Thread: veganstore

Default veganstore

Hi all,
    I was just wondering if anyone was having trouble with the online shop veganstore.co.uk.
    I ordered some stuff from them 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't come. It usually gets to me within 2 to 3 days. Also the money went straight out of my bank and they've charged me for something that was out of stock so therefore wont be receiving. I've tried ringing but get no answer and they haven't replied to my e mail.
    Any ideas? They're usually so good.
    Charlotte xxx

LGBunny

Default Re: veganstore

Firstly I would like to say I know other people have had sucess with them, and like them, so the following is only from my own personal experience and may not be representative of the company.....

but I personally just don't bother using them now, and haven't for 18 months or so. They have messed up my orders so many times, sent leaking cleaning solution badly packaged through the post and to top it all off tried to charge me for postage because one of my items was out of stock (it wasn't out of stock on the website) and that brought my order beneath £50. Plus there was the issue of the non-vegan sweets. I guess there are so many vegan companies out there now I would have to hear really really good things about them to make me want to risk using them again.

I've used them and found them excellent and they delivered quickly - however, I don't use them anymore because I can get most of the items on there locally.
    Silent but deadly :p

cobweb

I go a bit hot and cold with them, i have had problems, but on other occasions they've been great, and i choose to support them by shopping with them.
    To be honest i've had quite severe problems with a few vegan shops/charities in the last year which is most disappointing .

I used them at the beginning of the year and found the service was good. Fast delivery, well packaged etc. I was thinking of ordering a couple of things later today..... I'll let you know how it goes!
    Knottykc

They used to be ok, but the last few things I ordered I had problems with so I don't really bother with them anymore...
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

I've never had a problem with them. I ordered some stuff on Tuesday night and it arrived this morning.

I haven't had any problems. I ordered some stuff last week and it arrived promptly and was well packaged(in a recycled box) etc.
    Knottykc

no fair! I ordered last Monday, and I'm still desperately waiting for the delivery - it contains chocolate you understand

i'd stopped ordering from them for quite a while, as they don't have many useful products i can't get locally any more. but they've just brought in some chocolate peanut butter cups which i'm quite excited about, and i placed an order last night. i'll post the results.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

I just hope they get those vegan snickers back one day, my order felt incomplete

going from past experience, i won't be surprised if they become yet another great product that's vanished forever...
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

I've never been able to order from them as their website is totally unaccessable for me. Luckily I'm very near 'One earth' shop which is vegan too so I shop there.

I still have one (very out of date original recipe) bar of Peanut Chews from my last trip to NY. Time to go again to restock if nothing else!
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Windfall

i havent ordered from veganstore in ages, but i remember ordering from them once when i lived in sweden and it took 8 weeks before i got anything...

i just think its very expensive, i go there ever so often, and then you add up the postage and go "noooooooo way!!!" lol

well, my order arrived yesterday (although i had to go to the sorting office to collect it because i was out when they delivered it) which is pretty good. but, the peanut butter cups are TINY. they're nice, but not really worth the money.

Cherry made some ginormous peanut butter cups a few weeks ago. The chocolate was good, but in order to set up properly they had to be frozen. What came out of it was a consistancy more like peanut icecream. I'm going to do them again sometime soon, with a layer of toffee
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

You got your order in a couple of days Gorilla?! I ordered a week before you did and still nothing! They were quick enough to take the money off my card though, on the 10th!

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    Cherry made some ginormous peanut butter cups a few weeks ago. The chocolate was good, but in order to set up properly they had to be frozen. What came out of it was a consistancy more like peanut icecream. I'm going to do them again sometime soon, with a layer of toffee
    i saw the recipe, thanks to AMF's link on the chocolate thread - they look good!

sorry Blue Moon - i guess they're just a bit inconsistent. perhaps the parcel has been held up somewhere. is it being delivered by a company that can give you a tracking code, so you can find out where it's got to?

No need for you to be sorry Gorilla I'm just narked 'cause I've ordered chocolate, and I want it I want it I want it!

I much much much prefer to buy things locally, but at uni I don't have that option, so I use the US version of theveganstore. I've yet to have any problems.

EllaGuru

I've never had any problems with veganstore. I made an order recently which only took two days to arrive.

Quote Gorilla View Post
    but, the peanut butter cups are TINY. they're nice, but not really worth the money.
    Aren't they just! I got the impression from the picture on the site that they were at least twice the size that they are so they're quite expensive at 40p each. The almond cups are nice too but not as good as the peanut cups.

Another thing that annoys me is they don't take Solo cards...it isn't my fault the damn bank won't give me the other till I'm "working".
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Quote EllaGuru View Post
    Aren't they just! I got the impression from the picture on the site that they were at least twice the size that they are so they're quite expensive at 40p each. The almond cups are nice too but not as good as the peanut cups.
    i decided i couldn't afford to try both, so i went for the peanut ones. i think the website is slightly misleading, they don't give any indication of the weight or size of these at all.

Quote socks View Post
    I much much much prefer to buy things locally, but at uni I don't have that option, so I use the US version of theveganstore. I've yet to have any problems.
    I've used the USA veganstore a few times. Once to get some vegan 'leather' gloves to handle a rat with challanging behavior. The other time was to get Vegidog which was out of stock at Veggiepet so I had to get it directly from USA. Considering they were posting to a differant country their response was very good. The UK 'veganstore' however is totally innaccessable due to the graphics so I can't use it.

Their use of graphics on the site is really bizarre, I've always found it strange. I guess it helps protect against copyright violation, but I doubt they have that many competitors wanting to rip them off.

Have you tried emailing them?

i get the feeling whoever does their website isn't particularly knowledgeable about website design. it's a pretty poor site imo, difficult to navigate and full of spelling mistakes too.

Quote Gorilla View Post
    full of spelling mistakes too.
    heh; all the best sites are

Quote Mr Flibble View Post

Have you tried emailing them?
    Yes, ages ago but they weren't very helpful.

Quote xwitchymagicx View Post
    Another thing that annoys me is they don't take Solo cards...it isn't my fault the damn bank won't give me the other till I'm "working".

You can avoid that if you can get someone over the age to agree to let you have a joint account with them.
    The day breaks and everything is new.

Made an order this afternoon. Let's see how long it takes to travel the 2 miles from there to here..
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

you know they send it all the way up to Gatwick and back, don't you? at least they used to, which is one of the reasons i stopped ordering from them.

Quote Gorilla View Post
    you know they send it all the way up to Gatwick and back, don't you? at least they used to, which is one of the reasons i stopped ordering from them.
    Yes, but I'd rather get my Glucosamine and Multivitamins from them than anyone else because I think they do the best ones. Any alternate supplier suggestions?
    Infinity's are really expensive. Infinity ship bottled water to London by the way...my friend has a job doing it. Kerazy world.
    Anyway, took 3 days from order to arrival, pas mal.

I get mine from here, HorselessPaul.
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks.