Thread: Milk, Skin and Acne

PinkFluffyCloud

Default Milk, Skin and Acne

Something interesting has happened to my hand!!
    I recently ran out of my usual handwash - I went to the cupboard where I normally keep a spare, and all I found was a very old tub of handwash. I noticed it was supposed to be for 'very dry skin', which is what I have on my hands, so I opened it.
    After a few days' use, I noticed a really dry, itchy patch on my hand, which was cracking and starting to bleed.
    I wondered what I had been using, and remembered the handwash. Upon inspection I noticed it was made with 'Chamomile and Milk' - ugh!!

Have now bought some 'proper' handwash - hey Presto, my skin is back to normal!!

Ew - I wonder if the pus was eating through your skin. Yuck. Imagine what it does to people with acid reflux.

PinkFluffyCloud

Eww, Artichoke - I feel like chopping off my hand, now!!

I have allergies to milk, so when I was still consuming it (before I knew about my allergy or before I became vegan), I would get bumps all over my skin. I wonder if maybe you have developed an allergy to it, but it's irrelevant because you don't eat it anymore???

Oh, and hi Artichoke47. Remember me? I found this board on a google search and was pleasantly surprised to see you here. I have some things I'd like to ask you. Send me an e-mail if you want.

PinkFluffyCloud

Yes, on reflection I did used to get much drier skin when I used dairy products, plus terrible sinus problems which are much better now, so maybe I was intolerant but didn't realise?

Quote violet
    Oh, and hi Artichoke47. Remember me? I found this board on a google search and was pleasantly surprised to see you here. I have some things I'd like to ask you. Send me an e-mail if you want.
    Hey! I sent you an email! Great to have you on here!

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    Yes, on reflection I did used to get much drier skin when I used dairy products, plus terrible sinus problems which are much better now, so maybe I was intolerant but didn't realise?
    Yeah, those are definitely signs of an allergy, not an intolerance. An intolerance would only affect your ability to digest the food, but an allergy (particularly dairy) manifests itself in the skin and sinuses. I have on occasion eaten dairy by accident and it always gets me in the sinuses. Ugh!

PinkFluffyCloud

I remember asking my doctor whether my sinus problems (which were always turning into infections) were related to dairy consumption, and was given a very firm 'no'.
    But the more i think about it, the more sure I become.
    I am ultra-sensitive to dust, too, but all I have to do now is wash out my nose after dusting, etc, and I am fine. Before, I was on nasal sprays and sometimes antibiotics - none of these now used atall!!

i used to get a weird itchy rash on my legs, and my doctor had no idea what it could be - i decided to start reducing my milk consumption and it went away! i only started getting the rash when i was about 20 years old, so maybe an allergy had built up over the years. maybe it was a coincidence but who cares!
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    I remember asking my doctor whether my sinus problems (which were always turning into infections) were related to dairy consumption, and was given a very firm 'no'.
    Well, obviously your doctor didn't want to alarm you because you couldn't possibly get enough calcium in your diet without dairy!

I used to get pimply-type bumps on my face very often when I would consume milk. Also, dairy products (particularly dairy icecream) gave me terrible bloating and gas.

i always got rashes from eating dairy. ive always had an egg and dairy allergy. (too bad the symptoms of eating meat arent known as a meat allergy yet! people just think its normal to have aches and pains and whatnot. i contribute it to the eating of corpse!)
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Arrow

Me too! Hey, this is my first post on this board...although I've been lurking for a bit. Yes, I just have to say that I, too, developed this odd rash which I am CONVINCED was due to drinking milk and consuming dairy. I am vegetarian, but still ate dairy up until a little while ago (I desperately wanted to give up dairy before then, but I had a struggle when it came to giving up cheese!). Starting last year, I started to get rashes all over my legs. The rash eventually migrated up to my face. My face was itchy, hot, and I had these bumpy, itchy patches all along my jaw and up around my cheeks. My rashese were so bad that I actually thought I might have lupus! Went to my doctor, a dermatologist, who could not find anything wrong but agreed that my rashes looked odd. Finally, I cut out the dairy and haven't had a problem since.

Default Possible link between milk and acne