Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: need help with cravings

cobweb

Default Re: having vegan troubles

well done!

Good job, yum. Glad to know you are hanging in there.

good job yum.

bring us much vegan yummyness at the meet.

100% sure – I'm going vegan! yum's Avatar

I'd just like to say thank you for everyone's support and advice as it helped. As suggested i watched appaling footage of abbatoirs and i balled my eyes out. I watch it by accident as it was in a smiths music video but all the same i have been traumatised for life!

friendly fri

morrisons sell a sweet n dairy free chocolate with rice bits in it, go check this vegan thing out, no?tastes lovely
    :D :)

Quote yum View Post
    i thought i'd just let you guys know that i am feeling much better after the other week. I didn't relapse and am continuing my vegan journey...choo choo!
    That's great, Yum!
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

That's good news Yum................talking about chocolate..........have you tried Thorntons dark chocolate bar. It really isn't bitter like other dark chocolate and is vegan. It does say the usual 'may contain milk traces' but that's just them covering themselves. I've been in contact with them and they said the chocolate is vegan but they have to state that as there is milk in their other products.
    I love it and make chocolate cornflake buns etc with it.............give it a go..........I hope you'll like it too!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

friendly fri

thanks..i often wondered if Thorntons sell vegan sweet stuff..thanks
    :D :)

Hi all,

I just need to get something off my chest and am looking for some suppport as i am so upset with myself i keep getting emotional....
    I've not been well the last three weeks with stomach acid problems. My stomach churns alot and i constantly feel sick. So i haven't been eating much but plain toast and pasta and have lost a few pounds. I feel very tired and really hungry but when i eat i feel like i'm going to be sick. The smell of foods with flavour in them like pasta sauce makes me want to yack too.

I don't have time to be ill as i have my dissertation to hand in next week. I'm desperate to get better and have not been. I've been craving tuna, cheese on toast and then last night i felt very sick as i was doing my dissertation and then started craving pizza. I supose it was an act of desperation and i bought one and ate two slices.

It was absolutly disgusting. I couldn't wash it down quick enough and run to eat some strawberries quick enough!!

I'm so upset with myself. My house'mates' bought me milk choclate but i refused. It was disgusting and i feel disgusting this morning and upset that i atethat shit. I feel abit lost now

Sometimes we have moments of weakness. It's only human nature. By the sounds of it your heart is in the right place and often these things reinforce our decision to be Vegan in the first place.

It's not like you ate the pizza and refuse to give up something you love, while still calling yourself Vegan.

It sounds to me that spending time chatting to fellow Vegans would help you to see that being a Vegan isn't the isloated experience it can sometimes feel like being.

No point in feeling upset, yum - we all do strange things when we're feeling ill.

I wonder what vegan foods would be palatable for you - something non-acid, presumably. Have you tried porridge? That can be quite calming to the inside. So can rice.

You could make yourself some vegan pizza with Cheezly, but perhaps lay off the tomatoes as they're rather acid?

Hope you feel better soon.

Yum, admitting to yourself that what you did doesn't sit right, and isn't the choice you want to make is the important. Lie Aubergine said, at least you're not lying to yourself. You know what choice you want to be making, and this affirms it.

Stu

Quote yum View Post
    I'm so upset with myself.
    This proves that you're still a vegan, Yum. If you said, "Yes, I ate a bit of pizza and I loved it and everything's great and I'm going to eat more!" then OK... But you didn't, thus demonstrating that you have a very strong vegan ethic. You are most definitely still a vegan. Don't worry if you don't want to come tomorrow, but we would all like to meet you (even if it's fairly brief), and you'd probably later wish that you had gone, if you don't.

Hi Yum, you sound as if you are under a lot of stress at the moment, so that might be causing your stomach problems. Do you think maybe you should see your doctor about your stomach? He could give you something to help settle it and you might feel more like eating.
    I know what it's like to have stomach problems, I was once feeling constantly nauseated for 6 months, it's a nightmare!
    I found eating little amounts worked best, and soup seemed easiest with maybe some crusty bread. At least it's a start, until you feel better.
    I hope you start to improve soon and maybe once you get off from university for the summer you will be back to normal again.

Quote harpy View Post

I wonder what vegan foods would be palatable for you - something non-acid, presumably. Have you tried porridge? That can be quite calming to the inside. So can rice.

You could make yourself some vegan pizza with Cheezly, but perhaps lay off the tomatoes as they're rather acid?

Hope you feel better soon.
    Hi Harpy,
    i've stopped eating porridge as it makes me feel sick. I think it's coz of the (soya!) milk is creamy, toast is fine though! I'm about to go to my local health food shop and see if i can find something yummy, vegan and that will help me have more energy.

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    Yum, admitting to yourself that what you did doesn't sit right, and isn't the choice you want to make is the important. Lie Aubergine said, at least you're not lying to yourself. You know what choice you want to be making, and this affirms it.
    Thanks Bryzee,
    when i was eating it i know it wasn't right and stopped. I didn't realise also how much i eat vegan for health as well as animals. I kept thinking about that shit that i put in my body and that i don't want to do this to myself. Of course, i have felt guilty about the poor cow that was abused for that pizza and keep having these images from the footage i have seen which is making me feel worse!

Quote Stu View Post
    This proves that you're still a vegan, Yum. If you said, "Yes, I ate a bit of pizza and I loved it and everything's great and I'm going to eat more!" then OK... But you didn't, thus demonstrating that you have a very strong vegan ethic. You are most definitely still a vegan. Don't worry if you don't want to come tomorrow, but we would all like to meet you (even if it's fairly brief), and you'd probably later wish that you had gone, if you don't.
    Thanks Stu. I definantly didn't want to eat any more pizza or any dairy at all. I was thinking at the time ...i can't believe people eat this crap and enjoy it. It was horrible. Which is strange because before i was vegan i used to love pizza. I would like to come and think i may. Must do some work first though.

Quote sandra View Post
    Hi Yum, you sound as if you are under a lot of stress at the moment, so that might be causing your stomach problems. Do you think maybe you should see your doctor about your stomach? He could give you something to help settle it and you might feel more like eating.
    I know what it's like to have stomach problems, I was once feeling constantly nauseated for 6 months, it's a nightmare!
    I found eating little amounts worked best, and soup seemed easiest with maybe some crusty bread. At least it's a start, until you feel better.
    I hope you start to improve soon and maybe once you get off from university for the summer you will be back to normal again.
    Sorry to hear of your stomach problems. Yes i find eating little and often helps because if i don't eat for more than 3 hours i start gagging. Mmmmmmmmm soup and crusty bread ...yum

If you fancy soup, maybe get some miso soup sachets when you're at the shop as they can be made up with minimal effort? Take care.

Quote yum View Post
    Which is strange because before i was vegan i used to love pizza.
    Is there a Pizza Express near you? They will do a pizza for you without cheese and then you can choose whatever veggies you want on it.

hugs for yum
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

Cheers Aubergine. Too be honest i don't want to see another pizza again. Slightly dramatic as it does sound but i have to say the whole thing has been quite a disgusting experience

Thanks for the hug Emma- you can never have enough hugs

*hugs* for everyone

x

I heard there were hugs going on

i thought when i saw your name in there nypher that you'd snuck in for some hugging action
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

Quote emmapresley View Post
    i thought when i saw your name in there nypher that you'd snuck in for some hugging action
    *cuddle*

cobweb

yum, don't be so harsh on yourself, we've all messed up at some point, or maybe when we've been ill wondered 'is it what i'm eating' because there's so much bullshit around about veganism it can twist your head when you're feeling low.

Big deal - you tried to eat something you used to enjoy and you hated it, you feel bad so you know it's not something you want to repeat. You're a vegan, a nice vegan with a good conscience, and you're also a human. Humans make mistakes. Clever humans always learn from their mistakes.

I really hope you feel better soon.x

Exactly!
    I think we all need more cuddles and hugs on the forum too!

So, heres some from me...........hugs,cuddles,hugs,cuddles,hugs,cuddle s,hugs,cuddles,hugs,cuddles.

I am convinced that I'm contagious. I swear, this happens everywhere I go to loads of people I start talking to. One day they're perfectly sensible people and the next day they're all walking around talking about hugs and cuddles and shouting "yey!" .

I suppose there are worse things to pass on to people than hug-disease .

LIke syphilis....

Quote cobweb View Post
    .... Humans make mistakes. Clever humans always learn from their mistakes.....
    I second this, we all make mistakes. If we do, learn from it, and do better the next time..If you ate something that made you feel horrible about what animals had to suffer for, remember that for the next time you make a choice..and choose something more suited to your beliefs.

I agree with everyone else. Don't beat yourself up over it, yum. (((HUGS)))

Quote Nyphur View Post
    I am convinced that I'm contagious. I swear, this happens everywhere I go to loads of people I start talking to. One day they're perfectly sensible people and the next day they're all walking around talking about hugs and cuddles and shouting "yey!" .

I suppose there are worse things to pass on to people than hug-disease .

We must have brushed passed each other on Royal Avenue and you've infected me with 'hugginess'

just wishing you all the best yum

i read something recently about 'falling off the waggon'. then it said, what is this waggon? there is no waggon!! don't be hard on yourself, be gentle, accepting was has happened, this way there is no struggle.

good luck with the way ahead - i hope you find foods to eat which are ok for your tummy and palatable too.

oh go on then - (((hugs)))

Thanks everyone.

I'm feeling abit better today about the cheese situation. Not beating myself up about it as much. I had a lovely time at the meet-up for Pavotrouge's birthday which cheered me up- so thanks for a lovely afternoon to everyone at the meet-up

xxxx

Glad you're feeling better Yum!

Stu

'Twas nice to meet ya, Yum.

Hi, Yum!
    I've just eaten a big pizza!
    I made it myself, though, so it was vegan and healthy. I made the base with wholemeal organic spelt flour. The topping was courgette slices, diced aubergine, sweet pepper, tomatoes and basil leaves, covered with slices of soya 'mozarella' .
    My stomach is happy!

You don't have to go without pizza when you become a vegan!

Glad we were able to help cheer you up, yum. Was lovely to meet you.

Michael.
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find me...

yeah, yum - hope you can make it to future meets, and I was glad to enlighten you about falafel and quinoa!

Quote Stu View Post
    'Twas nice to meet ya, Yum.
    Yes you too. Thanks for the persuation

Quote Mzee View Post
    Hi, Yum!
    I've just eaten a big pizza!
    I made it myself, though, so it was vegan and healthy. I made the base with wholemeal organic spelt flour. The topping was courgette slices, diced aubergine, sweet pepper, tomatoes and basil leaves, covered with slices of soya 'mozarella' .
    My stomach is happy!

You don't have to go without pizza when you become a vegan!
    It does sound healthy and yummy but i'm laying anything that resembles cheese or pizza at the moment...

Quote maikeru View Post
    Glad we were able to help cheer you up, yum. Was lovely to meet you.

Michael.
    Michael,
    i came home all smiles

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    yeah, yum - hope you can make it to future meets, and I was glad to enlighten you about falafel and quinoa!
    and weiners...yum! I'd love to go to another meet-up ..bring it on!

Quote yum View Post
    I'd love to go to another meet-up ..bring it on!
    That is what we like to hear! We'd love to see you - and I hope that everyone else who came will come again too.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Quote Marrers View Post
    I hope that everyone else who came will come again too.
    I'm not sure I will. Not if Stu and alcohol are involved.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote RedWellies View Post
    was he really that bad?

naughty man, stubert!

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    was he really that bad?
    He was worse than bad.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Ah but which Stu was it who traumatised you?!

(Let's make it so the next time there is NO alcohol involved - how's that for you? Not so good huh??!)
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Stu

That post looks really serious. Tell me you're not serious, RW.

I did wonder. That's the problem with the internet - sarcasm doesn't come across!

Quote Stu View Post
    That post looks really serious. Tell me you're not serious, RW.
    I'm always serious. Apart from when I'm winding you up. Have I ever been really mean on here??
    - Theodore Roosevelt

I'm always serious. Apart from when I'm winding you up. Have I ever been really mean on here??
    yeah, you bitch.

see? sarcasm doesn't show!

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    yeah, you bitch.
    Sigh...another Stu...
    - Theodore Roosevelt

So, football...

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    So, football...
    No, no, no...

Write on the board fifty times "real men play cricket"

Yum,

I've recently discovered I've had indigestion all of my life. Made worse now by some medication that I take.
    Who knew that something so common could be so awful?
    I crave animal foods when I am not eating enough and I wonder if it is the same with you? It is like my body is saying "Oh, I see you don't want any vegan foods, but I am really freaking hungry so how about some really high calorie animal foods that are easy to get?" As soon as I can eat enough though the craving goes away. I've all but given up tomatoes and oranges and have been trying to talk myself into cutting down on fat. I eat waaay too much fat. I hope that you feel better ((hugs))
    it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble