Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,400 of 4435

Thread: Pictures of good vegan food you've eaten! (1)

Default Re: Pictures of good vegan food (5)

wow rainbow - fantastic cakes!!

Aww, thanks folks!
    This thread has been an inspiration, both in terms of giving me ideas of nice things to make, and in terms of making me want to make nice things to upload here! Today OH and I enjoyed the following for lunch:

Spiced vegetables, chickpeas and Mock* on a bed of couscous with olives and coriander

Cherry and almond cupcakes

The above picture is what they looked like fresh out of the oven. Within a couple of minutes I couldn't resist and started the demolition process:

The leftovers from this will keep me busy for a couple of days, so I promise I won't keep bombarding this thread with pictures... (although it is fun!).

*Mock Duck is the name of a savoury gluten dish made by Granose. It is very yummy which is why I eat it, but the name is terrible! Why would anyone want to pretend they are eating a lovely duck?! So in my family we just call it Mock.
    Live and let live

Rainbow...that coffee cake looks absolutely delicious.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

^ Big time!

Is it wrong that I can 'taste' the cupcakes? Mmmmmmm.
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

It is if you've just broken in to Rainbow's house!
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Next time, just ring the bell!!
    Live and let live

Smokey Grilled Tempeh, Potato Salad, Collard Greens

Tortilla Soup

Chinese-Style Orange Tofu with Sesame Green Beans

Snobby Joe's, Scalloped Potatoes, Collard Greens

Cherry Bomb Cheesecake

Scrambled Tofu

Gazpacho

tabbouleh-bouleh

Ooh, yummy! Do I recognise some of those from Veganomicon? I particularly like the look of the Chinese-style orange tofu!
    Live and let live

Yeah, a few are from V-con...the smokey grilled tempeh/potato salad/collard greens dish, and the snobby joes and scalloped potatoes dish.
    The orange tofu and the tortilla soup were from the book Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food by Alicia Simpson.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Made another coffee cake today, because I never actually got to taste the one pictured above. I haven't had coffee cake in years, so when I heard I'd made a good one, I needed to have me a slice! (And partner got a slice too)

And before cake came the main course, barbecue tofu with vegetables served with tabbouleh:
    Live and let live

what's your address??

Kimberlily1983

Quote rainbow View Post
    More more more! Nom nom!

My Mum had a cake sale for a charity a couple of weeks ago. So I got to go on a baking spree. Here are a few of the things I made:

Coffee cake!

Strawberry cupcakes with vanilla icing

Strawberry and chocolate muffins, plus cupcakes pre-icing (and some gratuitous mess in my kitchen - I shall get better at the presentation!)

And last but not least, some black forest gateau:
    Um, can I move in with you, Rainbow?

Had family round yesterday evening for a special dinner. Main course was "chicken" and mushroom pie, using Realeat chicken-style pieces. I made two pies, here is the smaller one:

We dished it up with parsley potatoes and asparagus spears. We were pretty hungry so this photo was taken in haste before chomping away, hence the lack of artistry:

Dessert was cheesecake, which is a first for me. I used a recipe by "Wolffie" in Sarah Kramer's "La Dolce Vegan" (I must confess that I find Kramer intensely annoying, but Wolffie seems to have some good recipes to offer). I tweaked the recipe by replacing the apricot topping with a summer fruit glaze (raspberries, blueberries and blackberries - I had to leave out strawberries because my Dad is allergic to them). I picked the blackberries myself! I think the cheesecake recipe was good, but there is still room for some tweaking. I'm guessing it takes a few cheesecakes to nail the combo that works best. (Any excuse to make some more!)

My slice!:

Thanks to those who said nice things about my previous pictures. Personally, I'm still lusting after that cream doughnut posted by Mr. Fibble. And the blueberry waffles, and the spring rolls, and all the things made by Beanstew, and many other yummy things posted on this thread. This thread is better than a recipe book for making me want to cook!
    Live and let live

Quote rainbow View Post

We dished it up with parsley potatoes and asparagus spears. We were pretty hungry so this photo was taken in haste before chomping away, hence the lack of artistry:
    Can I ask if you care to share the recipe for the pie filling? It looks absolutely delishous and creamy, I can never get my pie fillings that mourish!

