Thread: I have an Oil Allergy.....I'll tell you what this means!!!!

Default I have an Oil Allergy.....I'll tell you what this means!!!!

Oil Allergy.....I'll tell you what this means!!!!

Shopping is a lot harder!!!!!

No Chips
    No Scheeze
    No fake/mock meats
    No crisps
    No Margerine

Well, the list goes on and on.......and then theres cooking the dammed dinners. Being a househusband I do 90% of all the meals, and i hate cooking ........Lifes a bitch so while I do lovely roasts and the occasional fry ups for my wife and son I settle for dry roasted or sandwiches.......

Talking of sandwiches, I can't believe how hard it is to find oil-free bread........ohhh....moan moan moan.........( btw some braces bread have whey ) ........and I do make my own ...sometimes

...........So back to cooking. My wife has just got a deep fat fryer

..........Its not enough just to check labels for animal products,,,it takes me hours to shop now. I 've got a pretty poor memory too so while I remember the few things I can eat I still end up rechecking the labels for oil ........and even if my memory was good I would still have to check the labels every time.....Bread is the worst, a lot of the major supermarket chains in the uk stock an oil free bread at some time or other......but they keep on changing and unchanging their recipies.

I can have tempeh rashers though!!!! but trouble is no one stocks them around here

So, I have just ordered a soya milk maker and intend to make my own soya savouries...........I might start to enjoy cooking a bit!!!

Let me know if any of your processed vegan food is oil/fat free please.....

ConsciousCuisine

Please explain how you know you have an "oil allergy'...

On the up side, all whole foods are healthier than processed ones...

On the downside basically all foods contain oil! (naturally occurring fats etc.)

???

Hi CC,

It took around 20years of debilitating headaches and other health problems and hospitalization ( where no explanations for my problems came to light ). I've been tested for everything it seems!!!, had lumbar punctures, every kind of scan going and not a whiff of the problem.

I also have had extensive homeopathy and other like natural treatments.

It was a process of elimination and it was 5 years ago that my wife and I identified it as a negative reaction to oil/fat.

There have been a dozen or more occasions since that I have suffered severe reactions and every time found that a product eaten contained some form of oil.

You ask about the types of oil really......its any processed oil/margerine/vegetable fat. its also any foods high in fat like nuts/olives etc.

I do however take my diets seriously and know i can eat small amounts of natural oil and make sure I do......soya milk, avocados or 5 olives I'm ok with....

what I really meant to ask by starting this thread iwas if anybody else had a similar reaction to oil................

Andy

ConsciousCuisine

I get blinding headaches when I eat cooked, processed or altered oils and fats.

I understand.

Good oils in moderation are okay for me though, like Udo's Choice, extra virgin coconut oil/flax/hemp/ etc. as long as they are Organic, cold-pressed, extra virgin and so on...

Wow....is there a similarity??.....I suffer from the most horrendous headache, can't watch tv read or do anything except lie in bed with my eyes shut.....but not falling asleep( well only very rarely ).....but I can time he relief.....approx 16:30pm the next day.......that isn't the end though cause I'm debilitated for at least 30hrs after....

Interesting about cold pressed etc....... yet its like playing a mini version of russian roulette.......I daren't .....dare i??.........

Thks for your reply........try looking up oil allergy on google................nowt...........come to veganforum yeh!!!

The only oil that I ingest is a dessertspooful of flaxseed oil that I put into my vegetable juice. I check the ingredients listing of foodstuffs, but avoid anything that refers to vegetable oil, as it is probably rapeseed. But then I do eat nuts, tahini, avocados, etc. But thankfully there doesn't appear to be any allergies as I've never had a headache.
    Eve