Thread: Dark Circles

Default Dark Circles

I have dark circles under my eyes. Anyone have any advice on this?

I also might add that I am anemic.

Default Re: Dark Circles

Perhaps it is a symptom of your anaemia. My skin is naturally blueish under the eye because I'm very white, but it looks worse if I get a bit anaemic due to menstruation.

Do you know why you're anaemic and are you doing anything about it?

No idea how true this is, but I read in a magazine (must be true then!! ) that refined sugar can cause/worsen dark circles. I think it must be at least partially true because when I ate sugary foods (as opposed to sweet foods) my eyes always looked worse the next day. Since going vegan I've not eaten so much refined sugar and my eyes look a whole lot better - the circles are much less visible.
    But I agree with VeganDaze that the anaemia could be the culprit (and my mum would say are you sure you're getting enough sleep?! )

Quote VeganDaze View Post
    Perhaps it is a symptom of your anaemia. My skin is naturally blueish under the eye because I'm very white, but it looks worse if I get a bit anaemic due to menstruation.

Do you know why you're anaemic and are you doing anything about it?
    low iron

It is impossible for anemia to cause this so that is nice to mark off of the list of factors.

Est @ I have never heard the refined sugar theory but that may be why I had circles under my eyes this morning with my sugar overload last night.

Mellie @ I would imagine that most of this is due to stress, lack of sleep, restless sleep, or could even be cause by slight cases of depression. Mental outlook has such a huge impact on our bodies sometimes we don't even realize.
    mmmmmmm...cupcakes

I've always had dark circles under my eyes, and I've never been anemic, almost never have refined sugar, and even when I get tons of sleep. Sometimes it's just thin skin. If it's new, however, it could be nutritional or conditional (sleep).

I've also got dark circles under my eyes - I think mine is genetic. I use a good concealer when I want to hide them.
    flickr.com/photos/bonniesducks

i also have dark circles. mine are genetic/sleep deprivation/allergy related...

when they get especially bad i get asked why i have black eyes...
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

I used to get them when i was kickboxing (well, all round the eyes sometimes) , dunno why?
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

some people (including me) just always have dark circles, nothing to do with nutrition/lack of sleep/anything else, although some things can cause them to look worse, it's just thin skin under the eyes.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

sadly it can be hereditary. the only really effective sure is a good night's sleep, lots of water, a healthy diet and exercise. i have horrendous circles from many late nights and lots and lots of wine. i know which i would rather have though. best bet: but some decent concealer.

I haven't tried this yet but I have tried several of there other products and I was really impressed http://www.naturalelements.co.uk/restoring-eye-gel/
    The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well

I’ve had dark circles under my eyes for as long as I can remember caring about that sort of thing. I had it in my head that I was anaemic but having finally plucked up the courage to get a blood test, it turns out I’m fine. I get plenty of sleep, drink a good amount of water and eat pretty well so I think it’s just the way I am (I’m very pale so I guess that doesn’t help).
    I have my doubts about any creams helping but I wondered if anyone had a positive experience to report about a particular product? Otherwise I might try the one that Maisiepaisie suggested above. I guess concealment is the best way to go but whenever I’ve tried this I end up with makeup caked under my eyes looking really dull and unhealthy. Can anyone recommend a concealer for dark circles? Plus any tips on how to apply it and what to use in conjunction with it? (at the moment I just use a tinted moisturiser).
    Thanks!
    Last edited by VeganMonkey; Nov 24th, 2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Formatting

I've puffiness and baggies under my eyes that are really noticeable but there's no darkness. Preparation H seems to help a little bit but I'm not sure if it's psychosomatic. Aside from that, a good concealer for the color.
    Either this wallpaper goes, or I do.