Thread: Vegan Skin Care

Default Vegan Skin Care

I have extremely sensitive combination skin, I constantly have very dry blemished skin and have to moisturize constantly, this of course gives me spots.

I drink a lot of water, take a vegan vitamin supplement and eat a relatively balanced diet.

Can anyone recommend a decent vegan friendly skin care regime or good products?

Thanks!

(sorry if this has been addressed before, just point me in the direction of the right topic if it has).

Default Re: Vegan Skin Care

Have you tried lavender oil (pure, be careful not to get in eyes) under extra virgin olive oil for moisturizing?
    It's sounds greasy and at first it might feel that way but spend time smoothing the oil into your skin and you will soon be wanting more. Surprisingly it doesn't leave your face shiny either. I also use tahini as a scrub and a mask. For cleansing I use a shea butter based bar soap made locally http://www.thelittlesoapmaker.com/ but I'm sure you could find something similar in a natural store near you.

My skin is pretty sensitive too, though more dry than combination these days. I am getting on OK with a couple of Lush products: Aqua Marina cleanser and Celestial moisturiser. If you can get to a branch of Lush you can try before you buy, and the staff there often seem quite well clued up about sensitive skin.

I developed adult onset acne a few years ago, but at the same time my skin was quite dry and flaky (and seems to be heading further that way). I moisturise with Lavera sensitiv (watch out for two different versions, only one vegan, with Vegan Soc logo). I also use a powder form mineral based foundation. My acne seems virtually gone now, although I'm not sure whether it is just down to what I put on my skin or other factors like diet and stress levels.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

i use Alep soap as a cleanser for my face, and use Weleda's almond hydrating cream. works great with my skin. for the few pimples you can try lavender essential oil, i find it less harsh than lemon, grapefruit or tea tree oil that i also use when i have bigger ones.
    i use Cattier's white clay face scrub, but it's a french brand so i don't know if you can get it where you live.

ivandurago

I love Nature's Gate - however I am not sure if they sell it in the UK

lush moisturizers work really well for me too, but try eating a lot of fresh fruits like avacado or tomato, or any other kind, eating lots of fruit helps your skin soo much.