Thread: Vegan sandwiches coming to 7-11 stores!

Thumbs up Vegan sandwiches coming to 7-11 stores!

Default Re: Vegan sandwiches coming to 7-11 stores!

I want our 7-11's to stock those!
    I wonder if they are any good...
    tabbouleh-bouleh

woo hooooo!!! this is very exciting news! i am going to check out the 7-11 around the corner from my place today!!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.~ Mahatma Ghandi

Maya, your 7-11 may not have them just yet ... they said they are aiming for more stores to have them around May of this year ... I HOPE eventually all the 7-11s will have these sandwiches. That will really help out when traveling.

I hope they're good too. And healthy. I hope they're not just thrown on white bread with a billion preservatives/additives.

Quote Healthy View Post
    I hope they're not just thrown on white bread with a billion preservatives/additives.
    very true! that would be basically pointless then. as for food that would be good for traveling..its really too bad you are up north. at Dean's natural market they carry these pre wrapped sandwiches and they are all vegan. tofu tuna salad, veggie turkey...great to bring to work. they have this raw spinach lentil wrap that is out of control yummy! i cut it into about 4 pieces so that i could make it last..hahaha!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.~ Mahatma Ghandi

Man, I'm doing a search to see if there are any 7-Eleven's around here.

I wonder if they'll do this for 7-Elevens in Ontario?

They have some vegetarian sandwiches but they aren't vegan. Just cheese on bread and stuff.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

We have several 7-11's here but I don't know if/when they'll carry these. I hope these sandwiches become popular in Philadelphia (their test market) so they will expand and carry them throughout the other states and Canada.

Quote sponge View Post
    We have several 7-11's here but I don't know if/when they'll carry these. I hope these sandwiches become popular in Philadelphia (their test market) so they will expand and carry them throughout the other states and Canada.
    so, just for sh*ts and giggles i decided to take a look in the 7-11 by my house tonight. no vegan sandwiches as of yet...but i did see that they are carrying this adorable mini sort of "on the go" hummus cup with crackers. that is definitely good to know. i wonder if more convenient type stores would carry these things if only we asked?

Quote veggiemaya View Post
    very true! that would be basically pointless then. as for food that would be good for traveling..its really too bad you are up north. at Dean's natural market they carry these pre wrapped sandwiches and they are all vegan. tofu tuna salad, veggie turkey...great to bring to work. they have this raw spinach lentil wrap that is out of control yummy! i cut it into about 4 pieces so that i could make it last..hahaha!
    No, not too bad I live up north -- the Shop Rites up here are like the Garden of Eden. I've never seen so much organic whole foods in my life! Much more than any Whole Foods place I've ever been too.

And salads are really my thing ... not sandwiches. I make a HUGE raw salad every day filled with organic greens, sea vegetables, hemp seeds, tomatoes, raw olives, etc. ....

Vegan sandwiches are a novelty to me, not a reality ... and even when I do make them, honestly, I prefer the ones I make myself

Wow, a local story! I actually attend Temple University (where one of the listed 7-11s is located) and they've had these sandwiches since I first enrolled two years ago. I never saw them in any other 7-11s (I started actively looking) and figured they were just there because college campuses generally have a larger percentage of vegans/veggies. Anyway, they have at least 6 varieties and they're very good. I had wanted to go vegan for years prior to college, but these sandwiches were my first chance to actually test the waters and see if I could stomach the food. The fact that they were so decent (I actually craved the faux-chicken salad even when I was home that winter break) made me more serious about ultimately switching. I think having these so readily available is not only great for us vegas but also for people who might be curious and open to the possibility of transitioning. Great news!

Hey Russell, I'm glad to hear the sandwiches are actually GOOD

Are they on whole grain bread? Are they expensive?

Yeah, they're all on whole grain. They cost around 5 bucks which is more or less the same price as most of the other sandwiches 7-11 sells in the refrigerated section. I haven't actually purchased too many since becoming vegan (since I've taken pains to find totally vegan restaurants around the city) but I will definitely scope the situation out on Monday and see how much they are, how many varieties they currently have and how well they're selling. I'll let you guys know more then!

Dream on for these to show up in Las Vegas. Pork rinds are all you see in our 7-11s.