Sure. I made the recipe up on the day so the measurements are rather approximate, I'm afraid, but it gives you something to work with.

Defrost Realeat "chicken-style" pieces and puff pastry.
    Rehydrate a large handful of wild mushrooms, and a large handful of porcini mushrooms (you will need to leave them for about 20 minutes in boiling water. Don't throw out the water, it becomes very flavoursome and can be added to the dish). NB these are expensive so you can leave them out, but they do add amazing flavour to the dish.
    In a large saucepan, add the following: 1 large leek, chopped; lots of mushrooms (I used three packs of chestnut mushrooms, which hold their shape well), whole if small, halved or quartered if larger; the "chicken" pieces; 2.5 Kallo mushroom stockcubes, dissolved in boiling water; a few cloves of garlic, crushed. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and add more water if required. Heat your oven to about 220 degrees celsius.
    While this is cooking, roll out the puff pastry and cut to the size of the pie dish. (I used Jusroll puff pastry.)
    Add a bay leaf to the saucepan. Then add the rehydrated mushrooms and the water they were rehydrated in. Stir in one packet of vegan cream (I used the Alpro soya 250ml long-life packet). Add some soya milk. Stir thoroughly and keep the heat on low so that the milk doesn't curdle. At this point, you may need to add some cornflour in order to get the right consistency - you want it to be fairly thick. If adding cornflour, dissolve it in a little milk so that it isn't clumpy, then stir it in, and give it a minute or so to work before adding any more. Give it another five minutes or so, adding milk and/or cornflour to get it thick and creamy.
    Almost ready now. Just give it a quick taste to ensure that the seasoning is right. Now is the time to add salt and pepper if it needs any (mine didn't, but as the measurements are somewhat approximate, it might need a bit of extra oomph).
    Once happy, remove the bay leaf and pour into pie dishes, leaving a bit of room at the top. Tip: don't bake the pastry on top of the pie. Put it on a baking tray - this will make it crisper. Stick the pie dish(es) and the baking tray(s) in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden but not burnt. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for a minute or so, then carefully move the pastry on top of the pie dish. It should be a snug fit so this isn't easy. If it has expanded a bit, you may need to trim is slightly. A little skilled manoeuvring may be required. This is why you need to give it a minute or two to cool, else this will really hurt your fingers!
    I'm pretty sure that was all I did. When served with the potatoes and asparagus, it served six hungry people - you could easily reduce the recipe if you wanted a smaller amount. Hope this is helpful. I tend to be quite self-critical when cooking and am always looking for ways to improve my recipes, but I felt this one was a winner, so would probably use it again without modifications. But if you can think of ways to improve it, do share!
    Live and let live

I'm going to keep posting food pictures here until Mr. Fibble spots something tempting enough to trade for one of those cream doughnuts...

First up, a totally simple meal of potatoes, beans and salad - nothing fancy, just love how colourful vegan food can be! (And proof that I don't just eat cake...)

Leek and potato soup with fresh parsley and wholemeal toast:

And today's lunch, stuffed marrow with mince in a herby tomato sauce, topped with white sauce and breadcrumbs (NB if you look hard enough, you can see the Autumn issue of The Vegan in the top right-hand corner!)

Followed by "Brilliant Berry Parfaits", made using a recipe from My Sweet Vegan:

I'm an academic, and in term time I work such long hours that I end up eating the same old sandwiches and jacket potatoes on loop . So I am making the most of the summer to unleash my creativity in the kitchen! (And I'm on sabbatical leave next year, so hopefully can maintain this until Christmas - after which I will be in Paris for a few months with limited kitchen facilities, but baguettes and carottes rapées on tap...)
    Live and let live

Quote rainbow View Post
    Sure. I made the recipe up on the day so the measurements are rather approximate, I'm afraid, but it gives you something to work with.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, it's much appreciated. I shall be making this pie sometime this week, Just the picture alone makes me salivate! I'll post pictures of my accomplishment

Rainbow - you make fantastic cakes!!

FDC - I really want a snobby joe, like right now!

I have a lot to catch up on, first some pics of food I made before going on holiday

Black bean & plantain empanadas from Viva Vegan

Mojo mushrooms & coriander lime rice from Viva Vegan

Gallo pinto from Viva Vegan

And we just went to Melbourne for a holiday where there are so many vegan food options

Chickpea patties, chickpea pumpkin sald & hummus

Buckwheat veggie dumplings & Chinese broccoli
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

The Ben special pizza, gf base

These are all from a place called Lord of the Fries, it's a veg*n fast food place

Chick'n Nuggets

Poutine (chips w/ gravy & vegan cheeze)

Mini Burger

Onion Rings

Chick'n Parma

Bean Taco

Tofu asada burrito & fries

And these are all from a bakery that has so many vegan treats

Jam donut and jam & cream donut

Iced donuts

Apple Scroll

Pizza Bread

Mushroom Pie

Tofumonkey - you're welcome! Happy cooking, and I look forward to seeing the results!

Kitteh - oh wow. I just love your food pictures. No offence to the Melbourne outlets, but the best pictures are of the stuff you made yourself. The taco and burrito look absolutely amazing. I just ate breakfast and this is already making me hungry again! Wow! You are an inspiration! [Edit - I didn't see the pictures on the next page. Oh boy, those doughnuts look incredible. Oh wow. *falls over and drowns in her own drool*]
    Live and let live

RubyDuby

everything looks amazing!!
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

i especially like the look of those little dumplings with brocolli.....and the apple scroll.....nom nom

Quote rainbow View Post
    Kitteh - oh wow. I just love your food pictures. No offence to the Melbourne outlets, but the best pictures are of the stuff you made yourself. The taco and burrito look absolutely amazing. I just ate breakfast and this is already making me hungry again! Wow! You are an inspiration! [Edit - I didn't see the pictures on the next page. Oh boy, those doughnuts look incredible. Oh wow. *falls over and drowns in her own drool*]
    Thanks, Rainbow It was 9 days of food-indulgence, and there were so many places I missed out on going to. I added you as a contact on flickr too!

Quote cedarblue View Post
    i especially like the look of those little dumplings with brocolli.....and the apple scroll.....nom nom
    The dumplings were delicious, I wish I could make them at home.

Kitteh your post had left me drooling-they look amazing!

Kitteh, I want a snobby joe, too...it's been at least a month!
    Your food all looks fantastic, I especially like the looks of the empanada (I just tried plantains recently and loved them) and the chickpea patty meal from Melbourne. Are there more vegan food places in Melbourne than Sidney? I'm afraid I am not too familiar with Australian cities...
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Quote princess_panda View Post
    Kitteh your post had left me drooling-they look amazing!
    Thanks

Quote fondducoeur View Post
    Kitteh, I want a snobby joe, too...it's been at least a month!
    Your food all looks fantastic, I especially like the looks of the empanada (I just tried plantains recently and loved them) and the chickpea patty meal from Melbourne. Are there more vegan food places in Melbourne than Sidney? I'm afraid I am not too familiar with Australian cities...
    Melb is seen as the vegan capital of Australia, there are so many vegan/veg places and lots of omni places with decent vegan options, it's much more common than in Sydney. Melb is also smaller than Sydney, so we would hop in the car and be able to get vegan food within 20 minutes of where we were staying, in Sydney it's always a longer trip to find vegan food but Sydney is catching up and the options we have are great

Homemade Summer Rolls (filling is tofurkey, apples, carrots, celery & onions)

Plum Terryaki tofu with quinoa, asparagus, roasted peppers, rutabaga & sweet potato

Maharagwe(chickpeas, onions, tomatoes, coconut milk & spices) with quinoa & garlic naan
    Last edited by mmmorgans; Aug 24th, 2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: added picture descriptions

Roasted potatoes, sliced tofurkey sausage, mushrooms, hummus, garlic toast, zuchinni & ketchup'd veganaise

Cajun chickpea patties topped with avocado served with rutagaba

Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting

Smoothie-apple, ginger, lime, strawberries, blueberries & spinach

Cashew cheeze with veggies & monster crackers

Tpfu with quinoa, bok choi, peppers & onions

Chips, pineapple skewers, coleslaw, roasted rutabaga&yams, mountain burger topped with tomato & edamame

O wow! That all looks delish! I especially like the cake and the yummy looking cashew cheese with veggies! Nice photos as well!
    tabbouleh-bouleh

O wow! That all looks delish! I especially like the cake and the yummy looking cashew cheese with veggies! Nice photos as well!
    Thank you! I make a point of taking a picture of all my food especially now that I started a vegan blog! That and I love looking at others food pics

Wow wow wow yum yum yum! Great pictures mmmorgans! You are quite the chef!
    Live and let live

Ok, I'm hungry now.
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

I set about making my flat mate a load of cupcakes and cookies the other day and here are some pictures from the session;

They were basic chocolate cupcakes with a choice of chocolate frosting and chocolate orange frosting. I also made another batch yesterday, where I also tried out a peanut butter frosting and a strawberry one to add something other than chocolate!

The recipes were very basic but if you fancy a go, you can find them on my blog; http://tofuveganzombie.blogspot.com/ .I plan on posting up my peanut butter and strawberry varieties later so they'll be more scrummy pictures to come!

Chick'n fried seitan, mashed potatoes and gravy, collard greens

Coconut cupcakes (VWAV)

Israeli couscous salad (fatfreevegan.com), coconut lime tofu (Vegan Yum Yum cookbook)

Gumbo with Tofurkey Italian sausage (Vegan Lunchbox From Around the World)

Cuban black beans and fried sweet plantains (Urban Vegan)
    tabbouleh-bouleh

mmm that gumbo and beans with plantain looks very yummo.

did you follow a recipe?

Cedarblue, I will PM them to as soon as I get a chance.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

yum yum, thanks!

Veggie stew and dumplings tonight.

Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion". The "X" makes it sound cool.

Cedarblue, I will PM them to as soon as I get a chance.
    Um... while you're at it would you mind cc-ing me in?
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Hoisin-drenched garlic seitan with baby bok choy and toasted sesame seeds (aka dinner 8/29/2010)
    Visit: abolitionistapproach.com, peaceopie.com, bostonvegan.org, and vegandocumentary.com

FdC - I want some chick'n seitan and a cupcake, please!

Gf tomato rosemary focaccia

Gf chickpea nuggets w/ hot sauce

We had another bake sale on the weekend, we raised $1180 and that will go to 2 shelters/rescues

I made my usual cupcakes plus gf agave vanilla cupcakes w/ cashew cream & strawberries

And chocolate kittehs and gingerbread donkeys (that look a bit like donkey-rabbits!)

^ Hi Kitteh! Am currently trying to be GF to support my other half, and your photos look delicious (as usual). Any chance of PMing the recipes for the focaccia and chickpea nuggets (or letting me know where you got them from)? Thanks.

Quote smallhelen View Post
    ^ Hi Kitteh! Am currently trying to be GF to support my other half, and your photos look delicious (as usual). Any chance of PMing the recipes for the focaccia and chickpea nuggets (or letting me know where you got them from)? Thanks.
    Click on the titles of the photos, they're linked to the blogs the recipes came from! Any other questions or recipe help, just ask!

I want to share what I made recently. The recipes are on my website.

Curry

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Strawberry Lassi

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Respect for all living entities

I had butter beans and cous cous last night:
    Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion". The "X" makes it sound cool.

Big roast tonight:

that looks a greaat roast!

Everyone's food looks lovely. When I try to photograph my food it doesn't look as good as it does in real life.............what am I doing wrong...........is it the lighting?

p.s. Or maybe my food is just plain horrible looking!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty