Thread: I think I *get* it - the joy of cooking!!

edge of sanity

Talking I think I *get* it - the joy of cooking!!

Well I never... two things happened, firstly I decided to go soya-free for a week (another story) and I got the 5-ingredient cookbook through from Amazon which I'm very impressed with as a starting place for those who don't really cook from scratch. Anyway.....

I made a creamy mushroom soup (okay I used tinned organic white beans but soaking them myself is a step too far for now!) with garlic bread and it was delicious! Hubby really enjoyed it too. Took 15 minutes all in and far more filling than a regular soup because of the blended beans; YUM! I actually can't wait to try cooking lots of other recipes, to start with I'm sticking with beans and when I get more confident I'll try quinoa and seitan and that.

And, I love stir-fries and I've been freezing the leftovers and bringing to work to have in pittas - it's like giant spring rolls. I just can't wait to eat all this food. And to mix and match whatever I want in my meals. So much more interesting than my 'substitute soya-products for anything meat or dairy' that I did for the first month. Truly an eye-opener!

Default Re: I think I *get* it - the joy of cooking!!

so glad another person has discovered how fantastic cooking can be, not only for the body, but also for the soul.

keep it up, and be sure to post pictures in the piccy thread!