Thread: animal rights protests

Default animal rights protests

Western Australian authorities have raised concerns about animal rights extremists, who they say are becoming a danger to themselves and the industry. The Meat Industry Authority in WA says one of the state's main selling centres, the Midland saleyard, is becoming a regular target for protest action.

Chief executive Mike Donnelly says he's happy to debate animal welfare standards, but says some activists are taking their cause too far. "It's gone from a case where they were just coming along and just talking to us, to, we now find them in cattle pens with cattle, getting in front of ramps where trucks are backing back, quizzing truck drivers and staff and agents about what they're doing, where they're going, using recording like video and digital cameras to actually record animals and people going about their business."

I guess Mike Donnelly will have to get used to seeing them around!
    Eve

PinkFluffyCloud

I hate the way these people try to pat activists on the head, appearing wise and mature themselves by saying 'of course they are allowed their ideas as long as they don't go too far'. Arrgghhhh.................................