Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Veganomicon

Default Re: Veganomicon

I got my copy for Christmas. I just made the first recipe, Snobby Joes. I was a little skeptical about lentils (don't cook with those too often!) but they turned out really well!!

Quote Wildflower View Post
    This is the new cookbook by the Post Punk Kitchen girls, Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero. Their other cookbooks were Vegan With a Vengance and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World!

Just got it today - it's a HUGE hardcover cookbook - full of all sorts of recipe catagories - lowfat, quick meals, one pot, soups, casseroles, beans, tofu/tempeh, soy free, desserts, cakes, bars, etc.

Any reviews yet?

http://www.theppk.com/nomicon.html
    About what percentage of the recipes are soy free? I'd be interested but I avoid soy as most of it is genetically modified, so I'd want at least half the recipes to be soy free to consider buying it.

Thank you

From what I can remember quite a lot are soy free (I can recommend the chickpeas romesco), if you have a look at the index on amazon "look inside" you can see what the recipes are like:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veganomicon-...9205826&sr=8-1

Quote veganeater View Post
    About what percentage of the recipes are soy free? .... I'd want at least half the recipes to be soy free to consider buying it.
    Hi Veganeater!

I'm looking at my copy of Veganomicon here, at the back there is an index that lists the receipes by icon: 'soya-free', 'gluten-free', 'low-fat', 'under 45 mins' and 'supermarket friendly'.

There are 123 recipes listed as 'soya-free', so that is approximately half of the recipes (there are 250 recipes). And I'm sure some of the other half can be adapted to be soya-free if you wish.
    Houmous atá ann!

I just made the herb scalloped potatoes. They are delicious! However, I may have cooked them too long because they weren't as creamy as they seemed they would be when I put them in the oven. The spices and garlic was really nice.. But I used one less clove of garlic just in case it was going to taste overpowering.