Thread: BBC - Blatently Biased Corporation

Default BBC - Blatently Biased Corporation

PLEASE Re-post

Complain to the BBC !

In a CBBC programme called "Evacuation to the Manor House" shown at 5pm some week days on BBC1, the kids were today made to take part in a pheasant shoot. !!

They even had to take part in beating (flushing the birds out of the bushes into the path of the guns), then they had to pick up the dead birds.

It was presented by Matt Baker who was overjoyed over the whole shooting affair.

A veggie boy called Sam was very distressed and a little girl called Mary cried when it hit her that she had been a part of the carnage.

Anyway folks, please, please please complain. It is unacceptable to try to indoctrinate kids into bloodsports.

This show was SICK

CLICK HERE to see the sick show on BBC i-player
    (the shoot starts about 9.30 mins into the show)

Click here for BBC complaints - MAKE A COMPLAINT NOW!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Default Re: BBC - Blatently Biased Corporation

Emzy the link goes to myspace..........

Quote emzy1985 View Post
    PLEASE Re-post

Complain to the BBC !

In a CBBC programme called "Evacuation to the Manor House" shown at 5pm some week days on BBC1, the kids were today made to take part in a pheasant shoot. !!

They even had to take part in beating (flushing the birds out of the bushes into the path of the guns), then they had to pick up the dead birds.

It was presented by Matt Baker who was overjoyed over the whole shooting affair.

A veggie boy called Sam was very distressed and a little girl called Mary cried when it hit her that she had been a part of the carnage.

Anyway folks, please, please please complain. It is unacceptable to try to indoctrinate kids into bloodsports.

This show was SICK

CLICK HERE to see the sick show on BBC i-player
    (the shoot starts about 9.30 mins into the show)

Click here for BBC complaints - MAKE A COMPLAINT NOW!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008wcx5.shtml?q=Evacuation+to+the+Manor+House&sta rt=1&scope=iplayersearch&go=Find+Programmes&versio n_pid=b008wcx1R

This links to episode six. There was another episode available too but I guess they will be overwritten soon.
    I am not running windows so cannot see the clip at the mo.
    I guess the children took part with parental consent. I'm not sure how the distress of the 'dissenters' was portrayed.

Here is a complaints path for BBC attention:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/make...nt_step1.shtml
    Problematic is waking someone whom pretends to sleep.

Sorry about that Vava! I just copied and pasted it from my friends blog. But please complain as it is a complete fucking joke!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Quote emzy1985 View Post
    Complain to the BBC !
    Done.

I've complained to the BBC about various issues (approx 4-5 times) in the past year and, though i'd requested feedback on each issue, I never received any. It's a disgrace. I don't want to seem to burst anyone's bubble, but brace yourself for a non-starter.

Done. Apart from expressing my disgust at indoctrinating children into the vile 'sport', I also had a go about the presenter's crass and insensitive remarks after the vegetarian boy was shown clearly quite distressed. " But during the war evacuees had to do what they were told, so this lot need to slap on a smile and get stuck in".

What an unreconstructed tosser.

They should hang their heads in shame.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

Oh well, I've received an automated acknowledgement and they say they'll respond within ten days. We'll see.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying. We know our correspondents appreciate a quick response and we are sorry you have had to wait on this occasion.

Thank you for contacting us about our recent CBBC living history series Evacuation to the Manor House.

We understand that you were upset and offended by the scenes in which the children took part in a pheasant shoot.

The series was designed to give viewers an insight into the history of the evacuation of city children to the countryside during the Second World War. The programme in question focused on a traditional country pursuit which during the war would have provided evacuees, estate workers, and family members with a welcome supplement to rationing.

By featuring this item in the programme we neither intended to promote nor criticise blood sports, and we were certainly mindful to avoid any unnecessary cruelty towards animals. The commentary was clear about the historical context of the shoot and our evacuees took part as beaters and pheasant retrievers, both of which are jobs that would have been done by children living on an estate like this during the Second World War.

The pheasants were killed humanely and this was, and in some areas still is, a natural and accepted part of country life. As city children, many of them, like the real evacuees before them, arrived at the Manor House totally ignorant of where their food came from – and even though some were squeamish about handling raw meat, without exception they found it a fascinating and educational experience. The children learnt how to pluck the pheasants because this is the sort of activity their Second World War counterparts would have been involved in.

As part of the programme the boys also took part in target shooting practice, which was in a safe and controlled environment and certainly gave them a greater understanding of the uses and dangers of live firearms.

A couple of the children found the experience distasteful at first. But if you watch the series you’ll see that experiences like this were the start of a remarkable journey of discovery for our modern day evacuees.

In the series as a whole, the children were given responsibility for a range of farm animals and viewers learnt about the importance of humane treatment and responsible husbandry.

I would like to assure you that we have registered your comments on our audience log. This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management. It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

BBC Complaints

We should be teaching kids animals are not meant to be used for food! GRRR!

Oh well, I have just received my reply.. I won't bother posting it as it is a carbon copy of the one already posted upthread.

"a natural and accepted part of country life"?!?!?! - Has this person never heard that the majority of UK pheasants shoots are partaken at the expense of cage-reared and debeaked birds' lives?