Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Lemonade Diet

Default Re: The Lemonade Diet

I don't know anything about this diet/fast/whatever, but I have to say I think Mahk is performing a useful service by talking about the dangers of it.

It doesn't stop anyone from trying it if they want to, but surely it's always better to have as much information as possible before making a decision that may affect your health.

cobweb

yep, i don't always agree with Mahk but i have to say i am 100% with him on this one.

Me three.
    But then I'm not into fasting generally. I don't understand why people thinks its healthy to go without food. And it worries me that some people on this thread have said they could only manage a few days because they love eating. As though this was a bad thing!? Not being willing to go with out food for a 10 days is surely to be encouraged?
    And what happened to Healthy - she didn't say how it went for her?

cobweb

maybe it finished her off!

i don't see the merits of fasting either, personally if i wanted to clean my insides out i would stick to raw fruits and water only for a few days.

I have no problem with him providing info; on the contrary. I just don't think there's any need to be so supercilious about it.

I hope the monitors close this stupid f-ing thread. i'm so sick of it.
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

Hi Miss Bettie!! *wink* Missed you!

Cookey, I am here

Honestly, the Master Cleanse wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. Out of the 10 days I only felt amazing 1 day, and good for 2 other days. The rest of the time I was spacey and lethargic.

I think the Master Cleanse is great for some as I've seen it work miracles with other people. But it wasn't good for me. I lost too much weight and looked awful.

I'll never do it again.

I also went to a kineseologist who said my body didn't need a cleanse to begin with.

I wanted to embrace it, but it just didn't work.

Also had some back trouble after the cleanse. I never had back trouble in my life, I'm a yoga person. Not saying the Master Cleanse was to blame, perhaps it was just coincidence ... Also heard on a raw food board several years ago, if you have an appetite, you shouldn't be fasting. I always have an appetite. My metabolism is pretty darn fast.

Hope this helps, but I don't want to discourage others if they feel they need to try it.

And for those who are doing the cleanse and losing too much weight, it takes an entire month (or more) to gain the weight back. So don't do this if you don't need to lose weight. The first night I lost 3 pounds overnight!

Quote Healthy View Post
    Also heard on a raw food board several years ago, if you have an appetite, you shouldn't be fasting.
    Good to see you again, Healthy!

This is a good point, especially about fasting and sickness. If you have an appetite, you should eat. If you don't, you shouldn't force yourself to eat, unless it's too long. There's a reason your body has these alerts to tell you what you should be doing.

^ I agree. Thats why when most people are sick they aren't too hungry. could it be that their body doesn't want to put forth the energy to digest food when it should be really using the energy to make its self better? Could be...

Hey Sniveling! So good to see you again too.

It all makes sense in nature. Animals don't eat when they are sick.

I feel like I went against nature doing the Master Cleanse because the reality was I shouldn't have been fasting to begin with. .... Well, you live and learn.

Also afterwards, I tried doing a juice fast once a week. My body couldn't even deal with that, whereas others have said how wonderful it was. But give me just fruit for 10 days and it's a piece of cake

ya...food is nummy. i felt pretty good at the end of three days...buuut i like eating. i'm not sure if i could or would want to do it for 10 days...i think that eating raw also would give me the same effects.