Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart of England Vegan Festival 2005

Thanks, have just e-mailed Realfood, will wait and see what they come up with. Thanks again
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

I'm interested in going. Any tips on places to stay in the Birmingham area?

Hello Libby, Mary and Neil of Realfood are the peeps to contact regarding accomodation for the Heart of England Vegan Festival. Email em.

Or maybe some luvly veganforumer will offer a patch of floor to kip on.

Hope to see you at the Heart of England Vegan Festival.

gert did u get my text message?
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

Quote Poison Ivy
    Boo!! So many VF'ers going and I don't think I can go (its sandwiched inbetween my daughters birthday and Green Day at Milton Keynes - so pennies will probably too scarce for a trip to Brum!)
    Ah Poo!! Checked the dates as its been bothering me all afternoon, Green Day at Milton Keynes Bowl is on 18 June (not 25th as I originally thought) - so Heart of England Vegan Festival is definitely out for me this year
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Bit of a bummer PI.

Realfood who are organising the Heart of England Vegan Festival plan to do vegan festivals in Manchester one year, Birmingham the next. So next year they'll be closer to you.

If theres a Vegan fayre or fest going on somewhere in the UK, watch this space, as someone will start a thread about it.

Quote Fruitbat
    I plan to go!!! In fact I plan to stay in the UK explicitely because of it! There is a chance I may be helping out at the Vegan Buddy stall.
    I'll join the queue of veganforumers who previously posted on a certain other forum, to meet the elusive fruitbat at the Heart of England Vegan Festival then.

Kevster

ooohhhhhh i may have a clash....

Hiya, bit slow on this forum. Have been talking about vegan festie on a certain other forum, where Gertvegan and Fruitbat hang out too Just to say that I'll definitely be going. I've got a stall there too, selling Billy's Vegan Gourmet Dog Biscuits to the canine loving masses (or those who just fancy a crunchy nibble ) in aid of Tower Hill Stables. So come down y'all, your doggie companions wouldn't want you to miss this!

See ya there!
    Billy
    please grant me the senility to forget about people I never liked anyway

Realfood will be putting up phone numbers of people arranging transport to the The Heart of England Vegan Festival on their website in a couple of weeks. Anybody who is able to sort out car shares, mini buses, or anything of that ilk, please let them know.

Default From Realfood Mary

Just to let folks know that the Vegan Society have agreed to be our major sponsor, and are having a double stall near the entrance, if anyone wants to go and see what they are about. Also, we have another caterer, doing organic main meals - vegan lasagnes have been mentioned! - plus juices and whole fruit smoothies (Rooty Frooty from Brum, well worth it.)

Vegan Lasgne, oh my, I could die that day and go to heaven. My nickname at work is Garfield, 2 reasons one is the love of lasgne and the other I consider myself to be short fat and cynical.
    Lasgne ummmmmm.
    Come to the darkside, we have cookies!

Quote boomer
    Vegan Lasgne, oh my, I could die that day and go to heaven. My nickname at work is Garfield, 2 reasons one is the love of lasgne and the other I consider myself to be short fat and cynical.
    Lasgne ummmmmm.
    If you ever have a visit to NYC area, let me know and I'll whip up a tray of my spinach lasagne, it's fantastic . You can gave the entire tray Garfield .

Oh no, I posted in the UK forum..blimey!! Bad American!!

Quote feline01
    If you ever have a visit to NYC area, let me know and I'll whip up a tray of my spinach lasagne, it's fantastic . You can gave the entire tray Garfield .

Oh no, I posted in the UK forum..blimey!! Bad American!!

Cheers love you soooo much for that...

ps not bad just a tad naughty
    Come to the darkside, we have cookies!

Default Transport update from Mary

We are starting to put together details on the site of people arranging transport from around the UK. If any of you want to travel down either car sharing, or in mini buses etc check the site first, HERE , and if your area is not covered get in touch with us. If you want to organise transport, then go ahead and do it for us - we will stick up contact details for it.

