place to add as a link to your site..erm..like worthy sort of thing

I've added some links, including the Green Shop one. Thanks for your input EmmaP I like the stationery they have there - the pencils that say 'I used to be a plastic cup', or CD case or whatever.

Cherry I've been using your website for recipes for quite some time. Nice to meet you lol!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Quote Cherry View Post
    ... Do you think I've got the right 'tone'? I've tried to make it simple and objective...

I think you've done a great job! it's simple and to the point, tells it how it is but without scary graphic detail, with positive reasons to be vegan rather than just negative reasons not to eat meat and gives pointers to other sources of info but not so many that it's overwhelming.

I also like the way you appear to have garnished your brandysnap basket with "hairy plums" It made me smile
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple