Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Daily Calorie/Fat Quota

Default Your Daily Calorie/Fat Quota

Over the last few years I've weighed more than I should. Not massively so, but enough for it to be noticable that I'm a fat bastard. I put this down mainly to my complete lack of exercise but also eating slightly more than I need.

Over the past 4 weeks I've been eating about 1200 calories per day and 30g fat. I have indeed been loosing weight at a good rate and am now only marginly above a 25 BMI. I'd like to continue, but at a slower rate, being able to enjoy more nice things but having 1 or 2 (instead of none) and not eating the whole pack like I used to!

I've always assumed that the 2500/95 thing that is recomended both by our gov and others for men per day was what you should aim for, assuming you're doing an average amount of exercise. Given these figures perhaps I'd aim for 1800/65 for an extended period to loose a few more kilos in the next 6 months.

Cherry is convinced that it's actually nowhere near as high as this. I'm not so sure, though obviously everyone's body is different.

I haven't found what my target amount is to stay the same weight whilst doing the amount of exercise I'm doing (not a lot), I guess I'll find it over time when I've lost enough weight and am able to keep it there.

I was wondering whether anyone had found their ideal daily amount, given their sex, height and general build.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Default Re: Your Daily Calorie/Fat Quota

Quote Mr Flibble View Post

I was wondering whether anyone had found their ideal daily amount, given their sex, height and general build.
    Haha you are joking right? I have to exercise to be able to eat anything I like. Although eating healthy and moderate exercise are around about right for me. At least one day a month I have an unhealthy day.

My typical day would consist of a smoothie or cereal and fruit for brekky. Lunch is always pretty big and carby and dinner alot lighter and less carbs if I can help it. Other times I'll have two smoothies, snack on fruit and then have a big dinner. Everything is low fat, non-refined and as unprocessed as possible. I maintain around 10.5 - 11 stone depending on the time of month. Although at the moment I'm aiming for a 11stone bottom end goal as I'm bulking up abit in the arms etc. I'm 5ft11 in height.

Good luck Mr Flibble!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

I think it's better to eat more and excercise more than to eat less and do less. Obviously, if that isn't possible, then you will have to eat less but be careful you are eating correctly and getting all your nutrients. I don't think it's good for your body to lose weight too quickly...it sends "starve mode" messages and you might actually gain weight when you start eating more normally again!

Good luck with it, Mr F. I'm afraid I have no idea how many calories I consume each day. It probably varies quite a lot. One thing I will add is that remember there are tons of useless calories in booze...sorry!
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Good sperm

I eat around 2000-2300 a day but it's all fruit/veg/wholegrains/natural fats. Also I run a lot (4-5 times a week, a mixture of speed/hill sessions and a long run of 6 miles+ on Saturdays) so my metabolism is high, as well as swimming and generally being active at work (obv. that last part does not apply ATM so I'm eating a little less)

I find if I eat less than 2000 a day I put on fat as my body thinks I'm starving. Plus once I'm in a regular exercise routine and I'm eating healthy foods and 6 small meals a day my appetite regulates itself and I trust it. If I'm very hungry one day I'll eat plenty of carbs, other days I might not be so hungry so I eat less or only have 3 meals a day. I don't really regulate my calorie intake.

Quote RedWellies View Post
    One thing I will add is that remember there are tons of useless calories in booze...sorry!
    I've been having virtually no alcohol over the past month. AFAIK alcohol slows your metabolism, so if you have it with food your body spends more effort getting rid of the poison than the food. The calorie count in spirits isn't very high: 100 calories per shot of 40% gin/whisky/rum/vodka. You could just have the main course and get drunk without the starter and pudding, but it wouldn't be as good for you.

http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/14037.html
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

I started using thedailyplate.com and you put in your height, age, current weight, and weight loss (or weight gain) goals. They tell you how much you should be eating.

In my opinion, 1200 for you is way too low. I'm 5'3 and put my activity level as low and I still get 1400 calories a day recommendation (but I tend to eat 1600, as my body likes that more).
    Peace, love, and happiness.

I shoot for 2500cals a day, usually 25-30% fat. I'm 6'1 and male.

I used that 'thedailyplate.com' site and it says if I maintain a moderatly active lifestyle I need 1,583 calories to lose 2 pounds a week and 1,238 if I set around on the computer doing nothing all day. So i'll keep it at the level i'm at, Which is between 1,000-1,400 and I should do okay.
    It also says I need around 2,238 to maintain on my current lifestyle. I usually only get around 1,700-2,000 but I don't usually count when i'm trying to maintain.

