Thread: Vegan Chocolate

lazytiger

Smile Vegan Chocolate

Hello again,

I have finally been able to rid myself of my stupid pizza addiction. Even though my weight initially suffered a downward jerk, I was able to stabilize it pretty soon. Thanks to all the members here for their help and support. However, I am not still a vegan. Chocolate and Honey are the final hurdles to cross. But let me confine myself to chocolate here first. I generally take on one at a time as I think that will be more effective. Are there any Vegan Chocolates available at stores like Walmart in the US? I tried searching, but could not find any. Please let me know. Thanks again.

Default Re: Vegan Chocolate

Hi lazytiger I fought a pizza addiction (triple cheese topping usually ) and won so I know how much willpower that must have taken! Well done!
    I'm in the UK so I don't know what Walmart stocks, but most dark chocolate is vegan because it tends to just contain cocoa rather than cocoa plus milk-based ingredients.
    Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to recommend specific brands!
    Good luck

PS When you start tackling the honey, I can higly recommend Agave Nectar! It's more expensive, but you use less of it than honey (maybe 2/3rds the amount of honey?) because it's sweeter, so it pretty much balances out.

Congratulations on overcoming your pizza addiction That's great!

Personally, I hate Walmart and don't shop there, so I don't know what they carry. I imagine they might have Green & Black's though (as they are owned by Cadbury's). If so, the Green & Blacks dark chocolates are vegan and also very nice

Green & Blacks orange dark chocolate is quite possibly the best stuff ever made,lol!
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

The Original Goldenberg Peanut Chews (red pack, plain chocolate) are vegan, sort of similar to Snickers.

Not sure if they sell them all over the US but if not in your area you could mail order.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Quote gogs67 View Post
    Green & Blacks orange dark chocolate is quite possibly the best stuff ever made,lol!
    I had my first Hazlenut & Currant one last week...excellent, but I think the Ginger one is the best.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

Are there any Vegan Chocolates available at stores like Walmart in the US? I tried searching, but could not find any.
    Couldn't you find any chocolate with the label 'vegan' on the package, or couldn't you find any that didn't contain any animal products?

Quote gogs67 View Post
    I agree the dark chocolate with orange is SO GOOD!