Thread: vegan super living expo in Melbourne

Thumbs up vegan super living expo in Melbourne

The Super Living Expo (formerly the Cruelty Free Lifestyle Expo) started in 2002. As Australia's first vegan expo, it continues to be unique; offering stalls, free workshops and talks, live music and a huge raffle. The Expo is for everyone interested in maintaining or exploring vegan living. Run entirely by volunteers this event combines fun and facts through showcasing businessess selling vegan products, not-for-profit groups, campaigns and presentations.

It's on Sun 24 Feb at the Northcote Town Hall, $5 entry or $10 to get a green showbag of vegan goodies, children free.

Check out their website at http://www.superlivingexpo.org.au/whoarewe.html

Lucky Melburnians!
    Eve

Default Re: vegan super living expo in Melbourne

I so wish that we had one of those up here!
    Makes me wish that I still lived in Melbourne

I'M going this Sunday

I went for the first time this year and have to say it didn't impress me.

There weren't any businesses or services there that I wasn't already aware of, the entertainment didn't appeal to me either so felt a bit jipped at being charged an entry fee! My partner and I stayed for about 30 minutes, waited for something interesting to happen and then left to get hot chocs at Coco Loco. If I wasn't already vegan I would have found the whole thing rather dull to be honest

Maybe it was targetted to a younger crowd - but I like to think I'm not that old yet!

They did have a fabulous chai/coffee van however!

There's something interesting going on from the vegan bookpublishers etc, known as aduki. Looks really interesting:
    http://webmail.tadaustconnect.org.au....php?index=394
    Eve

Quote Tangerine Dream View Post
    I went for the first time this year and have to say it didn't impress me.

There weren't any businesses or services there that I wasn't already aware of, the entertainment didn't appeal to me either so felt a bit jipped at being charged an entry fee! My partner and I stayed for about 30 minutes, waited for something interesting to happen and then left to get hot chocs at Coco Loco. If I wasn't already vegan I would have found the whole thing rather dull to be honest

Maybe it was targetted to a younger crowd - but I like to think I'm not that old yet!

They did have a fabulous chai/coffee van however!
    That's a shame. I went and really enjoyed it. I love getting about and chatting to the people behind the stalls who I often buy from online. There were lots of people there who seemed to enjoy the day. I love signing petitions also and every year I buy a couple of new tshirts. I don't mind paying the entry fee, it gives me a showbag with lots of info to pass on and goes to a good cause. Just seeing all the people interested in the cruelty free day is heartening.

Quote eve View Post
    There's something interesting going on from the vegan bookpublishers etc, known as aduki. Looks really interesting:
    http://webmail.tadaustconnect.org.au....php?index=394
    The address won't let me in??

Eve - it comes up as a webmail page for me. Could you check the web address again please?

I agree, treehugga, and don't mean to sound like such a downer

I just see a problem with charging an admission fee to things like the Super Living Festival as it might discourage non-vegan types from coming. There were lots of people who walked past the venue on the day and might have been vaguely interested in the festival or music, saw it cost $5 to enter and then decided not to bother. I also thought there would be more choice for food (and really, that's what I go to these things for!), but they only seemed to have Enlightened Cuisine - which I love anyway so didn't really mind, but the line-up was soooooo loooong.

It certainly is wonderful to have a celebration of all things vegan though once in a while - I guess I just expected it to be really SUPER, like the name suggested :P

Did anyone here attend the Sustainable Living Festival last Feb also? There was a burger place set up there called Jerry's Vegie Burgers (or something like that) which had the most amazing lentil burgers!

Aw, missed it.Didn't see anything about it in the papers. Darn thing happened 2 days before I went vegan. Oh well, there's always next year!