Thread: Do vegan chocolate Valentine hearts exist?

Question Do vegan chocolate Valentine hearts exist?

My boyfriend is a choco-aholic and wants one of those Valentine Day heart boxes of chocolate.

I was wondering if any company makes vegan versions of them?

He's not vegan, but he loves vegan food, especially the treats.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Do vegan chocolate Valentine hearts exist?

Quote Healthy View Post
    My boyfriend is a choco-aholic and wants one of those Valentine Day heart boxes of chocolate.

I was wondering if any company makes vegan versions of them?

He's not vegan, but he loves vegan food, especially the treats.

Thanks in advance!
    you could make your own if not. Buy some chocolate moulds and make some simple chocolates and put them in a heart-shaped box. It would be extra special as you've made them yourself and a fraction of the cost.

(if you do this, you should probably make me a box as well, as it was my idea )

Ha-ha, that's a super duper idea ... I've made him raw vegan "ice cream" in the past and he loved it =)

I couldn't be bothered to make stuff and I prefer the chocolates in boxes like the Celebration Chocolate Boxes or the White and Silver Luxury Chocolate Boxes further down. here to the ones you've posted Healthy - but obviously you'd have to transfer these into a heart shaped box.

(or you could use it as an excuse to buy loads of different vegan chocs and eat the surplus yourself! If you like marzipan the marzipan selection box is very nice as it has marzipan made from walnuts and brazils as well as almonds.)
    Last edited by Marrers; Jan 31st, 2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: to add info
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Awww, thanks Marrers, you're a sweetheart! Actually those are DEFINITELY something I'd like for myself!

My boyfriend is more a more traditional, old fashioned romantic, so I am gonna go with the heart

Healthy..I just have to tell you..every time i check out a thread...you are here! haha! great minds i guess, right?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.~ Mahatma Ghandi

Have you visited Vegan Essentials on-line store? They have loads of Valentine's chocolates for sale

Quote Healthy View Post
    My boyfriend is more a more traditional, old fashioned romantic, so I am gonna go with the heart
    thats so nice...my boyfriend is great in many ways, and very generous...but he never gets me anything for valentine's day. and i am somewhat of a tough girl, not a big romantic, so i try to pretend and even convince myself that it doesn't bother me...but it does. last night i just straight up told him "i've decided i want you to get me something for valentine's day" haha! he didn't seem thrilled. but i am hoping that i will get some vegan chocolates. i have a feeling i better keep my fingers crossed tightly!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.~ Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Roxy View Post
    Have you visited Vegan Essentials on-line store? They have loads of Valentine's chocolates for sale
    thats what i was gonna say!
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

That's what I was gonna say too!

Wow, I haven't checked this thread in a few days -- yes, I did get a box from Vegan Essentials -- it came already too! I can't wait to give it to him

Not chocolate as such but i am making shortbread heart biscuits with melted chocolate in the middle for my husband. We are not buying each other anything so wanted to do something little for him.

Quote Healthy View Post
    Wow, I haven't checked this thread in a few days -- yes, I did get a box from Vegan Essentials -- it came already too! I can't wait to give it to him
    nice! you should have ordered 2 boxes...ya know, that way you could test them out!

Ha-ha, great idea Maya -- I could definitely order another box!

Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day.

My boyfriend loved the vegan heart chocolates -- in fact, so much he hid them from me (but he said he was hiding them from the cats ... yeah, right! LOL!)

Quote Healthy View Post
    Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day.

My boyfriend loved the vegan heart chocolates -- in fact, so much he hid them from me (but he said he was hiding them from the cats ... yeah, right! LOL!)
    haha, a likely excuse! thats great though., glad he liked them. i was hoping to get something tasty, but i didn't...once again. but, i did get myself a couple of cookies made by Alternative Baking Co. have you ever tried these? they are big soft chewy cookies. they are soooo good. i have to keep reminding myself that they are not low fat, or i could probably eat about 3 in one sitting!

Veggie Maya, I haven't tried those cookies -- do you have a link for them?

Quote Healthy View Post
    Veggie Maya, I haven't tried those cookies -- do you have a link for them?
    sure! here ya go. so far i have tried the peanut butter choc chip, double chocolate, and peanut butter. i think i like the peanut butter choc chip the best, although there a few more flavors that i havent tried yet. i'm pretty sure they carry them at Whole Foods.