Thread: Vegan Banoffe Pie

Default Vegan Banoffe Pie

Hello to all, here's a recipe my mother came up with:

80g HobNob Biscuits
    40g Vegan margarine
    3 Alpro soya caramel deserts
    Bananas
    1 small carten of alpro soya cream

1). Put all your hobnobs in a sandwich bag and tightly seal, take a rolling pin (or any kind of heavy duty kitchen utensil haha) and crush them all into very fine small crumbs. Be careful though, you don't want to pierce the bag by accident.

2). Melt all the margarine in a pan on the hob.

3). Stir all the crushed biscuit crumbs into the melted margarine.

4). Now line your dish with the mixture, making the biscuit base and edges for your filling. Place in the fridge for a while in order to let it set.

5). Add the caramel deserts and spread evenly up to all edges.

6). Slice as much banana as needed to cover the entire caramel layer.

7). This is the tricky bit, the cream is runny. You can whisk it for a while attempting to whip it, but you don't get the same effect, however it does thicken it, which is always needed. When you are happy with the consistency of your cream, pour over the top, covering the banana and caramel.

8). Now simply grate either soya or dark chocolate over the top and put in fridge.

I hope you enjoy

Also, if anyone knows if there is vegan whipped cream available? Or any techniques of achieving it fully, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you all for reading.
    Love and liberation.

Default Re: Vegan Banoffe Pie

Soyatoo do a carton of whipping cream that is already quite thick, much thicker than the alpro one anyway
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Quote Poison Ivy View Post
    Soyatoo do a carton of whipping cream that is already quite thick, much thicker than the alpro one anyway
    Thanks alot
    Love and liberation.

That sounds good - I haven't had banoffee pie for many a long year, and this way you don't run the risk of exploding condensed milk tins either I agree with Poison Ivy that the Soyatoo would probably work well.

BlackCats

That sounds really good (and simple to make.)

It is!!!!
    Love and liberation.

Yum! I'll be making this very soon. Thanks to your mum for the recipe and to you for posting it, Rachel.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh
    If i keep a green bough in my heart my singing bird will come.

Hope noone minds that I'm bumping this thread up with my post, but I just wanted to say that I used this recipe over Christmas, with Soy Cream (think it's this one!http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/detail/435699b.jpg) that I found in my local tescos.

The banoffee pie was ABSOLUTELY DEVINE! Like heaven in your mouth! All the Omni's loved it too! I'll definitely be making it again! I ate almost half to finish it off yesterday, because it was just soooo wonderful...The quantity here was also perfect, though I'll be doubling the recipe next time because that was definitely NOT enough!

I found the cream I used to be really...interesting I'd never used it before, and it comes out in this weird square lump thing, kinda like 'hardish' custard. But you whip it around in a bowl for a bit with a whisk, and it ends up all lovely and whipped, and frothy-ish, and perfect for spreading on top of the pie!

I was going to take a photograph....but I forgot, I'll take one next time, because it looked like a thing of vegan beauty!

So thanks so, so, so, so, so, so, SO much for posting the recipe! It was so easy to follow/make, and I look foward to using it again, and again, and again!

I make vegan banoffee pie regularly but use Marks & Spencer's digestives instead of Hobnobs.