The transport page will be constantly changing.

drummer

Wow, there is nothing for vegans in Aus, it makes me sad. Perhaps I should start my own festival...Wish I lived in England....

PinkFluffyCloud

Why don't you start your own group/festival/camp, etc??????

jhodgski

I'll be there.

Not just going for the vegan side of things, but this sounds like a good opportunity to develop that brummie accent I've always wanted!

PinkFluffyCloud

Would that be to replace an 'Uddersfield accent, then?

jhodgski

'Aye... 'appen thee's right, lass!

(How can you tell?! )

PinkFluffyCloud

Look forward to meeting you at t'Vegan Festival, we'll get 'em to put t'Kettle on while we 'ave a natter, eh?

jhodgski

Depends. Is it Yorkshire Tea?!

PinkFluffyCloud

He-He, I used to love Yorkshire Tea! I am caffeine-free these days!!

Default I scream for ice cream

More news from Realfood Mary.

We now have FIRST FOODS doing vegan ice cream (giving out free samples!) and strawberries and creem. We also have SMITHFIELD'S WINE running a stall - they have a wide selection of vegan wine. And we have Woodland Folks running the creche where the kids will eat icecream, and try not to die laughing at the stand up comedian. Keep your eyes out for him - he will be wandering through the venue, trying to make you laugh.

PinkFluffyCloud

Mmmmm, Strawberries and Creem!

Geoff

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    Would that be to replace an 'Uddersfield accent, then?
    There was a man from Huddersfield,
    Who had a cow that wouldn't yield.
    The reason why it wouldn't yield?
    It didn't like it's udders feeled.

PinkFluffyCloud

Thanks for that, then, our Geoffrey!

Geoff

Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs!

Can anyone from Northern England explain what the hell that means?

tails4wagging

Geoff, love the poem!!.

That saying is to show amazement and surprise, don't know where it is from but it is the same as 'I'll be jiggered!'. Whats a jigger and is it painful to have one!!!???

Geoff

Yeah. I know what it means, but what does it MEAN? Why would someone go to the foot of the stairs because they're surprised?
    Words like 'jiggered' are used in preference to being rude by saying 'buggered' There are lots of them, like 'heck' instead of 'hell'

Default Please please please

Please try and keep the thread on topic peeps. Mary and Neil from Realfood are putting a lot of effort into organising what will be one of the biggest vegan events of the year. For that reason, I'd like the fest info in the thread to be as readible as possible, without having to read too many off topic posts. Thankyou's. Any questions, do pm me.

Heres some info from the www.veganfestivals.org.uk website, about performers, if you haven't checked it out already.

Ronny well known cook on the vegan circuit will be running a cookery demonstration on the main stage, showing how easy it is to cook top vegan food.

Amanda from Mmmm... Yummy Cakes will be showing how easy it is to cook a tasty vegan sponge cake ( dairy and egg free, no cholesterol no satuated fat!).

Rubber Ritchie Contortionist available for meet and greet, stage performance for television, corporate events, festivals and clubs.

There will be a strong person contest (fun) not serious on the stage during the day - full details to be worked out.

There will be a Karate Kata display by Thomas Charles Duke a vegan martial artist, of Zanshin Kai Wado Ryu

Steve Cooling will be putting on an exhibition of Tai Chi , followed by a workshop for new people to try it out. He demonstrates the martial applications as well as the self help and healing forms. See Steve's website.

All the performers are vegans and along with the vegan fitness stand, vegan bodybuilders and the vegan running group are at the festival to show people that you can adopt a vegan lifestyle and more than match any one on a meat eating diet.

Geoff

Quote gertvegan
    [b]Please try and keep the thread on topic peeps
    Roger Wilco. Your wish is my will, O Great One.

