Thread: Label My Food - new campaign

Anthony Butcher

Smile Label My Food - new campaign

If you care about what goes into your food and where it comes from then Label My Food needs you.

Label My Food is an exciting new campaign encouraging restaurants, pubs, cafes and all other food outlets to dramatically improve the information they provide to customers on their menus.

Whether it is animal welfare, the environment, a food allergy, your religion or just a general interest in food that motivates you, please show your support. Vegans are very welcome.

If you would like to join or just find out more, please visit our website. Membership is completely free.

http://www.LabelMyFood.org.uk

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Default Re: Label My Food - new campaign

We need a movement like this in the US as well.

Post Re: Label My Food - new campaign

this is a great idea and I have registered. imagine a world where any restaurant or cafe you went into you could easily establish what was and wasn't vegan! and also what was/wasn't organic. let's hope this happens one day...

x x

Default Re: Label My Food - new campaign

http://www.labelmyfood.org.uk/label-my-leather.html

That's ridiculous - that is not truly about animal welfare! I understand that they mean that the animals should have a better life before being murdered for the shoes but cruelty is cruelty and murder is murder. I actually find this quite offensive - it's like choosing to be 1/4 aware instead of fully aware and saying that's OK but in this time and in this world it isn't OK to be ignorant anymore as there is so much at stake with the environment, society and culture etc.

I do like the idea of knowing what is in everything at cafes etc though. As a vegan with allergies that would be amazing. I have learnt NOT to trust a lot of the information that the staff provide as they don't know or don't understand.

We need this in Australia too.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot