Thread: Vegan clothing in Canada

Majentas

Default Vegan clothing in Canada

I have been searching the net, trying to find Vegan clothing IN CANADA. Does anyone know of any affordable, eco-friendly shops online? There are tons in the US that also, charge a ton for shipping.

Thanx for your help,

Majentas

Default Re: Clothing???

I suggest rawganique.com

treaclemine

Default Re: Clothing??? Vegan clothing in Canada

Does http://www.mec.ca/ certify anything as vegan?

I've shopped for vegan clothes in Canada. I don't get what you mean by "affordable & eco-friendly". Anywhere where you can find "affordable, eco-friendly" clothes will inevitably have some that is vegan friendly. What's more difficult is find clothes that fits your style and body.

If you want "eco-friendly", you can always buy patagonia, as that's available everywhere. It's just expensive, so you can alway find some used patagonia at goodwill.

I shop in Canadian malls and in Toronto when I travel over there. I don't see what's hard about finding vegan clothes in Canada. Perhaps more specifics might help.
    context is everything

Check out the Toronto Vegetarian Podcast at veg.ca/tvp !

EcoTribalVegan

If you want eco-friendly you can always buy second-hand clothes. Most are made from cotton or synthetics (polyester; although it's manufacture could be argued not to be eco-friendly) that are vegan. I had to buy a new belt (sadly the one I've had for years is leather) because of the weight I've lost since becoming vegan and got a cotton one from a Talize second-hand.

Default Re: Vegan clothing in Canada

i don't know about their shipping costs to canada, but Alternative Apparel makes organic tees with eco friendly dyes that fit nicely, look great & are super soft.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." —Margaret Mead