Is this going to be a regular (annual) event? If it is, and I feel like visiting the UK, I'd make sure that I came when it's on.

tails4wagging

I will be going, where is everybody meeting up??.

Look forward to it greatly, I intend to spend lots of dosh!!!!.

geoff you are invited I am sure. .

Has anyone read mary's book 'The Mothercage'?. Very good.

Quote Geoff
    Is this going to be a regular (annual) event? If it is, and I feel like visiting the UK, I'd make sure that I came when it's on.
    The Heart of England and North of England (Manchester) are being held on alternate years, The London Vegan Festival is in september, the Bristol Vegan Fayre (2004 being the worlds biggest) at the end of October, and the Christmas Without Cruelty Fayre in December, are all annual events, possibly the East Midlands (Nottingham) Vegan Festival will be also.

As those vegan times change, there will be more springing up here and there, and all potential vegan forum meet ups. Watch this space.

Quote tails4wagging
    I will be going, where is everybody meeting up??.
    Previously most of those that have gone, have swapped mobile numbers nearer the time, and then we text each other when we arrive. You know what that gorilla looks like, and we all know what you look like now, so we'll all meet up sometime at the fest. We can sort this out nearer the time when a stall layout/programme is available perhaps. Or maybe all swarm around Billy's stall at a certain time.

Magpie House will be launching at least one new book at the festival. One of the books definitely confirmed for publication is 'Compassionate Kids - Raising kids the vegan way' . The authors, Jacqulyn and Helen, will be signing the book on the day.

Default More From Realfood

Some really good news for all food fans. Pogo, a vegan cafe from London, are going to be one of the caterers at the festival. Having had their sushi and gluten free chocolate cake I can safely say, you will all enjoy your yum yums. Haven't had time to update the website yet, but the address is www.pogocafe.co.uk

drummer

Does anyone here know who the organisers of this festival are?! If I could start a festival in Aus it would make living here a bit better...You can laugh at me if you want but I'm leaving the country in a few years...

drummer

omg I can't believe I was that stupid.

drummer

That's what I get for being a drummer.

Quote vegan_drummer
    Does anyone here know who the organisers of this festival are?
    The organisers of the Heart of England Vegan Festival 2005 are Realfood .

PinkFluffyCloud

Er, I won't be going to the meet-up, now, but have lots of fun, everyone, I hope it's a great success.

Ah is is that bad in Oz for vegans drummer boy? Shame cos I always kinda thought Id move to Oz one day.
    hopefully will be at the festival with my mum, I'm really looking forward to it. hopefully will be there at the right time to meet you guys too. I went to the festival in nottingham before christmas an fealt ike I was in heaven, and this one looks even bigger and better. Wahoo I say! Shame that you cannot make it though PFC
    www.myspace.com/natureworks1

dont know why I wrote "drummer boy" sorry damn my stereotyping, just has a nice ring to it. d'oh
    www.myspace.com/natureworks1

Default New (ish) vegan and to forum in Birmingham

Very exited by the thought of this gathering...went to the recent Viva roadshow and had fun, so this should be even better! I'd love to meet up with some other local vegans, if possible...and I have a guest bed if anyone needs a place to doss... (it's a fold out double, so I could manage 2 if they were friendly )

Hello Bittersweet, it'll be great to meet you, enjoy the forum
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Quote bittersweet
    and I have a guest bed if anyone needs a place to doss... (it's a fold out double, so I could manage 2 if they were friendly )
    i'm game... anyone want the other half?

jus' kiddin'

Quote Tofu Monster
    i'm game... anyone want the other half?
    Yes! Yes! A million times yes!

Quote Tofu Monster
    jus' kiddin'
    Oh.
    I bet Yoda was a vegan

Quote Cloudy
    Yes! Yes! A million times yes!

Oh.

LOL

I am not 100% vegan yet.Hope i will be by the time june 18th comes round.
    I will be there anyway..
    I dont have any excuses really tho do i as i am a brummie!