Thread: vegan volunteering!

Default vegan volunteering!

hi, have any of you volunteered abroad before, like maybe south america? (i think i saw a thread about it a while ago)
    anyways id like to, preferably with kids, but it would need to be an organisation or an orphanage/school thats not affiliated with psychiatry, farming, religion, politics and stuff like that. maybe im wrong though and its all about basic care, like teaching and feeding kids?
    if not id like to volunteer at an animal shelter or something with the environment, but i dont really have experiance with animals, just got my first dog! and its not my own either so.
    any ideas, advice?

Default Re: vegan volunteering!

Hi,
    maybe Pixeequeen has some info? She volunteered at a rescue/rehabilitation centre in Ecuador last year...

Hey Drooly! If you're interested in volunteering with kids, I highly recommend coming to work at Children's Land in Sadhana Forest, a vegan reforestation and volunteering community in India. Children's Land welcomes children from nearby villages, Pondicherry, and Auroville,in Tamil Nadu. The children are free to do as they wish when in Children's Land, a sizable plot of land with fruit trees, food plants and trees. We do recycling art with garbage, painting and drawing, and non-competitive games. You can google "sadhana forest" and click on "Children's Land" for more info.

hope we get to see you soon!

There's loads of places you can volunteer at for free listed here:
    http://www.volunteersouthamerica.net/

This week I'm going to start volunteering with kids in a shanty town in Buenos Aires. If you send me a PM after Saturday I'll let you know how it goes if you like.

Edit: just realised this thread's super old ha. Oh well, I'll leave the information there in case anyone's interested...

The Vervet Monkey foundation in South Africa is Vegan and looks after primates here is there link: http://www.vervet.za.org/volunteer/volunteer_home.asp