Thread: Harry Potter party - help!

Default Harry Potter party - help!

In a few weeks I'm having a Harry Potter themed birthday party. I want to make some funky vegan food, either Harry Potter related or spooky/witchy. Does anyone have any ideas?? Also, about icing. It would be cool to put bright green and red icing on things like cookies and cakes, but is food colouring vegan?

Cheers for any help!!

Default Re: Harry Potter party - help!

Red food colouring won't be vegan if it's cochineal but I'm pretty sure you could get a vegan one.

Lychees for eyeballs maybe?
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

There's a good site here with ideas for halloween party food. They're not all veg*n but some are adaptable. I'm sure I've also seen bread sandwiches made into finger shapes. I bet you could make breadsticks into broomsticks by tying shredded spring onion round the bottom, maybe with some tofutti cream cheese underneath.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Quote twinkle View Post
    I bet you could make breadsticks into broomsticks by tying shredded spring onion round the bottom, maybe with some tofutti cream cheese underneath.
    That's such a cool idea!

Quote Risker View Post
    Red food colouring won't be vegan if it's cochineal but I'm pretty sure you could get a vegan one.

Lychees for eyeballs maybe?
    Cool idea!!

Quote twinkle View Post
    There's a good site here with ideas for halloween party food. They're not all veg*n but some are adaptable. I'm sure I've also seen bread sandwiches made into finger shapes. I bet you could make breadsticks into broomsticks by tying shredded spring onion round the bottom, maybe with some tofutti cream cheese underneath.
    Excellent cheers!

some food colourings are vegan like the supercook ones (possibly except red and black) For magic lemonade put a couple of drops of coloring in each cup (different colors in each cup makes it more magical) and then pour in and *hey presto* different colors from the same jug. impresses children greatly

Quote littlemy View Post
    some food colourings are vegan like the supercook ones (possibly except red and black) For magic lemonade put a couple of drops of coloring in each cup (different colors in each cup makes it more magical) and then pour in and *hey presto* different colors from the same jug. impresses children greatly

Ooh, crafty!
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

cobweb

for a spooky treat i slice cold cooked sausages in half, length-wise, stick a peice of flaked blanched almond into one end, (to look like a fingernail), squirt a bit of ketchup over it - there you have it, Severed Fingers!

cobweb

i've also made cookies before in the shape of ghosts, pasties (made with frozen ready-rolled pastry, homous, potato and onion) in the shape of body parts and witches hats, and chocolate cakes with white icing splodged on top in spooky shapes

Frogspawn jelly - vegan jelly with passion fruit in it.

cobweb

another thing i did for a halloween party was green (with food dye ) cakes with choc chips in them, they just look sort of odd