Thread: Another Dinner is Possible

treaclemine

Default Another Dinner is Possible

"More than just a vegan cookbook" - Reports?

http://www.eco-action.org/teapot/anotherdinner.htm

Default Re: Another Dinner is Possible

That looks like an awesome cookbook. I'm intrigued.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Looks pretty interesting to me, too.

I've had the pleasure of being fed by the Anarchist Teapot, and it was really good stuff. I'm not sure how you actually buy it, though
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

I bought this book from the Vegan Society, by mail order, and it is my absolute favourite. Because the anarchist teapot is non profit making, its cheap too. My husband, a non-vegan, enjoys using it more than our other books (and does something from it every Wednesday, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow). Something about it is welcoming and approachable. Our favourite so far is the sweet potato and peanut stew, but last weeks Bean and Apple stew was pretty good. It contains much, much more than just stew - I think we've had a lot of stew lately because it just feels like stewy weather (ie; cold wet and windy!)
    I gave this book as a present to someone else, and she loves it now too. And non-vegan friends have borrowed it.

cobweb

it is excellent, i bought it from the vegan society, too.

i did actually sell my copy on amazon because despite the fact that i have bought a few cookbooks i never actually use them for cookery! . I would say that if you do, though, you'll like this one.

I bought it in Waterstones in Brighton a few months ago.
    It's a really good book
    here comes the sun

I just made the Goulash, its brilliant. Probably one the best recipes that I have made from a cookbook

hedgehoglovely

I made the no-bake lemon cheesecake from this a while ago and it was lovely. Probably my favourite cookbook.

Does anyone know if I can get this book in the States?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Quote Glory View Post
    Does anyone know if I can get this book in the States?
    Yep: http://www.amazon.com/Another-Dinner...5628064&sr=8-1

ADiP is my favourite cook book, and I have quite a few, it's good because a lot of the recipes are fairly simple and easy to add to/modify. There's so much great stuff after the recipes, eg articles about food production, growing veg. etc.
    The sponge cake in it always goes down really well with vegans and non-vegans alike, and I have an omni friend who I make the ADiP flapjacks for and he LOVES them!!!
    My bf also really likes it and uses it quite a bit, especially for the roast it has where it has several columns, and you can pick from a variety of things in each column, think it is originally a 7th Day Adventist recipe.
    http://veganchefsteph.blogspot.co.uk/ http://yo-yo-itfinallyhappened.blogspot.co.uk/
    vegan love to all! *^-^*

I have cooked a couple of things from ADIP this week:

Goulash (I used Chestnuts instead of soya chunk but it was as tasty as usual):

Borlotti Bean Stew - This was really nice but I accidentally used Thyme instead of Rosemary, I also added into this serving some potato & a Redwood facon wrapped sausage:

Mushroom, Lentil & Nut Burger - This was delicious, I used a bit too much water so it fell apart but it was really good. I will definitely be making it again (maybe as a haggis in future though):

Quote Firestorm View Post
    I have cooked a couple of things from ADIP this week:

Goulash (I used Chestnuts instead of soya chunk but it was as tasty as usual):

Borlotti Bean Stew - This was really nice but I accidentally used Thyme instead of Rosemary, I also added into this serving some potato & a Redwood facon wrapped sausage:

Mushroom, Lentil & Nut Burger - This was delicious, I used a bit too much water so it fell apart but it was really good. I will definitely be making it again (maybe as a haggis in future though):
    YUM! burger looks really nice. I made their orange sponge cake last night! The sponge is so moist and tasty...
    http://veganchefsteph.blogspot.co.uk/ http://yo-yo-itfinallyhappened.blogspot.co.uk/
    vegan love to all! *^-^*

I bought ADiP when I first started thinking about veganism in 2008 and it pretty much cemented my decision. I sort of use it as my 'everyday' cookbook, with the Veganomicon and Vegan with a Vengeance reserved for when I want something a bit fancier.

My favourite is the Greek Beans recipe because it's so simple and tasty. Also, I like the scrambled tofu recipe in ADiP more than most others I've tried. The only burger recipe I've given a go so far is the one with kidney beans and rice, which turned out a bit weird, but the one in your picture looks great, Andy, so perhaps I'll give that a try.

But the cakes...oh my word, the cakes... Actually, they haven't universally been a success for me, though the basic sponge template that they have in there is great. I have to say, though, my general health has probably declined a little since I realised that if I want chocolate brownies I can just make them.
    "Eventually, I realised that the reason I was so angry was because I want people in the world to be well." - Ian MacKaye

The pictures are beautiful - THANKS! The book is available online at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Another-Dinner.../dp/1904859992
    For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.” Pythagoras

Quote Wraithling View Post
    but the one in your picture looks great, Andy, so perhaps I'll give that a try.
    Who's Andy?