Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Deals (UK), old thread

Default Re: Special Deals (UK)

the falafel are on the offer, too, as are the nut cutlets. 2 packs for £3.

Quote shesbenevolent View Post
    I went in to tonight, as I said I would, and it wasn't on offer. I didn't want to pay £3.49 for it.It looked nice, but not that nice. The Linda McCartney offer was over too. My boyfriend and I looked into the freezer with horror, when we saw that the country pies are now a 'new improved recipe'. We quickly grabbed a box to see if they'd done something stupid, like put milk in them, but they're still vegan. Thank goodness. Sunday roast wouldn't be the same without them.

By the way, in Tesco a couple of days ago, they had an offer on some of their frozen foods. The chicken style dippers were on offer, I'm not sure about their falafel. Both vegan. Their frozen falafel is so delicious. I recommend it if you haven't tried it.
    Never seen these in my local tesco extra... and after extensive searching I can't find them on the website either (the chicken dippers). I am intruiged to try them now as every vegetarian frozen thing in tesco seems to have some form of egg in it... Do you have a barcode or something so I could ring them up and check for stockists?

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    the falafel are on the offer, too, as are the nut cutlets. 2 packs for £3.
    Yeesh. Still seems kinda expensive for nut cutlets...

... and it it. Just checked the website. They are £1.58 each... so an 8p saving per packet... Do they think us veg*ns are thick?

I went in to tonight, as I said I would, and it wasn't on offer. I didn't want to pay £3.49 for it.It looked nice, but not that nice.
    i wouldn't pay £3.49 for it either - i had an email from Innocent saying they were £1 off in Sainsburys but i guess it's not in all stores. according to their website they're currently doing 1/3 off carton smoothies and veg pots in Waitrose, and 2 carton smoothes for £4 in Tesco.

The Linda McCartney offer was over too. My boyfriend and I looked into the freezer with horror, when we saw that the country pies are now a 'new improved recipe'. We quickly grabbed a box to see if they'd done something stupid, like put milk in them, but they're still vegan. Thank goodness. Sunday roast wouldn't be the same without them.
    i noticed that Linda McCartney pies are apparently a new improved recipe (which is an oxymoron that i absolutely hate!) but thankfully still vegan, i had some the other day and they seem to have made them blander

Quote hiddenfromview
    Never seen these in my local tesco extra... and after extensive searching I can't find them on the website either (the chicken dippers).
    i've never found these locally either.

Quote hiddenfromview
    Yeesh. Still seems kinda expensive for nut cutlets...

... and it it. Just checked the website. They are £1.58 each... so an 8p saving per packet... Do they think us veg*ns are thick?
    i don't think it's that expensive but a so-called special offer saving of 8p per pack is taking the pee a little bit!
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Quote Gorilla View Post

i don't think it's that expensive but a so-called special offer saving of 8p per pack is taking the pee a little bit!
    Considering that on promotion and with a staff discount I have bought branded nut cutlets for 93p a box, I think it's really expensive... especially as they are made from bloomin nuts! Even on 93p a small store such as h&b make a profit, even though they buy them in smaller quantities... I think that says it all really - where they can supermarkets like to rip us veg*ns off...

^ true but supermarkets like to rip people off at any opportunity, not just veg*ns. they make some of the more popular products loss-leaders to get people in and these aren't likely to be speciality veg*n products. also it's not really fair to compare it with a purchase you made with a staff discount is it.

i don't think i could make 4 nut cutlets for £1.50 myself so i'm not complaining.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Veganstore have a sale on at the moment and have introduced bulk buys on some products to save money, including:

Organica Selection Pack: Faux Milk couverture Bar, Faux Milk Couverture bar with Fruit and Nuts, The White Bar, Chocolate Coconut Bar and the Hazelnut Nougat Bar. All five bars for £7.50 which is the equivalent of getting the coconut bar free!

Faith in Nature Skin Care Pack: usually £5.13 each, buy your day cream, night cream and eye cream together for £13 and save yourself 15% off the individual prices

Chunkies Jerky Bulk Buy: £1.17 per bag or a box of six packs for £6.

Eco Bella Cosmetics: Now all in the sale
    Last edited by Gorilla; Jan 16th, 2009 at 03:24 PM. Reason: making it a bit easier to read, and correcting a spelling mistake i copied and pasted from their email!

The selection pack of 'milk' chocolate and bars looks fantastic!!

Not sure if posted as not got time to read past posts but Im told Asda had Cauldron tofu at £1 a block.

Quote Gorilla View Post
    i noticed that Linda McCartney pies are apparently a new improved recipe (which is an oxymoron that i absolutely hate!) but thankfully still vegan, i had some the other day and they seem to have made them blander
    I hate it when I see 'new improved recipe' on packaging, they're very rarely better than before! I really liked the last recipe for the pies (with the onion gravy) but these new improved ones are tasteless in comparison

I really didn't like the LM pies before, because they had a very strong smell. I might try the new recipe, but have some pickle on hand to liven them up, if they're as bland as you say!
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

off topic i know, but when LM pies first changed over to the current owners or whatever, i thought they were disgusting!! but the more i kept trying them the more i preferred them. sometimes you just need to get used to the taste of stuff!

i love lm pies, but i was beginning to look a bit one so have had to cut back on them!

@ Pie

Linda McCartney Pies on offer @ Tesco at the mo. £1.09 for the four pack.

Noob alert. Apologies if posted elsewhere!

ooh thanks, now the song who ate all the pies comes to mind...!

(OK, so weebl and bob prefer "the beefs". But I still luv 'em. )

that's mad!!