Is that website usually reliable, Tigerlily?
    Until we stop harming all other living beings, We are still savages.

I am 5'3 and weigh 135 pounds. I have an active lifestyle. Granted I don't run or swim for exercise, but I'm always on the go.

When I was losing weight - I aimed for around 1600 calories per day with a maximum of 30% fat.

Now that I'm happy with my weight, I am maintaining at 1700-1800 calories per day and 25-30% fat.

Please remember that when I was losing weight, I was slightly less active than I am now.

Quote Animosity View Post
    Is that website usually reliable, Tigerlily?
    Yeah I really like it. I've tried Fit Day and Spark People and so far TDP is the best.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

If I want to lose weight I follow the diet laid down in "A Physician's slimming guide" (or "Foods that cause you to lose weght", an expanded version of the former) by vegan medical doctor, Neal Barnard.
    His diet is low fat vegan: fruit (excluding avocadoes and olives), vegetables, wholegrains, legumes plus a Vitamin B12 tablet; also one must do 30 minutes exercise (e.g. walking, jogging, gardening) each day.
    He excludes avocadoes, olives, nuts, seeds, oil and margarine (and, being vegan, also excludes meat, fish, eggs and dairy).
    I find that his diet works.

http://www.nealbarnard.org/
    Animals are not food, they are our friends.

Quote Joe View Post
    If I want to lose weight I follow the diet laid down in "A Physician's slimming guide" (or "Foods that cause you to lose weght", an expanded version of the former) by vegan medical doctor, Neal Barnard.
    His diet is low fat vegan: fruit (excluding avocadoes and olives), vegetables, wholegrains, legumes plus a Vitamin B12 tablet; also one must do 30 minutes exercise (e.g. walking, jogging, gardening) each day.
    He excludes avocadoes, olives, nuts, seeds, oil and margarine (and, being vegan, also excludes meat, fish, eggs and dairy).
    I find that his diet works.

http://www.nealbarnard.org/
    I've never belived in cuting out a healthy part of a balenced diet like that. Cuting out good fats, Good carbs, I think they are very important in a healthy diet. I think they should be countroled, But cuting them all out like that just doesn't seem very healthy. Plus, What happens when you re-introduce them? You haven't learned how to incorperate them so you'll end up gaining the weight back if you aren't careful.
    Until we stop harming all other living beings, We are still savages.

Quote Animosity View Post
    I've never belived in cuting out a healthy part of a balenced diet like that. Cuting out good fats, Good carbs, I think they are very important in a healthy diet. I think they should be countroled, But cuting them all out like that just doesn't seem very healthy. Plus, What happens when you re-introduce them? You haven't learned how to incorperate them so you'll end up gaining the weight back if you aren't careful.
    I recently went to a function at work at which I ate a large number of nuts. When I weighed myself at my regular Saturday morning weighing I found that my weight had gone up. So I'll lay off nuts for a while till I get my weight down.
    Animals are not food, they are our friends.

Ok, my plans didn't seem to work out. The good news is that I didn't put much weight back on (1-2kg), but I didn't loose any either

So, I started again this week on a low calorie/fat diet (upto 1400 calories, 25g fat) and have done at least 30 mins exercise in the gym each day (500-750m swimming or cardio). I seem to have lost some weight, and following advice I've read will now increase my intake to avoid my metabolism slowing/going insane eating rice cakes.

I invested in some new scales this week that both store data and can upload the results to an excel spreadsheet. They calculate BMR (the amount of calories I'll burn if I stay in bed all day) for me each day so I know roughly the amount of calories I can consume and loose weight, which was the reason for this thread

If I continue to exercise each day, added with daily functioning should allow me to loose weight if I stick to this number. I've been having upto 1400 calories per day this week and my BMR at the moment is 2110, so I should be able to increase now.

I'm keeping a log of all the food I eat in a spreadsheet so I can work out the calories/fat/protein/carb/salt I'm consuming and cross reference it with my stats at the start of the following day. I'm also logging what percentage of each thing I eat is raw, purely for interest. I'm not sure whether to record the percentage by calories/weight or what.

Completely unscientific in so far as the fact that a) nutricianal values on packets are wildly inaccurate for the actual contents b) my scales are probably way off c) BMR isn't perfect anyway, but hopefully it'll show a trend. At least if I don't stick to it and I gain weight or stay the same I'll know why, and if I do stick to it but don't loose weight I'll start saving for lypo.

So, I started again this week on a low calorie/fat diet (upto 1400 calories, 25g fat) and have done at least 30 mins exercise in the gym each day (500-750m swimming or cardio).
    Sounds similar to the "diet" I did last year, lost a lot of weight... but I'm a 5'9.5" (abot 177 cm) female. How tall are you? How fast do you think you'll lose it? I can tell that running for 1/2 an hour can burn like 500 calories, so that wont leave you much.... all the guys I know eat like 2500 calories or more.

I invested in some new scales this week that both store data and can upload the results to an excel spreadsheet.

I'm keeping a log of all the food I eat in a spreadsheet so I can work out the calories/fat/protein/carb/salt I'm consuming and cross reference it with my stats at the start of the following day. I'm also logging what percentage of each thing I eat is raw, purely for interest. I'm not sure whether to record the percentage by calories/weight or what.
    That would make me go crazy!! All that measuring and weighing and calculating!!

I'm 5' 4", and I've always been skinny (weighing in at around 119 pounds). Recently I've been trying to gain weight. So I've been eating 2,800-3,100 calories a day (25% fat, 60% carbs, 15% protein), and doing weight resistance, muscle-building exercises twice a week. I plan to add cardio to this later (I used to run a lot, but now I want to focus on getting bigger, and then start running again when I want to get more toned).

I don't have a scale, so I don't know if I've gotten heavier in the past couple of weeks, but I feel a little bit bigger and stronger, I think I look a little better, and I'm eating pretty healthy. Eating a lot has also made it very easy to get all the proper nutrition.

Gaining weight has never been a problem for me. I excel in seeking out/making vegan junk food. I eat healthy stuff (not as much as some people, but way more than the average uk person) and too much of that too! If I'm conscious of what I'm eating but don't count calories then my weight stays the same. If I'm not then I gain. I'm about 10kg heavier than when I was at university (and was 5kg heavier than that at xmas). I ate extremely well at university too (vegan), but walked at least an hour a day and did exercise for 30mins-1hour each day on top. Even then I wasn't underweight by any means, but in the BMI 'normal' weight category. I've never been in the 'obese' category, just floating around in 'overweight'.

I'm 6'1" (185cm) and I'd like to loose 10kg ASAP! I don't have a particular desire for a muscular body, but I obviously wouldn't say no. If I can get addicted to going to the gym then that'd be great. My mother was a county standard tennis player and father a world record breaking athlete when younger, so I must have inherited at least some muscle building genes!

As I say, I'm increasing my calorie intake now (so as not to slow my metabolism - http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...starvation.htm) up to my BMR level (this morning 2107 calories).

good luck Mr F. you're going about it very thoroughly, i must say.

i've put on a bit of weight lately, but i put it down to the medication i'm currently taking because i haven't significantly changed my eating/exercise habits, although i have been drinking a bit more alcohol recently. i'd like to lose a little bit but as i've found in the past, it's very hard to lose extra pounds that have been gained due to medication.

i'm never going to get into the gym, just find it too boring/time consuming, but i do walk for about an hour a day (half of that uphill). i prefer to do exercise that actually has a purpose, eg. walking somewhere, carrying heavy shopping etc. i don't have the motivation otherwise.

i've never been into calorie/fat counting because until i started this medication i was lucky enough to be able to eat/drink pretty much whatever i wanted. i think i'd better start watching more carefully now though so i don't turn into a fat bastard (which i don't think you are by the way, Mr F).
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    Yeah I really like it. I've tried Fit Day and Spark People and so far TDP is the best.
    i tried to register and it said it was closed to new members, and redirected me to another site called Livestrong.com. i couldn't be bothered to go through the registration process twice.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

LGBunny

I'm 5'3" somewhere between 52 to 54 kg and eat at least 2500 calories a day - alot of the time junk ones as well - and more on recovery days after big rides. But i'm active so my weight rarely fluctuates much - if I run/cycle more it tends to go down a bit, but if I weightlift more it tends to go up a bit. My body knows where it needs to be now I think - but you have to be properly active for that to work. None of this 30 mins three times a week crap. Most people need an hour of activity a day and a couple of good sessions a week to be truely fit IMO. The government gives that 30 min figure just because it is better to get the masses to do something rather than nothing.

sugarmouse

Yo have a lovely figure,gorilla.
    I remember when I first went on meds that was one of my prime concerns, will it make me put on weight?lol
    exercise helps with mentally feeling good aswell though
    I wuld like to know how many calories I need to consume per day to maintain,lose or gain but I dont know how to figure it out at all!
    I am dieting at the moment because I amjust not happy with my body at all.
    I dont want to weigh myself though.
    I do drink quite alot of alcohol it has to be said!:dizzy
    :

Gorilla: Thanks for the compliment, but I really am . I don't notice it in the mirror (I'm quite the opposite of people who are skinny but think they look fat in the mirror), but I get disturbed by pretty much every photo of me I ever see.

LGBunny: I'm sure you're probably right about 60 mins per day. I unfortunately work an office job that is a bit too far away to cycle to (given my level of fitness anyway, you could probably run it!), so the gym is really my only outlet currently. I'm not counting walking/housework/diy etc in my timing. Ideally I'd like to get back into some sports, so that exercise is fun rather than a hassle.

Sugarmouse: As per my previous post, as far as I can tell the way to figure that out is BMR:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_metabolic_rate
    http://health.discovery.com/tools/ca...sal/basal.html

You will need to know your weight though. Also, I've read that alcohol isn't so much of a problem calorie wise (particularly if you're drinking spirits as opposed to beer/cider) the problem is that it lowers your metabolism whilst the body focuses on removing the poison.

sugarmouse

I agree LGBunny. Its similar to the five a day rule on fruit and veg..its same principle..top athletes hardly get that way jogging around the block couple times a week do they

I average about 20 mins a day at the meoment I would love to get it up to one hour per day but I aint sure where to start at alll!
    I run, and do my weights to build muscle.

Mr Flibble thankies for those links, interesting!
    I will weigh myself one day this week-its a scary prospect with my E/D history! and I am muscular now so I am betting it is high, although I am knowing this isnt bad, it still shocks me sometimes how much I weigh.

EDs do play havoc with your metabolism too I guess.

cobweb

Flibble i am much like you - i look in the mirror and see the person i've always been, even though i used to be very slim and am now a Fat Bastard myself. It's the photos that shock - how did i end up so large? .

I started exercising recently because dieting just wasn't my bag atall, too much negative focus. I have lost almost a stone but ideally want to lose a few more! .
    In reality i may never be the weight i was in my 20s so if i can lose 2 more stones i'd at least be a healthier weight.

1400 calories does seem very low though, do you get very hungry eating that sort of amount?. I am eating 2000 cals (or thereabouts) and still wake up ravenous! .

Quote sugarmouse View Post
    Yo have a lovely figure,gorilla.
    I remember when I first went on meds that was one of my prime concerns, will it make me put on weight?lol
    exercise helps with mentally feeling good aswell though
    I wuld like to know how many calories I need to consume per day to maintain,lose or gain but I dont know how to figure it out at all!
    I am dieting at the moment because I amjust not happy with my body at all.
    I dont want to weigh myself though.
    I do drink quite alot of alcohol it has to be said!:dizzy
    :
    thanks sugarmouse, i think you have a great body. i'm just thinking my thighs are getting a bit chunkified, which always happens first when i start putting on weight, and i want to lose a bit of flab from my upper arms so my tattoos look their best. i weighed myself for the first time in ages yesterday, and i'm not overweight (according to BMI) but i'm about 10 pounds over the weight i'd like to be.

thanks for the links Mr F. i found this from a link on the Wikipedia page which is an easy BMR calculator. according to that i'd burn 1,430 calories if i stayed in bed all day. i have quite a sedentary job but i do walk for an hour a day, not sure how many calories that would burn, but i suspect i eat around 2,000 - quite possibly more.

Quote cobweb View Post
    Flibble i am much like you - i look in the mirror and see the person i've always been, even though i used to be very slim and am now a Fat Bastard myself. It's the photos that shock - how did i end up so large? .

