Thread: Feeling much more positive - thank you!

edge of sanity

Talking Feeling much more positive - thank you!

Hi there,

I'm feeling much more positive now. Thank you for your support. I had a bit of a sticky time over cooking etc but I worked really long hours this week which no doubt didn't help but that 5-ingredient cookbook came and, I got a new wok/saucepan which makes life 100 times easier. I think having the right stuff available to cook and to cook with, helps a lot.

I also had a 'is this really worth it?' moment so I started thinking about the alternatives and I felt sick and kept seeing images of mummy-cows and their babies being separated at 1 day old (I'm a mother and this was what got me into veganism first - it hurts me on a very primal level to imagine the ache in a mummy cow's heart) and I knew I just had to learn to cook. That's it, no other way for me.

I've been gaining weight recently, like 7-8 pounds in 3 weeks which seemed really odd as what I'm eating can't be worse than my 4-takeaways per week omni diet! So I did some reading here and generally and discovered that too much soya - especially processed soya products - can cause weight gain. So, I'm having 7 days without soya to see if I notice a difference. If so I might introduce it 1-2 times a week, but not 2-3 times a day

Funny - my husband, the same man who when I said I was giving up meat and dairy, didn't bat an eyelid, freaked out when I said I was going to give up soya for a week and he actually said, "isn't that a bit extreme?" and "what will you eat?" LOL guess that shows how much soya foods I was eating...

Default Re: Feeling much more positive - thank you!

Goodness, you're doing extremely well, rainbowcarousel. Sounds as if your husband has already acclimatised to your new vegan persona too

I've cut down on soya products too, mainly because some of them seem to give me indigestion. Tofu is OK (and not especially calorific I don't think) but I don't get on so well with some of the sausages and stuff.

BlackCats

Default Re: Feeling much more positive - thank you!

That is good news rainbowcarousel.