Sainsburys: Alpro Yoghurts 4x pack for £1 instead the usual £1.49

Bourgeois Beheme have a sale on until 26th January. The cheapest shoes I saw were reduced to £10.

thanks
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Uh! If only I had size 3 feet I could get a bargain!
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Zero

For those in or near Brighton I noticed that the Provamel Organic plain tofu duo pack is 50% off at the moment at £1.25 in Infinity.

Free sample of black garlic available - sounds interesting, not heard of it before? I use so much garlic in cooking Id like to try this one.

http://www.blackgarlic.co.uk/index.a...=RequestSample

Quote alisont View Post
    Free sample of black garlic available - sounds interesting, not heard of it before? I use so much garlic in cooking Id like to try this one.

http://www.blackgarlic.co.uk/index.a...=RequestSample
    Wtf? I've requested a free sample anyway! Thanks for the tip!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Co-op fairtrade wines have 20%off from today.

Some nice vegan ones in that collection:smile:

Quote alisont View Post
    Co-op fairtrade wines have 20%off from today.

Some nice vegan ones in that collection:smile:
    yay! payday soon!

Time to stock up maybe?

There is a really nice shiraz in the fairtrade reds thats vegan and a white thats really nice, Il wait til I get a lift home from work as there is a co op off licence by work!

All Original Source bath products half price at Boots and some other stores
    holding onto the dream that we imagined and painted forever more: elvinridge.co.uk

I'll never by Original Source at over a pound. I don't really consider that to be a promotion... moreso a jacked up price temporarily gone down to an acceptable price... I say this because 99p stores and poundland offer Original Source shower gels and conditioners at 99p as the standard price... so at full price Supredrug, Boots and other stores must be making a whopping big profit..

Do the pound shops sell the new shave gels?
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

not as far as i'm aware. are they included in this current boots promo?

the pound shops round here never have the Original Source products i like they used to do a rose scented shampoo and conditioner which was lovely but i can't get it any more. i like the pear and avocado but can only get it full price in Boots.

helen105281

Quote Gorilla View Post
    the pound shops round here never have the Original Source products i like they used to do a rose scented shampoo and conditioner which was lovely but i can't get it any more. i like the pear and avocado but can only get it full price in Boots.
    Morrisons had the pear and avocado on offer the other week, think was BOGOF. Don;t know if you have one near you.

Quote hiddenfromview View Post
    not as far as i'm aware. are they [Original Source shave gels] included in this current boots promo?
    No, not in the few branches I've managed to spot them in. Not all stock them.

ETA Simple are on 3 for 2 on skincare and 2 for £2 on other stuff at Boots atm. Make sure you check the website (or the Simple thread on here) as a few items aren't vegan.

helen105281

Do they do women's shave gels? BB got the men's one in Sainsburys and he got the sensitive one so I could use it too, but a ladies one would smell nicer.

Quote helen105281 View Post
    Do they do women's shave gels? BB got the men's one in Sainsburys and he got the sensitive one so I could use it too, but a ladies one would smell nicer.
    I've only seen two, the sensitive one and a mint and tea tree one.

helen105281

Ah well I'll just have to keep stealing his then. Thanks

Morrisons had the pear and avocado on offer the other week, think was BOGOF. Don;t know if you have one near you.
    nope, no Morrisons anywhere near me unfortunately, thanks though.

I saw this item advertised on another forum - was in the telegraph today a full sized hand and body lotion normally £12 free but £2 postage costs, have googled it and checked and it says suitable for vegans

http://www.essential-care.co.uk/telegraph-1576-0.html

You can just get the free item, dont need to buy anyting else (not all the range is vegan)

The Tara Smith hair care range was discounted in Tesco yesterday.
    I had seen these products in The Vegan magazine but not seen them for sale before as I don't normally shop in Tesco. (Haven't tried them yet but they have the VS sunflower trademark.)

eta
    . . . get Tara Smith natural and organic hair products at Tesco or www.cultbeauty.co.uk - until March 4 the award-winning range is up for grabs with a 1/3 off the price (already a wallet-friendly £2.25 - £4.99) at Tesco.

I just use condtioner as a shave cream.
    it works really well, smells lovely and helps to use up all the conditioner i've bought that just makes my hair go limp and lifeless lol!
    holding onto the dream that we imagined and painted forever more: elvinridge.co.uk

helen105281

Wow that's a great idea, will try next time as I have loads of conditioner I don't use. Thanks for the tip

EDIT: Ended
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

99p store at Elephant & Castle (may apply to all 99p stores) had cases of apple chips, or snack packs of berries (20 packs) for...99p.

also had packs of jordans "natural" muesli. £2.99 in waitrose.

Bargin store B&M has large Kinnerton easter eggs with choc bar in for £1.99!

These are £6 - £8 elsewhere!!

Says vegan on the box

The store I went to was in Brierley Hill in the West Mids but think they are a chain?

BBE date of April 09

Cant find pic of egg/box but this is the choc bar with it.

yeh there are a lot around, mostly up north though but everywhere but the South!
    If I sink to the bottom I can run to the shore.

Just checked my receipt and it says Homes and bargins stores. Maybe the other store I mentioned was another one I went in yesterday?

Here's a store list: http://www.bmstores.co.uk/maps.htm

As bradders says, mainly for you peeps up t'north!

Was def the Homes and Bargins store the egg was from which I think is possibly different?

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it already but Morrisons have half price Cauldron Original Tofu at the moment for 54p a packet Ummm... I feel a tofu cheesecake on the weekend is called for.