Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Instead of using plastic carrier bags

Default Re: Instead of using plastic carrier bags

The other annoying thing is when someone working a supermarket checkout refuses to put food (either packaged, peelable or washable) in a bag with (clean, new, packaged and most definitely *not* scented) sanitary towels and insists on wrapping those in another layer of plastic.

Quote sandra View Post
    I have a bit of a dilema regarding supermarket plastic bags. We shop at Tesco and re-use the bags to put used cat litter in. As we have 11 cats you can imagine there is quite a lot of cat litter to get rid of.
    So, even if we stopped using the supermarket bags we would have to buy other plastic bags to dispose of the cat litter.
    Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this?

VeggiePets.com sell biodegradable poop bags, and i'm sure they do biodegradable cat litter too. (1 minute later...) Here's a link actually, just found it!

http://www.veggiepets.com/acatalog/n...t_litters.html

PS - The Benevo moist tinned vegan dog and cat food is absolutely amazing too. Our dog LOVES it

Quote Corum View Post
    We do that all the time... we go shopping and if we haven't taken our bags we go without, just sticking the whole lot into the boot of our car from the trolley. No-one tends to notice to be honest.

I work in a small natural foods grocery store, and if people forget to bring their shopping bags (and don't want to use plastic bags), we have spare boxes on hand that they can use. If your groceries tend to roll around in the boot, you could always ask your grocery store for a couple of boxes next time you forget your bags.