Thread: New and looking for some help with foods

Psyche

Default New and looking for some help with foods

My diet and my son's diet is very restricted due to his food allergies. We are avoiding soy right now, as he seems to be reacting to that. Whole Foods is hit or miss at carrying Ricera (rice milk yogurt) and rice based vegan cheese. Can anyone direct me to an online store that sells these items? Or suggest any recipes for making my own rice milk yogurt?

I tried several months ago making my own from coconut milk but it had a little too much bite. Thanks!

Default Re: New and looking for some help with foods

I don't know of an online store, but I've seen a number of forums with threads about making alternatives to soy yoghurt. Someone had good results using a mixture of nut milks, I think. I don't know if that is of any use to you though.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Psyche

I'll check it out. I don't want to do any nuts as we are avoiding those due to the high allergen risk. Thanks for the response though

www.veganessentials.com seem to sell rice cheese on-line.

I hadn't heard of the rice yogurt but maybe you could contact the manufacturer and ask if they sell through any on-line stores? Or have you tried asking the Whole Foods management to order it in specially for you?

If you type

rice milk yogurt recipe

into Google you'll find some discussion of whether it's possible to make your own but it isn't that encouraging, I'm afraid.

Psyche

Thank you. Yes, according to Ricera's website, WF does carry it. I was just there and they don't. I even told WF that I would buy a case of it. There is another WF in my area, so maybe I'll check them out. Otherwise, I have to go to a co-op on the opposite side of the state. Which, I'm willing to do if I cannot make it. I guess I could add some sweetener to the coconut milk yogurt and fruit may make it better.