I started exercising recently because dieting just wasn't my bag atall, too much negative focus. I have lost almost a stone but ideally want to lose a few more! .
    you're not a fat bastard either cobweb! hope the exercising's going well. congratulations for losing a stone already!

sugarmouse

I wish I put on weight on my thighs,rather than as I do!I never get much change on my thighs, just my belly, so I look like an easter egg on legs... if I put on weight. my legs always stay slimmish. I am sure if you take it steady and make some small changes it wont be difficult to lose 10lb, not that you need to

I am confused with BMR calculators though I have tried few differnet links,and so far being told I burn 1300 and 1800, with a few in btween, I also dont know how to gauge how active I am.

cobweb

Quote Gorilla View Post
    thanks for the links Mr F. i found this from a link on the Wikipedia page which is an easy BMR calculator. according to that i'd burn 1,430 calories if i stayed in bed all day. i have quite a sedentary job but i do walk for an hour a day, not sure how many calories that would burn, but i suspect i eat around 2,000 - quite possibly more.

you're not a fat bastard either cobweb! hope the exercising's going well. congratulations for losing a stone already!

ha-ha, thanks
    i've always been quite chunky so i don't really mind that, but i want to be hard chunky instead of wobbly chunky
    according to tests i've done i should burn up 2,700 calories a day with my current exercise level, so why does it take so flippin' long to lose weight?
    hmm

As per the wikipedia page there are several different calculations.

I'm guessing that some online calculators will use different calculations (likely based on the competance of the person who wrote the javascript).

The most accurate calculation requires both your fitness level and your lean body weight. You need fat monitoring scales to get the lean body weight. Mine that output BMR readings have 3 levels of fitness defined - virtually no exercise, exercise several times a week, athlete. Since saturday I've been getting output like this:

So ideally fat% will go down, and muscle mass% will go up. If weight goes down and muscle mass% doesn't go up then that's bad news, as it means i'll have lost muscle.

How many calories do you burn in the gym cobweb?

that's an interesting chart Mr F. almost makes me want to buy some of those scales, although i'm sure they're extremely expensive.

The scales are really helpful, Gorilla. I got mine for $90 (US).

Mr. Flibble, what website are you using to calculate BMR? I've always done mine with normal calculations but it'd be easy to use a website instead.

Sugarmouse, there are three calcuations used in nutrition texts. I use the number in the middle (mine ranged from 1600-3500 calories!).

I try to stay away from "dieting" these days, and focus more on healthy eating. Funny thing is, I find it's actually easier to maintain my weight now that I'm eating more calories. Before, when I would restrict myself to say 1,000-1,200 calories a day, I would literally need only eat a chip and hey presto - 3 lbs!!! I really think eating that little messes around with your metabolism - you loose the weight very fast, but then it comes back even faster when you start eating properly again

I don't even know how many calories I eat anymore, but I'd guess it's somewhere in the range of 2,000. I personally think 1,400 for a man (and I think you're quite tall too) is way too little - like someone else mentioned, if you go under a certain amount of calories, your body starts to prepare itself for a famine (thinking food must be in short supply!) and so it tries its best to hang on to those calories. That's why we think we're doing so great and then we just hit a "plateau". Plus, if you're not getting enough energy, you'll just be tired all the time and won't be able to exercise.

The 2,500 recommended is only a guideline, but depends on things like your height and frame, I imagine. Maybe instead of reducing calories so drastically, just try and aim for around 2,000 and cut out some of the fat too (just stick to healthy fats). And make sure you don't completely deprive yourself of treats if you want to stick to it long-term - we all need cake sometimes Weight loss will be slower this way, but it's aimed more at long-term health as opposed to just a short-term fix.
    "Born on the same planet, Covered by the same skies..."

cobweb

Mr F I don't know how many calories i burn at the gym, i only monitior it on certain machines (that show calories, heart rate etc on the screens)

i use the lat machines, shoulder press, leg press, and total abdominal which don't give readouts, then i row 1,000 metres but i tend not to focus on the calories, just distance rowed. Only when i use the bike and treadmill do i see how many calories i burn - and it takes a lot of effort to burn 100!

Quote ellaminnowpea View Post
    Mr. Flibble, what website are you using to calculate BMR? I've always done mine with normal calculations but it'd be easy to use a website instead.
    My scales read weight, then combined with the personal data I've entered measure fat/muscle/water/visceral fat percentages and calculate BMI and BMR automatically. When I feel like it (every day at the moment) I connect a usb drive to them which copies the data off, then plug it into my PC, which outputs the results into Excel. If I then feel like it I can copy the data into an SQL database and plot pretty graphs online

http://www.medlaunches.com/gadgets/p...ve_you_unw.php

Quote RachelJune
    like someone else mentioned, if you go under a certain amount of calories, your body starts to prepare itself for a famine (thinking food must be in short supply!) and so it tries its best to hang on to those calories
    Was it me?

sugarmouse

True. When I first got better from anorexia, it was amazing how quickly the weight piled on, and i wasnt eating unhealthily or a lot even.

cobweb

according to my scales/body-fat monitor thingy 22% of my body is muscle. What I can't seem to find out is this - what % should i be aiming for?. What is a good muscle %?.
    what's yours, for instance, Flibble ?.

