Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your Daily Calorie/Fat Quota

Default Re: Your Daily Calorie/Fat Quota

well done indeed. i'm not doing so well unfortunately. i properly couldn't do my jeans up yesterday. i suspect my weight's creeping up unabated and other than stopping my meds i don't know what to do. i'm walking for an hour a day, too tired to do any more exercise and eating normally.

cobweb

ah, you've done well there Mr F

RubyDuby

good luck gorilla. thats so frusterating.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

cobweb

Quote Gorilla View Post
    well done indeed. i'm not doing so well unfortunately. i properly couldn't do my jeans up yesterday. i suspect my weight's creeping up unabated and other than stopping my meds i don't know what to do. i'm walking for an hour a day, too tired to do any more exercise and eating normally.

didn't see your post, gorilla - i really sympathise and i hate taking my meds, it's like they are an enemy in my endeavours to lose weight/get fit. However, if i'm honest, without the meds i often wouldn't feel able to exercise, so what are we to do?

Sorry about that Gorilla, frustrating isnt it? I'm on steroids for my lungs that cause weight gain (been for the past seven years!). I really have to restrict to lose any weight. But with shit lungs, I wouldnt be able to exercize at all! Oh well...

thanks cobweb and ella. it really sucks.

I'm sorry to hear that too Gorilla =-/ I can only imagine how frustrating that is.
    Czujesz się wolny i robisz co chcesz. Jesteś piratem!

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    1 month on I'm 89.7kg
    2.5 months later and I'm back to where I started in July - 94.9kg

I had a cold that lasted about 6 weeks (and I still have to a degree) have been eating what I'd say is a 'normal' amount - 2000-2500kcals a day. I've been aware of regaining a bit, but it hasn't been until the last week or so that I've noticed my visceral fat suddenly increase.

I'm heartened to know that I can loose it, disheartened to know that I seem quite incapable of keeping it off once I've lost it, eating what I'd call a normal amount (given that I'm 6f2). Looks like it's the start of calorie counting, rice cakes and daily weigh-ins again.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

sorry to hear that Mr F

i cut down quite a bit last month and lost about three lbs but i got bored and went back to eating normally again i haven't weighed myself since then but i've probably put it back on
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

cobweb

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    2.5 months later and I'm back to where I started in July - 94.9kg

I had a cold that lasted about 6 weeks (and I still have to a degree) have been eating what I'd say is a 'normal' amount - 2000-2500kcals a day. I've been aware of regaining a bit, but it hasn't been until the last week or so that I've noticed my visceral fat suddenly increase.

I'm heartened to know that I can loose it, disheartened to know that I seem quite incapable of keeping it off once I've lost it, eating what I'd call a normal amount (given that I'm 6f2). Looks like it's the start of calorie counting, rice cakes and daily weigh-ins again.

sorry to hear this, Flibble
    i seem to be just the same and have put back on most of the weight i lost before. In the past i've lost a lot and always put it back on + more, so now i'm really a little scared of trying .
    how do people lose several stone and keep it off?. Seems to me with each year that passes it gets harder to keep/get slim .
    are you still gym-ing?

Yes, but not cardio - just swimming once or twice a week. Not a great deal of swimming at that.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

BlackCats

Quote cobweb View Post
    how do people lose several stone and keep it off?. Seems to me with each year that passes it gets harder to keep/get slim .
    I don't know anyone that has lost weight and kept it off, most people I know who try and lose weight yo-yo. I lost 2 stone before I got married 2 years ago but I have nearly gained it all back now. Saying that I do eat constantly so I shouldn't be surprised.

My weight loss is due to getting a really stressful job and rushing around like a idiot

cobweb

i was going to ask about the job, Puffin but i was too scared

Hehe, thanks for the thought
    Well lets say i have a new one lined up for the new year

cobweb

are you having a break in between?

I dont think so. Little one as a big back tooth coming through and was really upset so i am at home today. Trying to stick it out till i find out my starting date.

I haven't put back the couple of stone I lost in the last few months, but I have stayed the same now for the last month. Not surprising really as snacky things have started creeping back in. I'm seriously considering joining Weightwatchers Online thingy (don't have time to go to meetings) to see if that will keep me on the straight and narrow and get the scales moving downwards again. Meh, I don't know, I just hate the thought of paying for something I already know how to do...just can't be arsed too!!
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

cobweb

ivy i've tried a couple of online thingies like that before but just wasted my money

i was reminded again this morning of my recent weight struggles when i pulled a pair of trousers out of the back of the wardrobe and found i couldn't do them up. i've been wearing dresses a lot lately because my bum has got too big to fit in any of my favourite trousers. i really don't want to buy new ones though because i don't want to stay this weight. *sigh*
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Quote cobweb View Post
    ivy i've tried a couple of online thingies like that before but just wasted my money
    Yeah, I've joined em before too Cobweb and tbh couldn't be bothered with all the faffing counting points etc. When I have lost the weight successfully before, I did it (both times) on my own - following a structured 'diet' just annoyed me....I have issues with being 'told' what to do I think - and yet still when I'm feeling despondent or get 'stuck' I think that paying money to join a weight loss thing will work THIS TIME...and it never does.

I'm so glad I posted on here last night and waited a while, because I've decided I'm not going to waste my money joining a slimming club. If I can't find the motivation within myself without throwing good money after bad then maybe I'm not all that bothered about losing any more for the time being...who knows??
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

cobweb

it's so nice to know i'm not the only one who does these things, i also do the book thing - i get down, then i get determined, i order another book from amazon, then i read it, decide it's a load of bollocks, and sell it again!

we know what to do but obviously we don't really want to do it enough!

BlackCats

Quote Poison Ivy View Post
    I have issues with being 'told' what to do I think
    Same with me! I think I would find it annoying if I joined a group and people tried to tell me what to do, I'm too rebellious, even when it's something that could help me.

Quote Gorilla View Post
    i was reminded again this morning of my recent weight struggles when i pulled a pair of trousers out of the back of the wardrobe and found i couldn't do them up. i've been wearing dresses a lot lately because my bum has got too big to fit in any of my favourite trousers. i really don't want to buy new ones though because i don't want to stay this weight. *sigh*
    Your bum is not big, you have seen mine right?
    Try not to worry to much, you looked great last time i saw you.

aww thanks puffin, your bum is definitely not big!