Thread: Whitewave sells dairy!? OMG, Please say it isn't so!

Question Whitewave sells dairy!? OMG, Please say it isn't so!

I know a similar thread like this was started elsewhere and I just read part of it, but to be honest, it seems that I'm going to have to sift through a lot of posts to find the important urgent answer I need and I'm not certain that I'll even actually find it. A vegan friend who recently passed - we really miss him - told my husband and me that Whitewave is now owned by a huge conglomerate corporate that manufactures dairy. I didn't want to believe it and I was horrified by the possibility, but then I just now visited the whitewave website and I actually saw promotions for Hershey, Land'o'Lakes and a couple other unhealthy yucky dairy product companies!!! Ack! Ack! Ack! OMG! What the heck is going on here!? Whitewave doesn't actually manufacture dairy products, so they??? I'm going to try to find some information on my own, but knowing how corporates are, I know it could be an exhausting time waster and that's not good! Political and social and environmental causes and activism is important to me, but to be honest, my main concern is my health. We've been drinking soymilk, specifically Whitewave for more than 10 years and I've been a strict vegan for 10+ years because I have trusted Whitewave. It's a wonderful, delicious, healthy soymilk and we've both enjoyed the Whitewave soymilk for many years. I'm not sure what I'll do if I find out that Whitewave does in fact sell dairy, but I want to know that at least the soymilk is indeed soymilk and is 100% dairy-free. I know that some companies process dairy milk and soy milk on the same machines and facilities so I'm painfully aware of that. Ugh! I am so fed up with this corporate toxic world! *crying* Please help. Thank you for listening.
    From My Healthy Kitchen To Yours
    www.tastyvegankitchen.com

Default Re: Whitewave sells dairy!? OMG, Please say it isn't so!

Why don't you give them a call and ask them?

White Wave is a subsidiary of Dean's Foods, the largest dairy processor and distributer in the world.
    I would say its 100% dairy free, it claims to be, but I could definitely see it being produced on machines that process dairy.
    Let us know if you find anything else out.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Dean Foods bought White Wave in 2002. We stopped buying Silk when we found out because we didn't want to support the dairy business even indirectly.
    Check out the Toronto Vegetarian Podcast at veg.ca/tvp !

http://www.msu.edu/~howardp/

most "organic" companies are owned by or affiliated with something unethical...
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller