Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Green Smoothies & Juices

Default Re: Green Smoothies & Juices

I know, exactly!! My family thinks veggie or vegan is "too much". So I think raw would scare them a bit! I've been doing raw a bit here and there, however have been moving around a bit and haven't had fresh fruits and veggies. I think I'll give myself a bit more timeto go raw. I'm aiming for 90% raw, I want tea and coffee!

If its ok, I'll pm you about it!
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

sounds good!
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote mariana View Post
    Hmm...well, I crave green smoothies!! It's weird, after the first time trying a green smoothie I started craving them all the time! I bought some different fruits this week to try out some new kinds, too. I love green smoothies!
    I do too, esp. if I don't have one for a day or two, then I just feel like I NEED one! It feels good to get that intake of baby spinach everyday

And this is the book Dia was talking about

Victoria Boutenko has written a few, another good one is Green For Life http://www.amazon.com/Green-Life-Vic...2538433&sr=1-1 Her son has done a few talks as well, he was at our Cruelty Free Fest. last year

Honestly, please, before I try making one, can you tell me what's the taste of green smoothies?
    I love fruit smoothies but the idea of green ones really turn me off.
    Anyone here really enthusiastic about their taste?
    Do you gulp it down just cause it's good for you or do you actually enjoy them?
    Thank you..

i enjoy them now but they weren't brilliant at the start. just use a couple leaves of romaine to start with or just a few spinach leaves, increase very slowly maybe over a couple of weeks.

i really love them now but like my smoothies with mango, banana & spinach to really hit the spot - maybe oranges too!

just be brave to try some combinations - if you don't like one - oh well, try again the next day! good luck.

I love them with spinach! Other greens, not so much. They taste sweet, like the fruits, but you do notice that little taste of spinach underneath it but I don't think it's bad.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

helen105281

I have just started making a green smoothie every morning and it's great. Today I had spinach, cucumber, melon, blueberries and spirulina.

Old post but I have a question:

Can I make a smoothie the night before, keep it in my fridge, and drink it for breakfast?

I often wake up earlier than the others in my house and my blender is SUPER LOUD. I don't want to wake everyone up. Also, I hate cleaning that thing and I'm in a rush in the mornings.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

ewe!!! All i can imagine is a soupy sludge... with seeds and pulp at the bottom.

I have the same problem but i work about a 10 min walk from a jamba juice, and altho i hate their sizes and sometimes their ingredients I make due... I kinda customize what i want and bring my own "green" powder and ask them to add it. :/

if you can deal with warm soda you might be able to deal with pre blending.. i can't handle it tho. I love the fresh ice taste

Yeah, that's what I was worried about.

I don't recommend drinking blended drinks before bed . . . I've been enslaved by this bad habit and it makes you gassy all night and you wake up with that fruity pithy taste. LOL

My poison: TONS of ice, berries(black or rasp), lychee juice, some pom juice (i like blueberry), half a banana and a pear - sometimes with agave but not always.

it's realllyy frickn good, but i dont have time in the morning and i come home absolutely craving oneXD

tigerlily - absolutely, you can make the smoothie the night before and drink the next morning - just give it a stir round again. if it's a green smoothie you may find it discoloured slightly - no probs though.

just make sure you store it in an airtight container; glass jar for example or it may start to oxidise and really discolour.

Thanks Cedarblue!

i've been drinking green smoothies every morning for a week. I have to say my stomach has been feeling SOOOO much better. and over the weekend when I didn't have one i had stomach issues. who would have thought?
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."