Thread: Science shows Milk is more benefitial then sport drinks after weight lifting...

Default Science shows Milk is more benefitial then sport drinks after weight lifting...

Hey! Ok, I haven't been on in a while, and I am a tad upset - just warning you I thought others here might appreciate this article as much as I.

I clicked on the link because it was about tatoos. Well it seems the story wasn't long enough and they had to add in some junk (around 1m 30sec).

So, apparently, "a" new Canadian study finds that people who work out regularly could benefit more from Milk after a workout than power drinks, like Gatoraide. "They" say Milk builds more muscle and eliminates body fat better than sports bevrages. Etc etc etc. Then the reporter goes on to speak of milk like holy water.

So, a drink that has protein at all is better than some sugary cr*p?? No sh*t sherlock. "This" Canadian Study might as well have tested Milk to beer after a workout. Gatorade is not the healthiest drink & isn't meant for after your workouts. "The" study is just bogus imho and - picking an easy target (gatorade) just to celebrate "the health benefits" of Milk & perpetuate the idea that you shouldn't question your food - just do it.

Oi. Sorry, that just gets me going. They don't mention who's doing this study, how it was done, when, over how long, etc etc. Except for the little bit at the end where they mention that the study was only done in men 18-30. It's completely bogus, vague and idiotic.

Moral of the article: If you don't know about wieght lifting, don't go to the media for your information. They assume you're an idiot, and don't really help you beyond that.

lol, ok, ty. I feel much better now

http://video.sympatico.msn.com/v/en-...default&fg=rss
    Last edited by BlueMonarch; Aug 16th, 2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: fixed my wording ;) I'm a little sloppy when im angry :D
    "Stand your ground this is what we are fighting for.." -VNV

Default Re: Science shows Milk is more benefitial then sport drinks after weight lifting

Soy milk has more protein in it than cow's milk, in a more digestable form. Soy milk rules, cow's milk doesn't.

End of, FOOLS (not you BlueMonarch, them with the silly video ).
    There’s a statue that the abattoir erected to remind us all of their contributions. To me it marks Potemkin City Limits, this Francis cast in bronze.