Thread: Ghana

Default Ghana

Hey all!

Anyone have any sage advice a/b eating vegan (ovo-vegetarian if necessary...) in Ghana?

Thanks!

(Also, note to mods: Why is "Africa" not on the travel list?)

Default Re: Ghana

It will come - but we normally create a subforum after we've had a number of members asking for it, or threads/posts about a given topic. The list of local forums isn't really a travel list, it's a list of... local forums. But we do have some posts about vegan, African food here and there. For ovo-vegetarian recipes, you have to look somewhere else...

Here are a few threads/lists containing info about vegan African food, one of these threads may contain recipes from Ghana...

Link: 74 Vegan African Recipes
    What can I eat in Marrakech?

A couple of veggie places are listed on Happycow

http://www.happycow.net/africa/ghana/index.html

so it's not completely unheard of! In fact there is, or was, a vegan society

http://www.ivu.org/veghana/

Perhaps you could try getting in touch with them if you don't find out what you want to know on here?

Thanks! By the way, the reason that I mentioned ovo-vegetarian for Ghana is b/c I realize that it might, in some of the more rural/areas that aren't Accra, it might be difficult to come by certain things and I might not have the luxury of selecting bread w/o eggs in it or something. Also, I think it's important to note that I am going on a school sanctioned trip so I will have limited choice in where we go to dine. I will certainly express that I would like to go somewere with vegetarian options, but I alreaady know that hardly anyone else on this trip is vegetarian. So if you are aware of places that offer food that falls into that category, I would appreciate the heads up. Thanks!!