Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: About The Vegan Forum

Smile Thanks!

I just wanted EVERYONE here to know that my greatest thanks go out to you, because without you guys, I don't know if I could take being veggie with all the anti-veggies in my life. Thanks for helping me with all my troubles and giving your best opinions. Thanks again!!!

mwah!

ConsciousCuisine

Wink Vegan Forum appreciation thread / Donations

Thank you so much for providing this online resource for us all to develop and commune.

With Gratiude and Blessings,

Brande

Thank you so much. It is definitely appreciated.

PinkFluffyCloud

As above!!

Ja ja, tack sa mycket Korn lad!

Yay Vegan Forum and Korn!

Korn you are providing a valuable service. This forum has been vital in my sustaining my veganism.
    Does maintaining this forum come at a financial expense to you? I would be glad to contribute.

mwah to korn for giving me a place to go that keeps me away from feeling lonely and feeling as if im the only vegan. if not for this place, i would not know if i would still be vegan!
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

ditto all the above, plus it is extremely important that we can communicate with each other, support each other, and just basically know there is a place where we can be ourselves.
    Eve

What Eve said.

But in my own words, Korn - you are the greatest for providing us with this wonderful meeting place in cyberspace. It's a place I visit every day and not only that - I look forward to visiting it every day. Thank you for all that you do for us. I know you have a whole other life (work, family etc), so thanks to them to, for letting us have a piece of you as well

Roxy

Quote Roxy
    I know you have a whole other life (work, family etc), so thanks to them to, for letting us have a piece of you as well

Ditto all the above posts. Cheers Korn.

I have always thought Korn were a cracking band, the new album is a blinder - woops sorry I know

But serious Korn this is a top vegan MSG board and also a big thanks to Ruby Soho who dragged me over here from a place where everyone seemed to argue - Cheers your a star as well

Your Message board is a credit to you so many great people here.....if you are ever in the UK pop in for a smokey tofu sandwhich with brown sauce and a cuppa (with soya milk of course). Or a vegan Beer.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Just adding my vote of thanks too. The site is instrumental in furthering the cause of veganism and gives us lonely vegans a place to meet, chat, gripe and laugh.

I've enjoyed my short period of time here on vegan forums so much. Thank you, Korn. It's nice having a place that is a haven for vegans and that doesn't pander to non-vegans. I appreciate your forum guidelines and the dedication you have to making this site work.

awww....he has been doing very good work. Indirectly gaining good karma's reserves , good wishes, blessings, greetings..what not..Right on.

manish and neena

PinkFluffyCloud

My hubby hates the forum, he doesn't understand what I get out of it, and has tried to influence me into stopping.
    What is his problem??
    Well, I love it, and would miss it so much if it wasn't here, and all these fantastic, interesting characters, too.
    Thanks, Korn!!

PF, hubby is not Vegan?

Manish

PinkFluffyCloud

Default Sadly not..............

Quote let_me_view
    PF, hubby is not Vegan?

Manish
    No, Manish. He doesn't eat meat, dairy, or eggs, and had already given up meat long before we met, but still eats fish sometimes (when he chooses to buy and cook it). This makes me sad, and a bit mad!!
    He thinks I am 'extreme' even though he cannot abide cruelty. When we married I 'watered down' my extremes, but in the last year and a half I began to re-awaken, thank God!!
    Now fully awake and alive again!!
    Just not too happy at home!

Thanks a lot, everybody!
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Ditto to all the kudos and thanks, Korn. You are awesome for providing us with this place.
    (And I would be more than happy to support this forum with donations, too.)
    No Gods, No Masters.

Thanks, Korn. I know you must sacrifice a lot of personal time to keep this board in order. We appreciate you.
    -JK

I'd also like to thank gertvegan for the help in finding threads that can be merged (covering the same topic)...

Regarding expenses: I'll try to find a simple way for sharing costs, since a few of you have offered contributions. (As our site grows, the work and expenses grow too.) Even with a little less than the original number of members (approx 650) before the crash a few months ago, we have twice as many posts. So the crash didn't seem to hurt us much.

Thanks again.

tails4wagging

Oh, lordy, korn, I am in ignorance. Did not know having a website cost anything.

How about some donations folks? And how do we go about it then?.

keep up the good work Korn... By the way are you male or female?and where do you live??.

Quote tails4wagging
    Oh, lordy, korn, I am in ignorance. Did not know having a website cost anything.

How about some donations folks? And how do we go about it then?.

keep up the good work Korn... By the way are you male or female?and where do you live??.

im happy to contribute

I am also. Please let us know.

Default Donations?

Hi,
    I have received several public and private messages from people who want to contribute to keeping this site alive, and I'm really thankful for that!
    Our site is growing fast, and I will now spend some time trying to find out what the simplest and safest way to send/receive donations across continents would be. There are several solutions out there (PayPal etc)... do we have members among us who have any comments re. which solution to go for, based on former experience?
    Thanks a lot,
    Korn

PinkFluffyCloud

I have found Paypal good, it could be the simplest way as we are all around the Globe?

Default Paypal -

I use paypal also and haven't had any troubles with them at all. I had some doubt about them when I first had to sign up due to a range of anti-paypal sites where some people have been burnt, but there has been no issues for me and they even sent me an e-statement. While not free, they have been handy on occasions.

Just type paypal into google and you will get a host of hits both for and against.

http://digitalenterprise.org/cases/paypal.html

http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/3428261
    "if compassion is extreme, then call me an extremist"

Paypal is a good choice. You can insert a Paypal link so the funds go directly to your paypal account when a person clicks on the emblem to donate.

I like the Paypal idea too.

Geoff

But can we trust a Viking with our money? Didn't they make enough plundering Britain?

But, if the Viking stash is running low, I'm happy to contribute

Quote Geoff
    But can we trust a Viking with our money? Didn't they make enough plundering Britain?

But, if the Viking stash is running low, I'm happy to contribute
    Thanks! (You're right about the Viking's... and now they (we!) are emptying the North Sea for oil, so I don't think things really have improved since the Viking age. )
    Last edited by Korn; Nov 20th, 2004 at 08:56 AM. Reason: A "(we)" added to the text.

i personally have had a few problems with Paypal, but overall it's probably the easiest way for everybody to contribute if they wish.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

I have also had problems with Paypal taking money twice and not refunding me, so although I agree with the donation idea I am not particularly happy using it again.

Aurora

I'm also in favour of the donation idea, but not using Paypal.
    Eve

I don't know much about paypal, and will defer to everyone's elses decision. Question about donations though. I'm glad to make one, because I love this board and really enjoy "knowing" the people on it, but are donations going to be required to post? I wonder if people will be put off of joining because of a fee, and if we will be limiting the chances of growing because of that. I def. feel that Korn deserves help defraying the costs of running this baby, but new recruits might not be so eager to pony up.
    -JK

Quote JasperKat
    but are donations going to be required to post?
    No.

Default Some alternatives to paypal

"if compassion is extreme, then call me an extremist"

Quote tails4wagging
    By the way are you male or female?and where do you live??.
    it says on his profile he is a male from europe
    i had always imagined korn to be american, wrrrd

Sorry, I forgot to answer that question in the heat of last weeks activities. I'm a Norwegian, currently living in Norway, but have been studying in USA (and have been living in other countries too). Every year, around this time, as we're getting closer to the freezing point (it's only +7C here now), I consider moving to a warmer climate. I agree with Stepehen Walsh who says that we're designed to live closer to Equator....

tails4wagging

My bones could'nt stand that temperature. The Arthritis would kill me!!. How do folks over there in Norway cope if they have arthritis?.

I would love to visit the norwegian ffords, but I am afraid I disagree with norways policy about whaling. So dont want to spend my money there.

Quote tails4wagging
    How do folks over there in Norway cope if they have arthritis?
    I would love to visit the norwegian fjords, but I am afraid I disagree with norways policy about whaling. So dont want to spend my money there.
    Some people's arthritis seem to be more connected to either temperature changes (as opposed to just temperature) and humidity. (Unfortunately for them Norway isn't still isn't an ideal choice.) Due to the Gulf stream, the temperature in some areas of Norway are not that far from the ie. average UK temperatures, so in order to avoid the climate here, one would probably want to move quite a bit further away than for example England.

For those of you that are comfortable with using PayPal, there is now a PayPal account called webmaster@veganforum.com which can be used for donations... again: thanks for your willingness to support.
    For those of you not comfortable with using PayPal, what would be a better solution for you? What about VISA (meaning no third parties involved (except VISA itself, of course))?

Is there any way to help if one is not having credit card ( Plastic money) of any kind ?

Manish

Quote Korn
    For those of you that are comfortable with using PayPal, there is now a PayPal account called webmaster@veganforum.com which can be used for donations... again: thanks for your willingness to support.
    Great,

I sent a donation.

I just sent a donation too Thanks for setting up the Paypal Korn!

I read through the paypal, but not agreeable to an ebay account based in the US. I'd rather use my Visacard account. Can this be done?
    Eve

tails4wagging

Sent a donation.