Thread: Please help, I need a good vegan cream cheese recipe

Default Please help, I need a good vegan cream cheese recipe

Please help, I need a good vegan cream cheese recipe. I have found some recipes online that look and sound good, but I'm not sure how they'll turn out. I know there's always trial and error, but my recent attempt to make vegan soy mayonnaise didn't come out well, though it was not my fault that the recipe was bad. I don't want to waste food and throw it out because it doesn't turn out well. I have the ingredients for vegan cream cheese, but I want to make sure that I have a good recipe with the appropriate measurements and amounts, including for the tofu. I saw a nice recipe that calls for nutmeg, nutritional yeast, a package of silken tofu, and a few other seasoning ingredients. Has anyone had success making a good tasting vegan cream cheese that was not raw and does not call for nuts? If so, please share your recipe with me. I'd appreciate it very much.
    From My Healthy Kitchen To Yours
    www.tastyvegankitchen.com

Default Re: Please help, I need a good vegan cream cheese recipe

give your recipe a bash ... if it doesn't turn out as you want, it needn't be wasted. Blend it up with some soup and it will give it a creamy burst of flavour.

mango woman

Exclamation Re: Please help, I need a good vegan cream cheese recipe

I thought adding tofu to a little lemon juice and maybe some salt and a tiny bit of garlic was supposed to make a good 'cream cheese'? I am not sure if it's supposed to be soft or firm, but I too am looking for a recipe because I'd like to make my own from time to time when I have these great bagels I find sometimes at the store that have like 20 g protein and 14 g fiber [the only bagel I've felt is worth eating! so high in calories usually]

Anyway, any tips or recipes or suggestions greatly appreciated.

They've got tofutti cream cheese...It's quite nice and it lasts a long time.
    Either this wallpaper goes, or I do.

mango woman

Yeah, I know all about the store bought kinds. I'm looking for a recipe so that I may make it at home instead of buying the prepackaged processed stuff. I can deal with it if it's something I make at home from tofu or something.

you can make some cream cheese out of cashew nuts. just put some 2 parts of cashews with 1 part of water into a blender and blend, blend, blend.... until it forms a cream and the nuts are gone. add some lemon juice, vinegar and some yest flakes, maybe a bit more water to get your desired consistency.
    http://vegangothfairy.wordpress.com