Thread: Crazy cooked carb cravings

Default Crazy cooked carb cravings

Oy, so after 3 days of being raw (and raw the right way as in lots of different foods from 3 different raw cookbooks as opposed to I could only find 3 different kinds of fruit to eat while I was in Italy) I feel like I'm going to go insane if I don't eat some noodles. Will this go away (because it's a normal part of the getting used to being raw) or does it mean I'm not getting enough of something?
    Check out the Toronto Vegetarian Podcast at veg.ca/tvp !

Default Re: Crazy cooked carb cravings

I think its normal. I remember times in the past when I've been eating raw and having big cravings for starchy cooked stuff, not really sure if it means you're not getting enough of something, but it sounds like you're eating a variety of different things so you're probably ok? Hope the cravings pass soon!
    "On the dance-floor I am a world class freak... Its the beat"

ps my solution was to eat more as well
    "On the dance-floor I am a world class freak... Its the beat"

I tried eating more but it just wasn't working...so I've been eating raw for breakfast, either raw or cooked for lunch, and cooked for dinner. I feel a lot better but I suspect it would be easier to be entirely raw when it's warmer out - I'm not sure it's coincidence that my cooked carb cravings started when the temperature dropped below -10C here.

I've been reading "The Raw Food Detox Diet" by Natalia Rose and she advocates taking Raw in steps, starting at level 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 being all Raw.

The higher up steps are for ppl who have been eating standard diets incl. losts of junk and animal products whereas for someone who is a pretty healthy vegan 2 is pretty good and then you can work your way to 1.

She advocates eating raw until dinner if that's what you need to get you into raw eating. Eating your cooked meal last thing in the day means that your body has time to digest it over night without you putting any more raw fruit or veg on top that would ferment because it would digest quicker than a cooked meal.

I think the more raw you eat, the less you will want cooked food. I have only been raw 6 weeks and at first I would still eat cooked if a. I was too lazy to organise something raw or b. still felt like I had to limit what I was eating, so I would eat one banana or one mango and think that was enough, when really if I felt like eating six, I could and should have. Having lots of fruit at home helps and I bring extra to work so I am not tempted to eat something else.

On the days when I am all raw I feel fantastic. I ate some cooked for lunch on Weds and felt a bit meh yesterday and I snuck a few corn chips when my bf made his nachos last night and I feel meh today w/ a sore throat. Hopefully that's just detox.

I didn't feel any better eating raw to be honest. The other problem is that I don't like fruit a lot, but more importantly if I eat much fruit I get yeast infections. In fact, eating raw for only 3 days gave me a really bad one. So I'm not sure I'm made for it regardless of weather.

Hmm, I have read a lot about Candida, as I had it too (we all do) and it's not the fruit that's the problem, it's eating fats w/ fruits. It's a really bad combination for you to digest.

I think you could benefit from taking a look @ www.raw-pleasure.com.au and reading some of the threads about Candida.

I Googled Raw Food Diet & Candida:

http://www.livingfoodsinstitute.com/article5.htm

http://www.besthealth.com.au/Candidaarticle.html

http://www.shazzie.com/raw/transformation/christy.shtml

http://www.rawguru.com/i6.html