Thread: i got a milk chocolate easter egg

100% sure – I'm going vegan! yum's Avatar

Default i got a milk chocolate easter egg

Hi all,
    so it is easter and work bought me a thorntons milk choclate egg. I felt very sad because i couldn't eat it . I was ALMOST tempted to eat because i didn't pay for it. But made myself see sense and gave it away. Does anyone else get given milk choc eggs at easter?

Default Re: i got a milk chocolate easter egg

I've gotten 2 from family members so far who are overly celebratory of Easter. Just going to leave them for my housemates to have.
    Hopefully someone (or myself ) will buy a nice vegan egg like booja booja or something.

JC

have you seen the price of the booja-booja eggs?! for a nicely decorated wooden egg with 3 chocolates, it's £8!!! woah. although, the other day i bought a gourmet selection of the truffles for £5 on sale. i was pretty chuffed
    anyway, no one has bought me any milk chocolate eggs. i just have a little g&b 70% egg, which i'm not that keen on tbh (much prefer maya gold, lol) but it's the thought that counts. although i don't really see the point in buying easter eggs. it just encourages you to overeat. if you want some chocolate, you should just buy a chocolate bar when you feel like it, rather than feeling you have to eat loads of chocolate just because it's easter. damn commercial holidays!

My sister told me that she had brought me a Areo Easter Egg..Luckierly my nephew told her that I don't eat milk chocolate..so she's keeping it for herself and is going to get me something that isn't chocolate at all
    Ive never seen a booja-booja egg..are they nice?

asleep ona sunbeam

are booja booja fair trade, and if not, are there any fair trade vegan choc eggs?
    I've not received any which is fine by me...
    ...I don't get the whole, rabbit laying eggs to celebrate Jesus rebirth stuff, and I don't believe in Christian stuff, but chocolate in general is good*drools*.

I accidentally bought us a box of special green and blacks easter chocs not realising half of them were milk chocolate
    Silent but deadly :p

Does anyone remember the booja booja chocolate easter eggs they used to do? They were all swooshed up with gold crunchy papery stuff, with a box of truffles under the egg. Mmmmmm.

I was given a few milk chocolate things by a couple of the children in my class, but I gave them away to the football team who got changed in my classroom after school. The funny thing is, we did a WHOLE TOPIC all about chocolate, so I thought they'd remember that I only had dark chocolate. Ah well. 'Twas a nice thought.

asleep ona sunbeam

Quote Cherry View Post
    Does anyone remember the booja booja chocolate easter eggs they used to do? They were all swooshed up with gold crunchy papery stuff, with a box of truffles under the egg. Mmmmmm.

I was given a few milk chocolate things by a couple of the children in my class, but I gave them away to the football team who got changed in my classroom after school. The funny thing is, we did a WHOLE TOPIC all about chocolate, so I thought they'd remember that I only had dark chocolate. Ah well. 'Twas a nice thought.

how old are they?

I got a big Booja Booja papier mache egg with 12 truffles in it - it was reduced in Harvest in Bath yesterday afternoon, down from £19 to £9. Woo hoo! I bought my other half some Organica White Choc and some Spirit of Marrakech choc - in line with Mahk's suggestion, I decided to go for Easter Rectangles rather than eggs!

My husband's work gave him a milk chocolate egg last year - he told them why it wasn't suitable, then we regifted it to my nephew. This year they bought him a bar of Green and Blacks dark... so we're getting closer, and by next year, hopefully he'll have trained them enough to get it right!

Had a bit of a falling out with SWMBO today (no change there then). She got the ache because I insisted on checking the ingredients of the shop bought apple pie, but after she bought me museli containing Bee vomit I felt compelled to check.

Sure enough it contained egg.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

asleep ona sunbeam

Quote Jiffy View Post
    Had a bit of a falling out with SWMBO today (no change there then). She got the ache because I insisted on checking the ingredients of the shop bought apple pie, but after she bought me museli containing Bee vomit I felt compelled to check.

Sure enough it contained egg.
    Eggs laid by bunnies?

nope... my vegan-for-Lent friend told me that the first thing he did after Lent ended was to start collecting lots of non-vegan pastries.

I got him to give me some of his vegan food because I was hungry. He said he was going to "definitely" eat less animal products after Lent despite returning to vegetarianism, but I ain't seein' it at all.

And people know better than to offer me non-vegan food. Nowadays people I know are more likely to say, "Really? That's vegan?" than "That isn't vegan?"
    "To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to nirvana." - Buddha

cobweb

My next door neighbour gave my son a Mars Easter egg - she also gave him milk chocs for Christmas. Its awkward because i like her but we don't chat that much so its never come up that we're vegan.
    My son is passing the egg on to his granny.

Oh no! That's annoying Cobweb. Do you think you'll ever end up telling her?

Quote asleep ona sunbeam View Post
    how old are they?
    They're 7 and 8, so pretty young