I looked for a forum for Argentina, but I guess South/North America is closest. I hope someone can answer this. Several years ago my mother-in-law returned home (in Los Angeles, California) from a trip to Buenos Aires, Argentina and she knew that her son and I had been vegetarian for many years so she was so excited and couldn't wait to share the news that she knew we could appreciate. She told us that health food stores in Buenos Aires are completely 100% vegetarian and sell zero meat - zilch, none, nada. When she told us this, my skeptical cynicism kicked in and I "burrowed" my eyebrows, if that's correct word, and I looked at her like she was nuts! I then looked at my husband and laughed and I said, "um, pardon me, but with all due respect, yeah right! You're kidding, right?! No meat, zero? Are you telling me that the health food stores in Buenos Aires sell zero meat - no chicken, no fish, no meat flesh foods at all? None?!" She grinned and nodded and "insisted" that what she was saying was true and correct.

I want so much to believe her, but considering the fact that there are zero health food stores in the U.S. that sell 100% vegetarian foods and sell zero meat - fish, chicken, and all meat foods - and Argentina has a very large carnivorous population and they sell and produce a lot of meat, it is very difficult for me to believe what she told me.

I think, forgive me if I'm mistaken here. If there is indeed a health food store in the U.S. that is indeed vegetarian and sells and serves zero meat, no flesh food whatsoever, Please please please tell me! I'd be delighted and happy to check out this wonderful store. While I have not been to every city and state in the U.S., I've been to many health food stores none of them were vegetarian. I'm only speaking now about states on this side of the ocean. I'm not including those states that are annexed, so Down to Earth in Maui, Hawaii doesn't count. Part of the reason I'm so emphatic and emotional and passionate about this is because my husband and I have had to endure 5+ years in this stupid state of Florida in the Deep South and Florida is the 2nd largest beef-producing state in the USA and vegetarians (let alone vegans) are such a minority, it's sad and horrible! Please share any information you know and have. Thank you.