Thread: World's Healthiest Foods

Default World's Healthiest Foods

http://www.whfoods.com/

Does anyone else use this website or know anything about it? I used to love it then I started putting all of my food into fitday and noticed that the nutritional values at fitday didn't even come close to the values at whfoods. Does anyone know if this site is basically just bunk?

sugarmouse

Default Re: World's Healthiest Foods

I do like that site and use it often.
    Its a good site for info,well run etc.I know it isnt particularly vegan orientated, but it functions for what it is and has some great advice on it for those who want to know xx

Thanks, I was hoping it was accurate!!

i use this site all the time. i think every site differs in regards to their nutritional information, but its all close enough anyways.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

I did a survey on that site to see if I was deficient in anything and I had to write that I ate meat and dairy as there was no other option. I put it down as less than one serving a week. When it came up it said I needed to eat calves liver and other animl things to get a better nutrient balance
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

lol. thats silly. its a really good site, but its too bad that a lot of good sites arent vegan friendly.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

I agree, that's crazy. I've never taken any of the surveys or anything, I've always just used it to read about all the extremely healthy fruits and veggies out there. It's the first site I go to when I start to notice that I'm not getting enough of a certain nutrient to see what "superfood" I can add to my diet.

Quote emzy1985 View Post
    I needed to eat calves liver and other animl things to get a better nutrient balance
    Ew...I'd stick with being nutrient deficient anyday! lol
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

I did that thing just to see, and got low on a few, because I said no meat, or dairy. lol
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

I tried it out too. The main things they said I needed to eat calves liver for was b12 and d. I'm good with nutritional yeast and the sun, no calves liver for me!!

And, why specifically calves liver for everyone? I find that really strange.

Quote HappyVegan View Post
    http://www.whfoods.com/

Does anyone else use this website or know anything about it? I used to love it then I started putting all of my food into fitday and noticed that the nutritional values at fitday didn't even come close to the values at whfoods. Does anyone know if this site is basically just bunk?
    One mans bunk is another man's truth. Facts are always changed as more information flows and depending on one's filters. Also with bio uniqueness, belief systems etc, comes variances in how things affect individuals. So broccoli will effect 2 people differently. Become your own master of discernment. There is no one truth....just coherency within your own paradigm. Sometimes it is shared within the collective conscious and sometimes it is not. Consensus reality. What a trip!