Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pancake recipes?

Default Re: Pancake recipes?

it's a flat crumpet. Though in some parts of the UK it's the other way around. They call the fat ones pikelets.

Has anyone actually made proper pancakes today? or have you all opted for the american-type ones?

proper ones for me!
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

if i rember crepes originate from france ^^ they are lighter than normal pancakes ande are uaslay eaten at breakfast with savory stuff on them, i had my home made lemon sryup with pancakes ^^

My family eats them with sausage gravy! Chew that over. hehe.
    I made pancakes this morning, thanks for the tips!
    I used a mix and apple juice and raisins and pumpkin and pumpkin spice and covered it with cheap "syrup"
    it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble

i made pancakes this morning in lieu of last night, as was having a fight with my boyfriend instead then

used the vegan with a vegance recipie, just with no baking powder. muchos tastos

amanda

I didnt even realise it was panacake day yesterday until about 5 in the evening when I was stuck in a train jam, stood still literally for an hour - someone on the train was talking about it.So, I didnt make any. Hvaent had any in so long - i think it was nearly 2 years ago!! must make some
    "On the dance-floor I am a world class freak... Its the beat"

O-P there may yet be pancakes in the house!

i'm heading into town now to see if I can get some of the really nice cinnamon and apple packet mix :P cheating but this way I will actually make them!

I totally forgot yesterday so a bit late .... and may be very late by the time I get home tonight ... all the more fun though ... late night snacking on pancakes!

edit: no pancake mix! not surprising I guess the day after pancake day ... I may have to experiment
    'Spring will soon pounce [like a floppy kitten]'. Whalespace.

yay pancakes! that's a shame about the mix. I've made pancakes before, but they came out more like crepes.We should just throw stuff together and see what comes out...anyway I know its way too late for you to be replying now Linda, since you're probably already on your way back from work!
    "On the dance-floor I am a world class freak... Its the beat"

I don't know what it's like in other parts of the world, but in Iceland, we have special pancake (crepe) pans. They're specially made for pancakes, and one should never use them for anything else.

This thread has got my tummy rumbling, too bad it's half past twelve. I missed pancake day (didn't even know it existed!), but I think I'll have to make some this week anyway.
    "Neptunus, you've finally gone mental." ~ Stu

Quote ketsurui199 View Post
    if i rember crepes originate from france ^^ they are lighter than normal pancakes ande are uaslay eaten at breakfast with savory stuff on them, i had my home made lemon sryup with pancakes ^^
    true. they're thiner and larger. they're eaten at breakfast, but honestly we can eat some for lunch or diner too (for more salty dishes we will use black wheat flour, or teff flour for me ^^). it's always easy to make some when you have an informal meeting with friends and don't want to cook.
    we also have a special pan.

i use my mom's recipe, the only one that works with me. there's one egg in it, but i replace it by some soy yogurt.

Mahk

Quote Mahk View Post
    Thanks Risker. To make "A" I used this recently:
    http://strattonhouse.com/images/pancakes.jpg
    Using the exactly stated soy milk amount they came out a tad too thick, even for for my preference, but overall I think they were good. Next time I'll add some more soy milk. The author is from the US so I assume she means "A", but if watered ("soy milked") down even more, I don't see why it wouldn't work well for "B". I liked the cinnamon taste, but I'd omit that for "B" application, personally.

So is there a food called a "crepe" in England and if so may I see a pic?

TIA.
    Oops. I see my link was bad. Here is the link I meant:
    Easy Vegan Pancakes.

P.S. I just made a half sized batch for waffle batter and still had leftovers for another day. Since it contains no eggs I feel safer about that. I doubled the oil content, which I believe is normal for waffle use, and recommend 3.5-4 minute cook time depending on preferred darkness. They came out great!

I do a basic mix and match of flour, soda water, soy milk, nutmeg/allspice and a bit of baking powder and I get the fluffiest most golden pancakes ever.

So I went out to get pancakes on national pancake day because I did not have time with all of my classes and what not and had the most amazing spiced mocha pancakes! They were chocolatey sweet slightly spicey goodness. mmmmm
    mmmmmmm...cupcakes

just did more pancakes with friends tonight (one vegan, two not). They all like them. yaay!

Hmmm, pancakes. My flight home to Halifax today was canceled and bumped to the evening - perhaps I'll console myself with some homemade pancakes! Yay!
    Check out the Toronto Vegetarian Podcast at veg.ca/tvp !