Cobby, does it say lean body mass is 22%? Does it give a body fat percentage?
    Mine breaks it up like this: bone mass (percentage of total weight), water mass (in lbs or kgs), weight (in lbs or kgs), body fat (in lbs or kgs AND percentage of total weight), and lean body mass (percentage of total weight).
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

Today I'm 93.7kg, of which 21.2% fat and 40.4% muscle.

According to wikipedia men should be 40-50% and women should be 30-40% muscle.

sugarmouse

I would sooooo love to know mine!

cobweb

mine doesn't say lean body mass, it breaks it up into water, fat, and muscle mass, giving my muscle mass as 22.5% (is that the same as lean body mass?)

i'm not telling you my fat % but lets just say it's quite high!

I was counting calories and fat for years.....but I don't do it anymore. I haven't done it for a couple of months now, after wanting to break away from old ways of controlled thinking.

I'm overall happy with my relatively healthy eating habbits now, and have managed to lose another 3 pounds recently without even trying. I'm now at 132 pounds, which is still healthy for me.

i almost couldn't get into my jeans at the weekend. i haven't even been eating that badly and i've been as active as normal. i'm really worried i'm getting back into the same situation as when i was on medication before, i.e. my weight just suddenly shooting up without me realising, and then having a really hard time losing it again until coming off the meds

i've been too scared to weigh myself

Quote Gorilla View Post
    i almost couldn't get into my jeans at the weekend. i haven't even been eating that badly and i've been as active as normal. i'm really worried i'm getting back into the same situation as when i was on medication before, i.e. my weight just suddenly shooting up without me realising, and then having a really hard time losing it again until coming off the meds

i've been too scared to weigh myself
    I find that my weight really fluctuates at different times of the month. One day I will panic when my clothes feel tight and think how have I put all that weight on? But then next week I will be back to normal

A lot of people I work with and friends do calorie controlled diets. I seriously have no clue how much I eat on a daily basis! I try to eat healthily so I don't think I would exceed the daily allowance most days (obviously some days I go way over when I am being self indulgent!). I don't even know how you go about figuring out what you are eating I make a lot of meals from scratch so it seems like way too much trouble to be writing down every carrot, mushroom and bean I eat

Yeah, I think the eating when you're hungry is better, but it's not for everyone. Some people (at least says medical studies) feel hungry more often than they really need food, and overeat because. For me, though, I now eat when I'm hungry, and exercise regularly (physical activity seems to help curb appetite too, or maybe it helps the body determine when it actually needs food). Though, for a while I did go on restrictive calorie diets, like 1200 a day, I don't think that was the best for me (thought I still do still keep in mind what I eat and how much).
    Czujesz się wolny i robisz co chcesz. Jesteś piratem!

Since the weekend my hunger has pretty much gone away.

Normally I can't stop eating, but now I'm actually going all the way from breakfast till lunchtime without feeling like I'm going to starve!

I've gone VLC again this week, but not having any of the associated headaches and cravings i had before. I'm able to eat if I make myself something, so come the weekend I'll start eating my BMR again.

Quote MrFlibble
    Today I'm 93.7kg, of which 21.2% fat and 40.4% muscle.
    10 days later i'm 92.4kg, 20.9% fat and 40.7% muscle.

Wahey That's pretty cool

My graphs for the last 3 weeks, showing BMR in relation to weight loss:

ooh graphs.

what was that blip near the middle - did you eat a lot of cake that day?! (sorry, no offence intended).

looks like you're doing really well, Mr F. keep it up.

I'm currently recovering from an ED (anorexia) which saw my BMI plummet to a very scary figure (I don't want to put figures so as not to trigger, also perhaps this isn't the right thread to go into it). I recently went for an appointment at the Clinical Nutrition department here in Bologna and my average calorie intake for the day came in at way under what I should be eating. Problem is, I've been eating this way for so long that I'm having real trouble increasing my intake, and I'm finding it hard to exercise because it's so hot, and the pools are overrun with schoolkids!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I want to kick this thing and get back to a healthy relationship with delicious, healthy vegan food

(Sorry if I've taken the thread OT )